✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

That was mine! :cheesy: Wow, you didn't know any of the songs, and I'm glad you liked most of them!

And here's the tracklist:

1. Lonely Owl - Gold Panda

2. Walkabout - Atlas Sound (w/ Noah Lennox)

3. Sinkership - Sin Fang Bous

4. Then I Run - Mew

5. Gone - Tokyo Police Club (not British, Canadian)

6. Not In Love - Crystal Castles ft. Robert Smith

7. 10 Mile Stereo - Beach House

8. Undertow - Warpaint

9. Wasting Time - Reading Rainbow

10. A short reprise for Mary Todd, who went insane, but for very good reasons - Sufjan Stevens

11. Helicopter - Deerhunter

12. Bowl of Oranges - Bright Eyes

13. Dusk Til Dawn - Ladyhawke (not perverted, it's about ghosts or something)

14. Lay In A Shimmer - Pantha Du Prince

15. Winters Love - Animal Collective

16. An Iris Pseudocorus - Sleep Party People

17. Pallas Athena - Kashmir

I didn't have the slightest idea of what you listen to, so that's why I put very different songs on my tape.

Power to the Scandinavians!

honestly listen to a lot of varied music, but this forum seems to be fixated on artists i just don't know:blank:

And now comes the mandatory background check on every artist.

Again good job on the mixtape and thanks:thumbsup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suits me fine :D

Life on Melancholy Hill

1. Susanne Sundfør - The Brothel | The Brothel

2. Peter Gabriel - My Body Is A Cage | Scratch My Back

3. Apparatjik - Frozen Fingers |

4. Røyksopp - The Fear | Senior *

5. Vangelis - Blush's Response | Blade Runner OST *

6. Elbow - Mercy Street | Mercy Street/Mirrorball *

7. Gayngs - The Walker | Relayted **

8. Eivør - Hounds Of Love | Larva **

9. Vangelis - Piano In An Empty Room | Blade Runner OST *

10. Joanna Newsom - In California | Have One On Me

11. Anaïs Mitchell with Justin Vernon - If It's True | Hadestown

12. Susanne Sundfør - Knight Of Noir | The Brothel

13. Massive Attack with Guy Garvey - Flat Of The Blade | Heligoland

14. Eels - What I Have To Offer | ?

15. Lunz - Wobbly Flu Twilight | ? *

16. Glasvegas - Cruel Moon | A Snowflake Fell And It Felt Like A Kiss EP

17. Elbow - A Regret | Grounds For Divorce single

18. Røyksopp - Coming Home | Senior

19. Eivør - Stay In The Light | Larva

20. Whale Documentary

* indicates edit

**contain sound from the 1957 movie "The Night Of The Demon" and have been edited.

Link:

Susanne Sundfør! :heart:

I'm sorry, Will. I've tried listening to her. I just...can't. :\

Hey, how do you pronounce "Sundfør?" I'm not familiar with such letters as the slashed o, so I have no idea. :embarrassed:

Butbut :sad: In California....

Sund-fur. Just with a rounder pronounciation. It's the same as the german O with two dots over and the Swedish one.

Hi there, I'm April. Sorry you didn't like it that much. :disappointed:

Here's the track listing...

Track 01: Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked - Cage The Elephant

Track 02: Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)- Florence and the Machine

Track 03: City of Blinding Lights - U2

Track 04: Flame Trees - Sarah Blasko

Track 05: To The Grave - The Pierces

Track 06: Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen

Track 07: Uninvited - Alanis Morissette

Track 08: You Only Live Once - The Strokes

Track 09: Girl From Mars - Ash

Track 10: Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars

Track 11: Bitter Kiss - Faultline

Track 12: Beyond All - The Cat Empire

Track 13: Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty McColl

Track 14: MLK - U2

Don't feel bad it's a good collection of songs which I enjoyed, it's just I had heard a lot :hug:

Here's my review!

Hello my friend! I had the honor to make your mixtape.

