✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

Yay :nice: Glad to know you enjoyed it :D

Actually, it's weird because I had made sure that ALL the information are completely erased, and as I see my mixtape right here, there's no info written at all. :confused: Maybe there might be any incompatibility problems or stuffs, but anyway sorry for that. :sad:

Review of Rudy's mixtape:

My rate: 9/10 i really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

17 tracks = 1h 5 min

sorry to be harsh. 3 tracks have the info in them, so i don't know in which order those 3 should go, anyways:

track01 .- (4:11) quiet guitar into and strings, nice male voice. good female voice added.

Fiery Crash - Andrew Bird

track02 .- (4:21) back melody and intro sounds like a videogame anthem or something. male voice.

Kites - Geographer. A very underrated American band, but they're so good.

track03 .- (4:30) that back sounds sounds a bit dizzy to me :\ more male vocals. :wacko: good music adding, some kind of 'piano' sound. there's an speech in the back in some part? Now it turns catchy.

Summertime Clothes - Animal Collective. Haha :lol: But well Animal Collective songs are indeed a lil bit dizzy, I felt that way too when I first discovered them.

track04 .- (2:45) good piano intro. another male vocal. pretty catchy since the begin and powerful sound. hum, dunno if you do them, could be the script? thought doesn't sound as pop like.

Modern Mafia - Athlete

track06 .- (2:59) Fanfarlo! Ought to be them, is Mr Simon Balthazar voice for sure, and their melody is alike with Mr Leon Beckenham trumpet, too bad i don't happen to identify the song now!

Fire Escape - Fanfarlo. I know you liked them :awesome:

track07 .- (6:08) Drum and Guitar intro, cool one. Seems a quiet piece. another male vocalist. sounds pretty familiar voice, like from some 80's vocalist. Nice lyrics and good dreamy magical melody in some parts with kind of xylophones and stuff. Melody is not like, but for the voice it made me think of the band Kyte.

You Are Mine - Mute Math

track08 .- (4:04) rhythmical noise that is stopped by female voice in choir and a male singing with marching or clapping sound. It have the rhythm of a train marching on rail. Now some planeish sound. So Mysterious :o For whatever reason it remind me of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Comfy In Nautica - Panda Bear. Just so you know, this is the guy who sings Track #3 :p

track09 .- (3:58) another kind of videogame melody, then engine. male voice with good melody now and back choir. childs playing with note prolongued. again male and main melody. pretty catchy aswell.

Walkabout - Atlas Sound feat Noah Lennox. Just so you know, again, Noah Lennox is the guy who sings Track #3 and Track #8 :lol:

track10 .- (2:42) male vocal, drum, violin and metal. now more instruments join, nice lyrics.

does he say 'Ostende'? "is hard to stay cool?".

Can You Tell - Ra Ra Riot. No Ostende there :P It was "Oh standing..." :)

track11 .- (4:00) kinda rocky guitar intro. melody sounds familiar.

Floating Vibes - Surfer Blood

track12 .- (3:16) trumpets! male and female voice. quiet but festive.

Henney Buggy - Sufjan Stevens

track13 .- (2:09) folky tune, guitar, i'd almost say is as steel guitar and violins. Feels south North American.

Pine, Pine, Pine - Joel Plaskett. He is Canadian.

track14 .- (3:31) One, two, one, two, 3, 4. :P Nananana. Male voice, another nice acoustic guitar intro, oh now is more rocky. papaparara

Coast of Carolina - Telekinesis :lol:

track 16 .- (5:17) wavy intro, more violins and male voices.

Excuses - The Morning Benders. Another underrated band.

I guess the other already titled 3 tracks are number #5, #15 and #17.

Eazy Speaks - Apostle of Hustle i've been trying to listen them since a while.

Generator 2nd Floor - Freelance Whales same as for AoH.

Sea change - Turin Brakes, i already knew them, and the album.

i had the impresion that i was going to find an indie and colourful mixtape and indeed it was :thumbsup: is my :shame: i don't identify them well since i went dark and old the last year so i missed that colourful new wave a bit. Surprise to me is i didn't knew you like much male vocals and violins, and may i was wrong but i expected some Mr. Zack there.

i'm looking forward to get the tracklist. Sure that one and my other asigned mixtape review that i did before will give me a good lot of bands to check properly the next months. For that, thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Sorry if my review is not so good i'll try to improve my vocabulary for next Mixtape Exchange edition.

Cheers!

Yeah it's mainly indie. :wacko: True enough violins, videogame-ish, catchy stuffs, and male voices are indeed my cup of tea. It's a great critics, Ari. Thanks for spending some time for the review. :hug:

Mixtape is up for download here.

