✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How would you feel if Avril Lavigne someday becomes as big as Madonna or U2?

HBK-79

You just totally ignored my points.

And how was that post you just quoted outrightly disrespectful in any way? She just answered your question straight up. But seeing as your an obsessive fangirl about something you're probably oversensitive yet stubborn on pushing your opinion upon us, and if you don't like our opinions you'll either ignore it or say we're getting personal.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just totally ignored my points.

And how was that post you just quoted outrightly disrespectful in any way? She just answered your question straight up. But seeing as your an obsessive fangirl about something you're probably oversensitive yet stubborn on pushing your opinion upon us, and if you don't like our opinions you'll either ignore it or say we're getting personal.

First of all, I'm a guy.:D

Second of all, I was just asking whether or not you guys would disrespect anyone who listens to Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, etc.

Because Lord knows tons of people have.:\ People would tell me that I have bad taste in music, that I shouldn't be listening to that crap, or the like.

I didn't ignore your opinions, Reilly. Your points are really sound.

The others' "points" are what I have a problem with. They're not even points. They're just potshots and put-downs. And those aren't what I'm looking for in this discussion.

Like I said, I'm not trying to cause offence to you or anything. I just honestly feel that she couldn't get to the status of U2 or something. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm trying to make you pissed off or something, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I used to be somewhat of an Avril fan - I had a couple of her albums, and they're pretty good. But I don't think she has the potential for huge super-stardom. She's pretty big already, yes?

Oh............k'.....

What? You didn't look at the gender symbol below my username?:laugh3:

And can't a male like U2, Coldplay, Avril Lavigne, and Taylor Swift at the same time? What's wrong with that? It's a free world, right?

Like I said, I'm not trying to cause offence to you or anything. I just honestly feel that she couldn't get to the status of U2 or something. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm trying to make you pissed off or something, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I used to be somewhat of an Avril fan - I had a couple of her albums, and they're pretty good. But I don't think she has the potential for huge super-stardom. She's pretty big already, yes?

I didn't take any offense from you. The arguments you offered were quite sensible.

I'm just disconcerted about how other CP fans here are just throwing around snide, unintelligent remarks instead of partaking in a civilized discourse.

The intention of this thread was supposed to be geared toward a collection of decent conversations based on the hypotheticals that I had proposed. Instead, I get a bunch of rudeness and disrespect.

What? You didn't look at the gender symbol below my username?:laugh3:

And can't a male like U2, Coldplay, Avril Lavigne, and Taylor Swift at the same time? What's wrong with that? It's a free world, right?

Yeah people are free to be a bit weird.

Liking them is one thing but you totally appear to be one of those 12 year old fangirls with the Avril avatar and sig, and finding out otherwise is indeed very strange.

Like what you want, it's still strange.

Listen, everyone. All I wanted here was a healthy, respectful discussion based on the hypothetical points that I had put forth.

I do not consider unintelligent, disparaging shit like "This thread is unsettling" or "LOL at this thread" to be opinions.

Didn't you guys read the blurb at the end of my original post?

Oh yea- I hope not to hear sarcastic nonsense like “Lord help us” or “That’s like hell in a hand basket”. I’m just asking for an open-minded and well-thought-out discussion among adults here. That’s all.

Seriously- Is that too much to ask?

Off topic, and not to kiss Senyor Reilly's behind, but I always feel that when he gives his opinion or critique, people think that he's trolling or something.

He, well IMO, tells it in a respectfull way, with the inention to give his opinion, not to piss off people.

And what you asked about sarcastic comments, he didn't do that at all.

But oh well.

Listen, everyone. All I wanted here was a healthy, respectful discussion based on the hypothetical points that I had put forth.

I do not consider unintelligent, disparaging shit like "This thread is unsettling" or "LOL at this thread" to be opinions.

Didn't you guys read the blurb at the end of my original post?

Seriously- Is that too much to ask?

Would you stop feeling so sorry for yourself? You don't just tell a bunch of people you don't know to do something and expect them to do it, what kind of world do you live in?

This topic is pretty stupid and ridiculous, if you can't see that then look again at exactly what you are trying to get us to discuss, and if you can't understand why you often got sarcastic responses then you are deluded. In this music section it's quite rare that a thread gets such a sarcastic response, is that through no fault of your own? Did you actually expect a topic about Avril Lavigne, on a forum where the popular artists are Oasis, Radiohead, and Arcade Fire, to get a totally respectful response?

In my opinion you got off lucky, normally you'd get a much harsher response and for some reason this topic seems to be so far beyond the realm of reality that it's almost too easy to rip the shit out of you for making it.

Off topic, and not to kiss Senyor Reilly's behind, but I always feel that when he gives his opinion or critique, people think that he's trolling or something.

He, well IMO, tells it in a respectfull way, with the inention to give his opinion, not to piss off people.

This can be a complicated one. Correct, I don't respond to piss people off, but if I think someone's being a total **** then I will say it, it might piss them off but that's my opinion.

There's a reason why I'm making a big deal about this.

Myself and other pop music fans talk about Avril Lavigne and other female artists all the time over at U2 Interference.

http://u2.interference.com/f221/

U2 fans are often classy and respectful whenever they give their opinions on pop music. They almost never resort to sarcasm, vindictiveness, disparagement, and narrow-mindedness.

So I was wondering why can't Coldplay fans follow suit.:sad: