✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*not going to quote Graceful's post because it would look really awkward with all those quotes-within-quotes, but*

I shall certainly have to investigate a few of those, thank you. :)

Haha :D

If you have any questions or anything about any of the bands/releases, don't hesitate to ask me! :awesome:

Just thought I would drop in and see if my tape is reviewed and its not. I'm fine with that and I'm now going away for two weeks over christmas and will be back at the start of the new year. I would appreciate it if you could review it by then. Thanks. If they do review it, could Ivet please, post the tracklisting and link. Thanks.

One week left.

I'M SO SORRY FOR TAKING THIS LONG TO WRITE MY REVIEW ;____;

Seriously, I feel really bad. I've been incredibly busy with life lately so I didn't get to write the review as soon as I'd wanted. Anyway, better later than never, so here we go:

Track 1 & 2: These two tracks are one song, but the song is split in two. It's a really cool effect because track one has a spoken intro (to the song). The song itself isn't really something I would normally listen to. It's rockish, I guess you could even call it emo. The style reminds me of Panic! At The Disco, but I'm not familiar with this band. The lyrics (na na na na na na) are quite catchy.

Track 3: This is very different. The track starts off with strange electronic sounds and just when I was beginning to think that the track was instrumental, the vocals start. The vocals are err.. also kinda strange, high and screechy. This track has definitely sparked my interest, it's something I'd like to hear more from.

Track 4: Ah, this song sound vaguely familiar. Might've been on the radio or on an ad or somthing. This song has a bit of a soulish vibe. I think it's a rather recent song and also some thing that would be in the top 40. It's a decent song, but I'm a bit indifferent towards it.

Track 5 (interlude): The first of the interlude tracks. A violin track that's only about a minute. Makes me wanna hear more of this artist.

Track 6: HURTSSSSSS! This is Wonderful Life. I like Hurts and I like this song, especially at a high volume.

Track 7: Oh, this voice. I know it. AFSDDFAGFFGSDFAKKLJF. I'm pretty sure this is either Travis or Fran Healy. As Fran released a solo album this year, I'll go for the latter. So even though it's not a Travis song, it might as well be. The style of the song is basically identical to Travis, but the lyrics are a bit more.. awesome. Buttercups.

Track 8: I KNOW THIS. Can't remember what it is though. Kinda sounds like one of those British indie rock bands with a few decent songs (and a lot of mediocre ones). IDK. I like the sound of this song, but the lyrics are a bit too cheesy for my taste (something about a shooting star and somebody being too good to lose - I'm way too cynical for stuff like that). The guitar part in the middle of the song is a nice touch though.

Track 9 (interlude 2): A piano track combined with electronic elements. I like it and I wouldn't mind hearing more from this artist. The track is way too short, by the way.

Track 10: Sounds familiar. Really, really, really familiar. Ok, description. Guys (probably beardy) singing in harmony to minimal musical accompaniment. (Ooh, nice, guitar and ohohohoh's!) It's a very December kind of song. A song you'd want to hear when it's snowing or when it's Christmas. (Surprising piano part near the end, by the way) Guess: Fleet Foxes? I haven't listened too much to them (even though I've been meaning to since, well.. 2008) but this is how they sound. I think.

Track 11: This track sounds quite folky. The lyrics are kind of repertitive (who'd have thought something as simple as rock and roll would save us all, or something along those lines) but the song has a decent sound to it.

Track 12 (interlude 3): Ah, another interlude. This one starts very mysteriously with slow drums but quickly changes to something electronic. Like the other interludes it's instrumental, but it's a bit longer than the other two. Again, it's too short though and again, I'm intrigued.

Track 13: Hmm.. this song seems to be about America? Actually, that's just an assumption because the singer is singing about American slang. The lyrics are interesting, because they seem to be really cryptic. Well, that's the impression I got after listening the song a couple of times. The song itself.. seems to be a combination of pop and rock/punk. It's decent, but not really something I would regularly listen to.