1 – Nice guitars, nice bass line! I pretty much like it at the first notes. Here comes the voice, a male one. I like it, the echo effect makes the sound kinda deeper. The song grows on me, great track to start the tape! Like the guitar riffs. The song sounds a bit melancholic, I can easily imagine myself listening to it on my way back home, walking on the snow... Great track, can’t wait to know who it is :)

Young Galaxy - Wailing Wall

It's an underground canadian indie band. Their first album is very good! Glad you liked it.

2 – Oh, funny beginning! A synth? Here come the drums, a fast rhythm. Sounds old, almost psychedelic! The voice and the flow really remind me Sting, though I’m not sure at 100% it’s him. Well, no doubt, it’s Sting! The song seems to be «Synchronicity» by the lyrics. Haven’t heard it before. Not my style, I admit the song didn’t catch me.

Right! The Police - Synchronicity I.

I confess I fastened it a bit using an audio editor, it just sounded too slow after listening to it in a live DVD. It's a pity you didn't like it.

3 – Jazzy beginning? Like the bass line and the electric guitar. An old one too! Haha sounds really old, almost «cliché» but don’t be offended, it’s fun to hear some stuff like that! Really, I feel like I’m in the 80’s, or 90’s! This song is good but the sounding is really old, especially the male voice, I don’t really know what to think about it to be honest…

Simply Red - It's Only Love

It was originally written by Barry White in 78. I really like this version!

4 – HAHA!! Nirvana!! Come As You Are! Not a huge fan of them but this one definitely rocks !! It’s good to hear Kurt Cobain, it’s been a while since I haven’t listen to him :) Really enjoying it!

Nirvana - Come As You Are

One of their best, no doubt!

5 – Hell yeah! Bittersweet Symphony :D I LOVE THIS SONG!! Been a while since I haven’t heard it! Aaaaaah, I’m gonna enjoy it and stop writing right now… See you next track :D

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Actually that's their only song I really like :D

6 – Great intro, electic guitar riff! Haha another one from the oldies box :D

Oh shit, I know this voice, really know it, but I can’t find who it is! Anyway… I guess it’s from the 80’s. I really like this guitar! The rhythm is great too, I like the drums. I enjoyed the song overall :)

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

And you got it right! It's from 85.

7 – Little guitar riff to begin, like it! A live one. Sounds like an old one too… Haha, definitely an old one! Oh shit, who is it… Sting again? I like the sax part. I don’t really like this song though, it doesn’t catch me that much.

Sting - Low Life

The other good songs from this album were very long, so... :rolleyes:

It's a pity you didn't like it though.

8 – A long one… 8 minutes and half! Begins with a synth, sounds like an old one too… Electric guitars, drums, I like it! Thumbs up for the bass line too! Reminds me Who Are You by The Who. Is it The Who? I really like this old sounding! My fav from the unknown oldies so far :) But I have to say the track is a bit long for me.

Right again! The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

I agree, it could've been a bit shorter. But it's a classic, so what the hell... :P

9 – This one starts fastly, I like the male voice, and the folk guitar too! We’re still time travelling, it’s an old one I think. I really like it! The chorus is good, with violins. Really enjoying it :)

The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Old again, this one's from 86.

10 – Starting with a great folk guitar and a pan flute I think. Sounds a bit like traditional music, don’t know how to explain my feeling better lol! I love how the rhythm changes during the chorus. The guy has a great voice! Seems like an old one too. This track is really interesting!

Jethro Tull - Mother Goose

Ian Anderson is the vocalist, he's awesome. Jethro Tull are the kings of folk rock.

11 – WOOHOOOOOOO! The Rolling Stones – Miss You :D

Love this song, what else can I say… Pure awesomeness! Just dancing on my chair right now :dance: (it’s midnight…) See you next track :D

The Rolling Stones - Miss You ;)

Classic one, just like you stated, nothing much to say...

12 – Piano, some trumpet (?)… A male voice, singing in Spanish I think cause I can understand him a bit… A romantic one I’d say. The man’s voice is OK, not amazing though, but I don’t like his way of singing. Ouch, don’t like the bridge at all, it sounds wrong… Don’t like how he hits the high notes. Too bad cause the music is really good, especially this jazzy piano which sets a really dreamy romantic mood.

