✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Former employee sues McDonald's for making him fat - AND WINS

NumbersGirl

I'm not saying McDonald's is to blame because they give out free meals, I was trying to explain maybe why the dude accepted the junk free food to Mark. However that effort was wasted because he still does not comprehend at all.

I don't know about this case, I mean there is a line to be drawn regarding how we judge these things... the line here being between 'it's his choice' and 'he was pressured into it'. Obviously the courts decided he was pressured into it tho

I've had only four workdays at McDonald's so far (oh this job makes my weekends so enjoyable D: ), but I kind of understand him. I tried to avoid to eat any food there, I'm there to earn money and not to get even fatter. But the thing is that there's not really room for the employees to have their breaks. There is one official room for breaks, but it's kind of in another building and by the time you're there, your break's almost over. We are allowed to eat in the restaurant between the other guests, but only if we put on a jacket before doing so. Still, imagine how it would look if the employees of McDonald's (you can still recognise our pants, even if we wear jackets) were sitting in the restaurant eating their self-made food and not the food that's being selled there. I do kinda feel pressured to eat the McDonald's food ... and I just chose to not eat at all instead. Anway, that's me and I don't need to eat that much during work, but others need their meal.

I've worked at more than one restaurant in the past, and after 3 or 4 weeks on the job I get sick of the food and can't eat it anymore.

Even just smelling it all the time gets old and makes your hunger go away. So this guy definitely had a love for McDonalds beyond what the average person could handle.

Also, McDonalds corporation is incredibly focused on making sure all their food tastes exactly the same regardless of where it is. They've turned food into a mass-manufacturing industrial process like Ford did with cars. So there's hardly a need for someone to be running around "taste testing" all the food.

Hahaha I do agree that 'taste testing' is certainly a lame excuse, you don't need to eat an entire burger or entire portion of chips to know what it tastes like, a very small bite of a burger and you'll know, you don't have to swallow it.

But Saffire about getting sick of it, isn't Micky D's supposed to be addictive? Well obviously different people are more prone to be weakened by addiction, maybe this guys one of them.

• 4 years later...