Track 14: At first I thought the singer was singing “Cool Cat, Cool Cat” but that must be wrong because it doesn't make sense. At all. I like the guitaryness of this song, but the way the lyrics are sung annoys me. It's too fractured or something, but maybe it's just something I have to get used to. Really love the line “I don't wanna catch you with some other guy's face under your eyelids” though.

Track 15: This track is catchy, especially the beginning. Dudududududududududuuuuu! It has a very typical British indie/rock, except that it might be a bit more electronic oriented than the average indie/rock band. Needless to say, I like it and I probablt should check out this band.

Track 16 (interlude 4): Aw, the last interlude. I was really enjoying these, so I'll just say again what I've been saying about the other interludes: intrigued, too short, need to hear more.

Track 17: Hello power pop song! I like the sound of the guitar but the song itself is a bit repertive and cheesy (“it's the way we feel, this is real”). The style of the song reminds me of One Republic or something. Catchy, but not really my kind of song.

Track 18: This song is a bit slower but I feel like it's a bit similar to the previous song. Not the style but the content of the lyrics I guess. In other words, it's a bit too cheesy for me, but I do like the sound of the song.

Track 19: Yay, a track with a bit more electronic elements. This is a great song to play at a really high volume. It's very, very catchy and makes me want to sing/dance along. Is this artist the same as track 2? Especially the middle part sounds really similar. I prefer the first half of the song to the second half.

Track 20: I think this song might me one of my favourites from the tape. It's a quiet, beautiful piano-y guitar-y song and I don't really know what to say about it except that I'm really excited to find out who it is.

Track 21 (outro): Hey, it's the same guy from track 1, right? Aaaand.. the US national anthem. Right, interesting combination. It sure works as an outro. Pam pa-pam pam pam paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam pam pa-pam pam pam paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam pa-pa-pam pam pam pam pa-pa-pam-pam!

Track 22 (hidden track): This is a great last song. It's folky, mellow and dreamy and the guitar and trumpet are great. I'm a sucker for this type of songs and I need to hear more from this artist asap.

Overall I really liked this mixtape because it introduced me to new artists and styles. I didn't like every song, but then again, there wasn't a single song that I hated. I loved the interludes because they sort of separated the “normal” songs. I think I might even like those songs the best. Maybe because they are so short, but also because really love instrumental music. I'll definitely give this mixtape another few listens. Thanks for making the mixtape and again, sorry for being so extremely slow.

I'M SO SORRY FOR TAKING THIS LONG TO WRITE MY REVIEW ;____;

Seriously, I feel really bad. I've been incredibly busy with life lately so I didn't get to write the review as soon as I'd wanted. Anyway, better later than never, so here we go:

Track 1 & 2: These two tracks are one song, but the song is split in two. It's a really cool effect because track one has a spoken intro (to the song). The song itself isn't really something I would normally listen to. It's rockish, I guess you could even call it emo. The style reminds me of Panic! At The Disco, but I'm not familiar with this band. The lyrics (na na na na na na) are quite catchy.

Track 3: This is very different. The track starts off with strange electronic sounds and just when I was beginning to think that the track was instrumental, the vocals start. The vocals are err.. also kinda strange, high and screechy. This track has definitely sparked my interest, it's something I'd like to hear more from.

Track 4: Ah, this song sound vaguely familiar. Might've been on the radio or on an ad or somthing. This song has a bit of a soulish vibe. I think it's a rather recent song and also some thing that would be in the top 40. It's a decent song, but I'm a bit indifferent towards it.

Track 5 (interlude): The first of the interlude tracks. A violin track that's only about a minute. Makes me wanna hear more of this artist.

Track 6: HURTSSSSSS! This is Wonderful Life. I like Hurts and I like this song, especially at a high volume.