Fito Paez - Parte Del Aire

He's one of the most famous argentinanian musicians.

13 – Weird beginning, a synth I think… Oh what’s this? Very fast drums, like in these old video games when you’re in a rude, rude world lol! Wow, really fast for me, I feel uncomfortable now, LOL! Fascinating how the pianist and the drummer play sooo fast! It reminds me a track of Miles Davis in his funky/rock period. Don’t like this instrumental one I admit, too fast for me, especially after midnight, haha! But the work the musicians made on this one is impressive though!

Jeff Beck - Space Boogie

Didn't expect anyone to like this one, just included it in case my partner was secretly a fusion freak :lol:

But these are one of the best musicians there are, that is undeniable!

14 – WOOT! SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY! U2! Not a great fan of them but well, this one is a classical one, awesome song! Haha I’m gonna enjoy it, it’s been too long! See you next track :D

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Another classic one... :P

15 – OOOOOOH! NO WAY! It’s «Reach out, I’ll be there»! Can’t remember who’s singing this one… I can’t help but have the french lyrics of Claude François (don’t know if he covered it or if he made the original track) in my head hahaha!! really enjoyed listening to it, I love this kind of old motown tracks, back in the 60’s or 70’s :)

Four Tops - Reach Out, I'll Be There

This is the original one. Written by songwriting team Holland-Dozier-Holland, they used to made very good songs!

16 – The last one… Like how it begins, with the drums. A pop rock one, still an old one I think, a male voice, like it. Sounds a bit melancholic, great way to end this tape, still in this old songs mood, it fits :)

I like how catchy is this song, really want to know who it is!

The Smashing Pumpkins - With Every Light

The only one you got wrong! It's from 2000.

Well, thank you mixtape maker! I enjoyed the tape overall, I had big smile while listening to it! I really enjoyed listening to some good old tracks I hadn’t heard for a while. I also enjoyed discovering some old songs I didn’t know, although I didn’t like all of them. Funny thing is I love music and I manage to discover actual stuff but I don’t really know well old music, especially the rock genre, though I really like it. So thank you, I think you opened my mind to this and I really thank you for that! I think I guessed who you are but as I’m not 100% sure I’m just gonna shut up :D

I’m really looking forward to know who all the artists are, especially for the first and last tracks ! So… reveal yourself… NOW! :whip: :D

It was an honour to be reviewed by you :kiss:

Just out of curiosity, was your guess about your mixtape maker right? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the songs you didn't like. I tried to make a mixtape everyone would like at least a few songs.

Condensed tracklist

01. Young Galaxy - Wailing Wall

02. The Police - Synchronicity I

03. Simply Red - It's Only Love [written by Barry White]

04. Nirvana - Come As You Are

05. The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

06. Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

07. Sting - Low Life

08. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

09. The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

10. Jethro Tull - Mother Goose

11. The Rolling Stones - Miss You

12. Fito Paez - Parte Del Aire

13. Jeff Beck - Space Boogie

14. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

15. Four Tops - Reach Out, I'll Be There [Motown Records, written by Holland–Dozier–Holland]

16. The Smashing Pumpkins - With Every Light

G'bye! I'm reviewing mine soon enough...

I looked at your Last FM profile and chose tracks that I didn't think you'd have heard before.

01 Angel Echoes - Four Tet

02 Apply - Glasser

03 Absentee - Emmy The Great

04 Western Hospitality - Club 8

05 Turn My Swag On - Keri Hilson

06 Rockin' That Shit - The-Dream

07 The Lisbon Maru - Fuck Buttons

08 No Excuses - Air France

09 Get On 1 - The Jacka & Laroo

10 The Rock - Delakota

11 Second Language - Disco Inferno

12 Method Of Modern Love (Richard X Join Our Clique Remix) - Saint Etienne

13 I Never Knew - Cassie

14 Feels Like Glue - Embrace

15 Autumn Hill - Jon Hopkins

I'm a guy by the way.

Four Tet and Jon Hopkins? cooool. I might have a listen to this.