Complete tracklisting:

tracklistingz.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall put my comments in italics

*You changed your username again, Dave? :| I bet it's the 78th time you did it, isn't it? :p

Something like that :P

So this is Mixed Up by Mixed By Tall Paul. Interesting :wacko:

I wrote a brief review for every track and evaluated them on a 10-points scale.

Track 1

“Oh rolling river...” I can’t get this phrase out of my head until the end of the playlist! Pretty much a good song for an opening track. One of my favorites off the mixtape. (9/10)

Cherry Ghost - A Month Of Mornings, from Beneath This Burning Shoreline

Track 2

The track sounds country, such an easy-listening. Is this somewhat a romance or wedding song? If it is, it's a nice one because it sounds so sweet. (8/10)

The Avett Brothers - January Wedding

Track 3

A slower ballad at the beginning and it gets rockier after 2 minutes. After this track, I've already figured that the theme of this mixtape is months of a year as I heard February. :p (7/10)

Foo Fighters - February Stars, damn and you have spotted my theme

Track 4

Whoa Coldplay. Didn't expect this to come, but hey Prospekt's March is one of my favorite tracks off the EP! Okay, here's March, I think my hypothesis about the theme is correct! :wacko: (8/10)

Had to put a bit of Coldplay in

Track 5

April. I like retro feel in this track, sounds a bit like The Stone Roses or Simon & Garfunkel. It's rather catchy and I like it. (7/10)

The Mutton Birds - April, from Envy of Angels, good New Zealand band

Track 6

Straight to September? :surprised: I love the song both lyrically as they’re humorous and also the rhythm, classy folky rocky like Track 5. (7.5/10)

Blur's take on the Rod Steward classic Maggie May

Track 7

Female vocalist. Frankly female singers are not my cup of tea but this track ain’t bad. (5.5/10)

The Like - June Gloom

Track 8

The song opens with some sort of ambient guitar sounds, and it goes like that throughout the song. :lol: A decent instrumental track. (6.5/10)

U2 - 4th Of July

Track 9

The song begins with soft beats of cymbal drums, before fusing with a low guitar picks, followed by a light piano. An easy listening track, I like it. (7/10)

Elbow - August And September, could have been for either track 9 or 10

Track 10

Green Day. Another unexpected track from Dave! Wake Me Up When September Ends, what can I say? It reminds me of my high school years, specifically before I bumped into Coldplay. :wacky: Not a bad track after all! (7.5/10)

cilla-black.jpg

Surprise

Track 11

Sounds like Morrissey, do I get it right? I enjoyed this song quite much. But I couldn’t find any October-related thing around here :P (7/10)

JJ72 - October Swimmer, they were quite 'big' in 2000

Track 12

Okay this might be my favorite track of the mix. It begins with somewhat an ambient instrumental synth which later fades with a soft vocal along with acoustic guitar strums. (9/10)

That be the The Wilderness of Manitoba with November

Track 13

Hearty piano beats at the beginning which later flows with guitar riffs and drums with a manly vocal. A lovely tune. (7.5/10)

Counting Crows - A Long December

Track 14

I think I’ve heard this one before. Is this Bloc Party? Quite like it. (7/10)

Bloc Party - One Month Off

Track 15

Saviours Of Jazz Ballet by Mew! :awesome: (8.5/10)

I said there was a bit of jazz in my tape :P

Track 16

“And.. and.. and.. *coughs* I hope to see you again soon and I love you and thank you very much, and til we meet again!” :wtf:

*sings*

“ Goodbye, everybody, thank you! Goodnight!

OK, OK! Goodnight! I love ya! OK, OK! Boy!

Goodbye! Boy, what a bunch of shit (or sheep?)”

At first I was like :wtf: but then I think it’s quite a good way to end a mixtape with humor. And it’s pretty much a good song too. :D (7/10)

R.E.M. - One More Song For You, from the Man on the Moon sountrack

Overall review

I really enjoyed the whole mixtape. As you can see, I rated every song above 5.0 which means I like all of them. I love the theme, and the way you arranged the sequence for the transition flows. As a whole, it’s a pleasurable listen, it’s neither too heavy/rocky nor too mellow/draggy, so basically it’s an excellent mix. :awesome:

Thanks Rudy :)

It's nearly a month since the deadline, how could these people (those who did not post anything for clarification since then) be so unaware?

Consider the life-time banning for these people in the next exchanges, please.

Someone desperate to get a compliment on their sudden change of taste in music.

Don't worry, you'll get it.

My taste in music hasn't really changed since the tape you downloaded of mine last exchange. I just want a review, you know, because that's sort of half the reason I signed up. :)