Track 7: Oh, this voice. I know it. AFSDDFAGFFGSDFAKKLJF. I'm pretty sure this is either Travis or Fran Healy. As Fran released a solo album this year, I'll go for the latter. So even though it's not a Travis song, it might as well be. The style of the song is basically identical to Travis, but the lyrics are a bit more.. awesome. Buttercups.

Track 8: I KNOW THIS. Can't remember what it is though. Kinda sounds like one of those British indie rock bands with a few decent songs (and a lot of mediocre ones). IDK. I like the sound of this song, but the lyrics are a bit too cheesy for my taste (something about a shooting star and somebody being too good to lose - I'm way too cynical for stuff like that). The guitar part in the middle of the song is a nice touch though.

Track 9 (interlude 2): A piano track combined with electronic elements. I like it and I wouldn't mind hearing more from this artist. The track is way too short, by the way.

Track 10: Sounds familiar. Really, really, really familiar. Ok, description. Guys (probably beardy) singing in harmony to minimal musical accompaniment. (Ooh, nice, guitar and ohohohoh's!) It's a very December kind of song. A song you'd want to hear when it's snowing or when it's Christmas. (Surprising piano part near the end, by the way) Guess: Fleet Foxes? I haven't listened too much to them (even though I've been meaning to since, well.. 2008) but this is how they sound. I think.

Track 11: This track sounds quite folky. The lyrics are kind of repertitive (who'd have thought something as simple as rock and roll would save us all, or something along those lines) but the song has a decent sound to it.

Track 12 (interlude 3): Ah, another interlude. This one starts very mysteriously with slow drums but quickly changes to something electronic. Like the other interludes it's instrumental, but it's a bit longer than the other two. Again, it's too short though and again, I'm intrigued.

Track 13: Hmm.. this song seems to be about America? Actually, that's just an assumption because the singer is singing about American slang. The lyrics are interesting, because they seem to be really cryptic. Well, that's the impression I got after listening the song a couple of times. The song itself.. seems to be a combination of pop and rock/punk. It's decent, but not really something I would regularly listen to.

Track 14: At first I thought the singer was singing “Cool Cat, Cool Cat” but that must be wrong because it doesn't make sense. At all. I like the guitaryness of this song, but the way the lyrics are sung annoys me. It's too fractured or something, but maybe it's just something I have to get used to. Really love the line “I don't wanna catch you with some other guy's face under your eyelids” though.

Track 15: This track is catchy, especially the beginning. Dudududududududududuuuuu! It has a very typical British indie/rock, except that it might be a bit more electronic oriented than the average indie/rock band. Needless to say, I like it and I probablt should check out this band.

Track 16 (interlude 4): Aw, the last interlude. I was really enjoying these, so I'll just say again what I've been saying about the other interludes: intrigued, too short, need to hear more.

Track 17: Hello power pop song! I like the sound of the guitar but the song itself is a bit repertive and cheesy (“it's the way we feel, this is real”). The style of the song reminds me of One Republic or something. Catchy, but not really my kind of song.

Track 18: This song is a bit slower but I feel like it's a bit similar to the previous song. Not the style but the content of the lyrics I guess. In other words, it's a bit too cheesy for me, but I do like the sound of the song.

Track 19: Yay, a track with a bit more electronic elements. This is a great song to play at a really high volume. It's very, very catchy and makes me want to sing/dance along. Is this artist the same as track 2? Especially the middle part sounds really similar. I prefer the first half of the song to the second half.

Track 20: I think this song might me one of my favourites from the tape. It's a quiet, beautiful piano-y guitar-y song and I don't really know what to say about it except that I'm really excited to find out who it is.

Track 21 (outro): Hey, it's the same guy from track 1, right? Aaaand.. the US national anthem. Right, interesting combination. It sure works as an outro. Pam pa-pam pam pam paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam pam pa-pam pam pam paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam pa-pa-pam pam pam pam pa-pa-pam-pam!

Track 22 (hidden track): This is a great last song. It's folky, mellow and dreamy and the guitar and trumpet are great. I'm a sucker for this type of songs and I need to hear more from this artist asap.

Overall I really liked this mixtape because it introduced me to new artists and styles. I didn't like every song, but then again, there wasn't a single song that I hated. I loved the interludes because they sort of separated the “normal” songs. I think I might even like those songs the best. Maybe because they are so short, but also because really love instrumental music. I'll definitely give this mixtape another few listens. Thanks for making the mixtape and again, sorry for being so extremely slow.

I was you mixtape maker!!!!! Don't worry about the lateness :P I understand :)

1) Look Alive, Sunshine- MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. This is from an album I am loving at the moment...And you hear more in this mixtape. I just liked the idea of spoken elements and then going into the really cool, really catchy...

2) Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)- MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. Yes that is the name of the song, and does join in with the previous track on their album. It is sort of emo-y, but this new album is seriously amazing, with lots of electronic sounds.

3) Sleepyhead- PASSION PIT. Isn't a weird song? But I love it, just the sounds and everything are so cool...it's such an interesting song.

4) Prayin'- PLAN B. Yes, he's been in the charts in Britain and he is doing very well. I'm not normally into this sort of music, but his new album is awesome. Very soul-y, would you believe that the album he released before this was a full-on grime-rap album, he's totally changed his image and I love it.

5) Conquered, Part 1- CHERRY GHOST. An 'interlude' This band is amazing, but not very famous at all. This song is from their new album, and it's really cool. I was lucky enough to see them live in October and they are just very, very talented. Seriously, check them out.

6) Wonderful Life- HURTS. It's brilliant...I love this song, but you knew it already! :D

7) Buttercups- FRAN HEALY. Yeah you guessed it right, it's Fran Healy. I haven't heard the rest of his album, just this single which I think is lovely.

8) Shooting Star- AIR TRAFFIC. This band is extremely, extremely talented. Yes it is quite cheesy, but his voice is brilliant. They only released one album, and have just split up. I am gutted. But seriously you should check out their first album, especially the songs 'Empty Space' and 'No More Running Away'.

9) Fugue- FOALS. The second 'interlude'. You should check out their latest album 'Total Life Forever', it is brilliant. Their first album was nothing like their second, their first was, arguably, quite immature...where as their second sees them grow in maturity so much. I saw these live in their early days...I thought they were alright, but I really want to see them again to hear their new stuff. Listen to 'Spanish Sahara'.

10) White Winter Hymnal- FLEET FOXES. Yep, it's Fleet Foxes, I wasn't keen on them at first but they grew on me...

11) I Still Believe- FRANK TURNER. I was pondering whether I should put this in my mixtape or not...I obviously did. I really do like this song.

12) House Lights- KEANE. One of my favourite bands, I'm sure you've heard of them, and this is the opener to their latest EP 'Night Train'. It's so cool and haunting. I really do love Keane.

13) American Slang- THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM. This is from their second album, I wasn't too keen on their first, but this new one is really cool, and I just like the feel of this song.

14) Coquet Coquette- OF MONTREAL. Not 'Cool Cat, Cool Cat' hahaa! THis song is very unusual, I heard it on the radio and just thought I had to download it.

15) In The Hospital- FRIENDLY FIRES. Veeeeeeeeery catchy, it's such a cool song. And you should really check them out.

16) Conquered, Part 2- CHERRY GHOST. Part 2 to the previous Part 1, it's cool.

17) Science & Faith- THE SCRIPT. Not everyone likes them, but I think their new album is very good, and this is a highlight.

18) People Help The People- CHERRY GHOST. Cherry Ghost again! I do think you would like them though, I really recommend that you check out the song 'Roses' by them :)

19) Planetary (GO!)- MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. It's MCR again and this has to be one of the coolest and catchiest songs ever made, you can't help but turn it up and go crazy to it, can you? Hahaha.

20) Glow- BEN'S BROTHER. Seriously, I really want you to do something for me. DOWNLOAD SOME BEN'S BROTHER. They have got to be one of my favourites band's but no one knows who they are, it is quite upsetting, they are so talented. Their first album 'Beta Male Fairytales' is one of my favourite albums of all time, and it's a lot like this, they are extremely talented. Please download their first album, I can get a link for you if you want, and spread the word!

21) Goodnite, Dr. Death- MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. MCR again! Hahahahaha! A nice little outro.

22) Once More With Feeling- GET CAPE. WEAR CAPE. FLY. Most of his music is like this, just nice acoustic songs. You should really check him out, it is only one guy who does it. I have been put off him though a bit after being disappointed after seeing him live.

Thanks for listening, I enjoyed listening to this mixtape, and I am glad you enjoyed it for the most part.

So here’s my sincerely procrastinated review. Not going to blame it on the holidays, exams or being busy, (which I just did) I have been lazy.

First of all, I really liked the packaging: Artwork made in paint or something similar, Artist: Your Mixtape Creator, Album: Coldplaying’s 7th Mixtape…you get the idea. A nice first impression.

Overall the tape had a very light feel and flow, stuff that I could imagine being Phoenix, Mew, Vampire Weekend and so on.

So…

Track 1 (dfsdffsfdsf): Atmospheric opening with winds and strings and some blow instrument, playing a theme before it gets preceded be an electric guitar. Then drums and bass kick in. The bass makes me think High And Dry. Nice drumming towards the “solo”. Instrumental track, by the way. I wouldn’t doubt that this is, in fact, Mew.

Track 2 (fgjkdfgshdfdsfsf): Pure pop. Verses are reminiscent of Fleet Foxes’ Your Protector, and the chorus just screams Mew. Incidentally, the release year is 2010 so it just struck me: Apparatjik! Cause it does have a little A-ha ishness to it as well….or maybe it is Mew. That has to be Jonas Bjerre.

Track 3 (efsafsaegarga): Starts in a rather laid back, chill kind of way and gets all the way to stadium rock. Not really my thing, don’t like his voice either. Could that be Brandon Flowers?

Track 4 (dfsdzgsdgfhgdfh): Hey, this is fun! Weird percussion, upbeat, sounds very American. Chorus has that synth sound MGMT used on Oracular, or at least reminds of it. Sort of whiney (the synth). Not my kind of music, but good enough. Finishes at 3 minutes too, which is perfect.

Track 5 (rgdrgdgreth): The oldest song on the mixtape, recorded 315 AD :P The guy’s voice is so annoying :bomb: It literally sounds like he’s whining but you can still hear the awful lyrics. “Gonna take you for a ride on a picture frame” should have been sung only once.

Track 6 (fgsgfsgerg): I like the voice, it sounds familiar :thinking: Nice song, good lead guitar.

Track 7 (dfsgrgergeg): Harpsi-chord arpeggio intro. The backing vocals make me think of The Beatles’ Yesterday And Today. Strings and banjo, odd couple that actually work nice together. Sounds a little Keane-ish.

Track 8 (erqwefqefqefwef): Bought this EP early this year. Lovely song. Bon Iver – Blood Bank.

Track 9 (grgrgsrgsgsgs): Lovely tune. The singer has almost the same voice characteristics as Peter Gabriel, but I know it’s not so…Phil Collins or Erick Clapton? Lovely acoustic guitar/piano combo. I like this.

Track 10 (fwfwegwefwefwefw): Wondered how long it would take before these guys showed up :P Just opened High Violet the other week…The National – Conversation 16. Great song, one of the year’s best. This tune in particular reminds of Bo Kasper’s Orchestra.

Track 11 (ewfwerfgqwrgq34): I probably know the band when I hear it. ‘tis a good song.

Track 12 (erwerwfwqef): Has its moment. Not a big fan of this kind of music.

Track 13 (dfaergargag): Sounds like a guy trying to sing whilst shaving. What the hell? The part before the chorus is the best, when he sings “You fit me/perfectly”. A lot of distortion.

Track 14 (erawrq23f): Distorted bass. The recording of the girl’s voice sounds a little rough :\ I don’t know if that’s on purpsose. Judging by the lyrics, she’s not a native speaker. Catchy chorus.

The Final Track (dfgdsgsgrsgrsegeg): Downloaded this earlier this year, but never listened to it much. Tried listening to Thirteen Senses before, but I just don’t like them. This is probably the one I like best along with one called No Ghost or something.

Overall the tape has great flow and even though it has some tracks that aren’t quite my taste, the flow makes up for it, it’s like listening to an album. So kudos for that. My favorite tracks were 2, 6, 7, 8 , 9 and 10, and my least favorite 5.

Now for a jab at who my partner is...

Rudy_o :mellow: convenient add on Facebook around the time of the exchange, plus likes Thirteen Senses

Rudy_o :mellow: convenient add on Facebook around the time of the exchange, plus likes Thirteen Senses

omg William :mellow:

That's not my mixtape. :P

Lol, you stalked me and got to know I like Thirteen Senses :whip:

:lol:

omg William :mellow:

That's not my mixtape. :P

Lol, you stalked me and got to know I like Thirteen Senses :whip:

:lol:

Oh :blank: I had a feeling it was wrong. I was looking at that View Friendship thingy, and went "Wth, I don't like Thirteen Senses?!?" and recognised the song.

I could've sworn :confused:

Hey there :) I'm your mixtape partner :D And not Ruby :angry:

So here’s my sincerely procrastinated review. Not going to blame it on the holidays, exams or being busy, (which I just did) I have been lazy.

First of all, I really liked the packaging: Artwork made in paint or something similar, Artist: Your Mixtape Creator, Album: Coldplaying’s 7th Mixtape…you get the idea. A nice first impression.

Overall the tape had a very light feel and flow, stuff that I could imagine being Phoenix, Mew, Vampire Weekend and so on.

So…

Funny you say that cause I am not into Phoenix and Vampire Weekend at all :lol: I don't dislike them but I almost never listen to them :lol:

Track 1 (dfsdffsfdsf): Atmospheric opening with winds and strings and some blow instrument, playing a theme before it gets preceded be an electric guitar. Then drums and bass kick in. The bass makes me think High And Dry. Nice drumming towards the “solo”. Instrumental track, by the way. I wouldn’t doubt that this is, in fact, Mew.

Hahaa nope, not Mew, they don't make a lot of instrumentals. The song is in fact All Is Violent, All Is Bright by God Is An Astronaut.

Track 2 (fgjkdfgshdfdsfsf): Pure pop. Verses are reminiscent of Fleet Foxes’ Your Protector, and the chorus just screams Mew. Incidentally, the release year is 2010 so it just struck me: Apparatjik! Cause it does have a little A-ha ishness to it as well….or maybe it is Mew. That has to be Jonas Bjerre.

Sentimentally Falling by The Rumour Said Fire. First single of their first album. It's not Mew but it's Danish :D It sounds pop, but this song is actually different form the rest of their stuff. If I knew I'd be making your mixtape, I wouldn't have put that one :/

Track 3 (efsafsaegarga): Starts in a rather laid back, chill kind of way and gets all the way to stadium rock. Not really my thing, don’t like his voice either. Could that be Brandon Flowers?

World Sick by Broken Social Scene. Kinda disappointed you don't like that one but ah well, can't please everyone :\

Track 4 (dfsdzgsdgfhgdfh): Hey, this is fun! Weird percussion, upbeat, sounds very American. Chorus has that synth sound MGMT used on Oracular, or at least reminds of it. Sort of whiney (the synth). Not my kind of music, but good enough. Finishes at 3 minutes too, which is perfect.

Hehe, this one is very light. I like to listen to it when I wanna feel happy, weightless. The band is called I Am Arrows and the song is Nun.

Track 5 (rgdrgdgreth): The oldest song on the mixtape, recorded 315 AD :P The guy’s voice is so annoying :bomb: It literally sounds like he’s whining but you can still hear the awful lyrics. “Gonna take you for a ride on a picture frame” should have been sung only once.

Lyrics actually are 'Gonna take you for a ride on a big jet plane' :/ I'm sorry you dislike it, it's a classic for me and my gf. Big Jet Plane by Angus & Julia Stone.

Track 6 (fgsgfsgerg): I like the voice, it sounds familiar :thinking: Nice song, good lead guitar.

New York by Eskimo Joe! Forever a favorite of mine. I like the whole Black Fingernails, Red Wine. Classic of mine.

Track 7 (dfsgrgergeg): Harpsi-chord arpeggio intro. The backing vocals make me think of The Beatles’ Yesterday And Today. Strings and banjo, odd couple that actually work nice together. Sounds a little Keane-ish.

Loosen Your Hold by South. I couldn't get into the whole band but discovered that song over the summer. Instant summer love.

Track 8 (erqwefqefqefwef): Bought this EP early this year. Lovely song. Bon Iver – Blood Bank.

:wacky:

Track 9 (grgrgsrgsgsgs): Lovely tune. The singer has almost the same voice characteristics as Peter Gabriel, but I know it’s not so…Phil Collins or Erick Clapton? Lovely acoustic guitar/piano combo. I like this.

Nope! It's actually The Swell Season. It's Glen Hansard from The Frames with his ex lover Marketa Irglova. The whole album is stunning. That song is called Back Broke.

Track 10 (fwfwegwefwefwefw): Wondered how long it would take before these guys showed up :P Just opened High Violet the other week…The National – Conversation 16. Great song, one of the year’s best. This tune in particular reminds of Bo Kasper’s Orchestra.

My favorite by the National and possibly my favorite of the year. :wacky:

Track 11 (ewfwerfgqwrgq34): I probably know the band when I hear it. ‘tis a good song.

It's the same band as Track 2! The Rumour Said Fire - The Balcony. I knew you'd like that one better.

Track 12 (erwerwfwqef): Has its moment. Not a big fan of this kind of music.

Psssssssshhhhhht :angry: :P Red Heart by Hey Rosetta!. You don't seem to be a big fan of canadian music, my dear :P

Track 13 (dfaergargag): Sounds like a guy trying to sing whilst shaving. What the hell? The part before the chorus is the best, when he sings “You fit me/perfectly”. A lot of distortion.

Hahaha nice image. I've known that song for years and came across it while making the mixtape and thought 'why not?'. The song is You And Me by the band Vega 4.

Track 14 (erawrq23f): Distorted bass. The recording of the girl’s voice sounds a little rough :\ I don’t know if that’s on purpsose. Judging by the lyrics, she’s not a native speaker. Catchy chorus.

I do think it's on purpose because the quality of the recording of her voice changes throughout the song. Light pop song that's always made me smile: Your To Keep by Teddybears STHML.

The Final Track (dfgdsgsgrsgrsegeg): Downloaded this earlier this year, but never listened to it much. Tried listening to Thirteen Senses before, but I just don’t like them. This is probably the one I like best along with one called No Ghost or something.

Hmm 'No Ghost' doesn't ring a bell but ah well. Into The fire by Thirteen Senses. Probably my favorite song of all time even though it keeps changing.

Overall the tape has great flow and even though it has some tracks that aren’t quite my taste, the flow makes up for it, it’s like listening to an album. So kudos for that. My favorite tracks were 2, 6, 7, 8 , 9 and 10, and my least favorite 5.

I'm happy the flow worked! I didn't put as much efforts in it as in the pervious mixtape but I always try to pay attention to it!

Sorry man, I'm that canadian girl and not the awesome kickass guy that is Rudy :lol:

+ I love Thirteen Senses more than him :snobby:

Tracklisting:

1. All Is Violent, All Is Bright - God Is An Astronaut

2. Sentimentally Falling - The Rumour Said Fire

3. World Sick - Broken Social Scene

4. Nun - I Am Arrows

5. Big Jet Plane - Angus & Julia Stone

6. New York - Eskimo Joe

7. Loosen Your Hold - South

8. Blood Bank - Bon Iver

9. Back Broke - The Swell Season

10. Conversation 16 - The National

11. The Balcony - The Rumour Said Fire

12. Red Heart - Hey Rosetta!

13. You And Me - Vega 4

14. Yours To Keep - Teddybears STHLM

15. Into The Fire - Thirteen Senses

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?6jiz3si93sx76o7

Thank you for the nice review :) Even though you weren't my original partner, I'm glad you got it.

Hey there I'm your mixtape partner And not Ruby

:disappointed: You were my second guess.

Funny you say that cause I am not into Phoenix and Vampire Weekend at all I don't dislike them but I almost never listen to them

Oh :blank: How come everytime I make some kind of comparison this happens?

Sentimentally Falling by The Rumour Said Fire. First single of their first album. It's not Mew but it's Danish It sounds pop, but this song is actually different form the rest of their stuff. If I knew I'd be making your mixtape, I wouldn't have put that one :/

Well, it was my favorite song on the mix....Damn, I was sure that was Jonas! :laugh3: but he was Danish!

World Sick by Broken Social Scene. Kinda disappointed you don't like that one but ah well, can't please everyone

That was Broken Social Scene? That's not at all how I remember them sounding :thinking: I only heard them once at a record store and remembered liking a song or two. I've been meaning to look more into them.

Hehe, this one is very light. I like to listen to it when I wanna feel happy, weightless. The band is called I Am Arrows and the song is Nun.

So that's I Am Arrows?

Lyrics actually are 'Gonna take you for a ride on a big jet plane' :/ I'm sorry you dislike it, it's a classic for me and my gf. Big Jet Plane by Angus & Julia Stone.

We were debating that, my lyrics are better :P

New York by Eskimo Joe! Forever a favorite of mine. I like the whole Black Fingernails, Red Wine. Classic of mine.

No wonder, Carla put him (them?) on my mixtape in the 5th Exchange.

Nope! It's actually The Swell Season. It's Glen Hansard from The Frames with his ex lover Marketa Irglova. The whole album is stunning. That song is called Back Broke.

And them too!

Psssssssshhhhhht Red Heart by Hey Rosetta!. You don't seem to be a big fan of canadian music, my dear

That is not true, I love Lightning Dust, Black Mountain, The Besnard Lakes and Arcade Fire!

I do think it's on purpose because the quality of the recording of her voice changes throughout the song. Light pop song that's always made me smile: Your To Keep by Teddybears STHML.

Oh, they're Swedish?

Hmm 'No Ghost' doesn't ring a bell but ah well. Into The fire by Thirteen Senses. Probably my favorite song of all time even though it keeps changing.

Called "Gone" apparently :thinking:

I'm happy the flow worked! I didn't put as much efforts in it as in the pervious mixtape but I always try to pay attention to it!

I'm very satisfied :nice: I quite liked it. And will definatly check out The Rumor Said Fire, The Swell Season (finally), South, Eskimo Joe and Broken Social Scene.

Sorry man, I'm that canadian girl and not the awesome kickass guy that is Rudy

Oh, hey Canadian Girl :awesome: Do you have a name?

Incidentally? What was the stash of album art in the rar.? Cause I clicked one and saw it was Mew so naturally expected there to be Mew on there :thinking: Now I went through all of them and found I Am Kloot, Feist and a few more in addition to ones on the mix.