✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

That was Broken Social Scene? That's not at all how I remember them sounding :thinking: I only heard them once at a record store and remembered liking a song or two. I've been meaning to look more into them.

Well they have different sounds too, try listening to All to All :wacky:

So that's I Am Arrows?

Yep :wacky:

We were debating that, my lyrics are better :P

pffffffffffft :P

No wonder, Carla put him (them?) on my mixtape in the 5th Exchange.

And them too!

She actually is the one who introduced me to them! :wacky: will be forever thankful for this :wacky:

That is not true, I love Lightning Dust, Black Mountain, The Besnard Lakes and Arcade Fire!

Well, then you're forgiven :rolleyes: :kiss: :hug:

Oh, they're Swedish?

*nods*

Called "Gone" apparently :thinking:

Oh yeah! It was one of the first ones I heard, love it too.

I'm very satisfied :nice: I quite liked it. And will definatly check out The Rumor Said Fire, The Swell Season (finally), South, Eskimo Joe and Broken Social Scene.

Yay! Favorite bands on the mixtape, to be honest (except for South).

Oh, hey Canadian Girl :awesome: Do you have a name?

Hi :wacky: Yes, I do, whatever Ruby says :snobby: Everyone calls me Marie or djibou, so go for it :wacky:

Incidentally? What was the stash of album art in the rar.? Cause I clicked one and saw it was Mew so naturally expected there to be Mew on there :thinking: Now I went through all of them and found I Am Kloot, Feist and a few more in addition to ones on the mix.

Wut :thinking: What were they doing there? I downloaded my mixtape after uploading it and I didn't see these album arts in my rarfile :uhoh: Hmmmmmmmm. Well that is very likely cause I have music from all of these artists (maybe except Feist). Dunno how they got there, sorry about that :\

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm questioning if i shall bother to participate next time since in the 3 i took part, 1 time my mixtape has not been reviewed and that one looks alike.

non my original match had shown up since sign up, but new asigned has not reviewed mine even when the user has been active after sign up.

:disappointed: sorry organizer.

there's a deadline for reviews?

It's got eaten by the Fox Rudy

:sad:

Hi :wacky: Yes, I do, whatever Ruby says :snobby:

I thought I've called you Marie McVeigh before ;_____;

This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader.

I'm going to reupload my mixtape for the fourth time and post it here so that anyone would review it for me. :|

:sad:

I thought I've called you Marie McVeigh before ;_____;

This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader.

I'm going to reupload my mixtape for the fourth time and post it here so that anyone would review it for me. :|

I can do that! :cheesy:

Well they have different sounds too, try listening to All to All :wacky:

All right :awesome:

Hi :wacky: Yes, I do, whatever Ruby says :snobby: Everyone calls me Marie or djibou, so go for it :wacky:

Thanks, Marie :awesome:

Wut :thinking: What were they doing there? I downloaded my mixtape after uploading it and I didn't see these album arts in my rarfile :uhoh: Hmmmmmmmm. Well that is very likely cause I have music from all of these artists (maybe except Feist). Dunno how they got there, sorry about that :\

And basically every cover had each in two sizes :thinking: Anyway, I blame that for putting me off.

[/b]I'm going to reupload my mixtape for the fourth time and post it here so that anyone would review it for me. :|

I'll download :awesome:

You changed your username again, Dave? :| I bet it's the 78th time you did it, isn't it? :p

So this is Mixed Up by Mixed By Tall Paul. Interesting :wacko:

I wrote a brief review for every track and evaluated them on a 10-points scale.

Track 1

“Oh rolling river...” I can’t get this phrase out of my head until the end of the playlist! Pretty much a good song for an opening track. One of my favorites off the mixtape. (9/10)

Track 2

The track sounds country, such an easy-listening. Is this somewhat a romance or wedding song? If it is, it's a nice one because it sounds so sweet. (8/10)

Track 3

A slower ballad at the beginning and it gets rockier after 2 minutes. After this track, I've already figured that the theme of this mixtape is months of a year as I heard February. :p (7/10)

Track 4

Whoa Coldplay. Didn't expect this to come, but hey Prospekt's March is one of my favorite tracks off the EP! Okay, here's March, I think my hypothesis about the theme is correct! :wacko: (8/10)

Track 5

April. I like retro feel in this track, sounds a bit like The Stone Roses or Simon & Garfunkel. It's rather catchy and I like it. (7/10)

Track 6

Straight to September? :surprised: I love the song both lyrically as they’re humorous and also the rhythm, classy folky rocky like Track 5. (7.5/10)

Track 7

Female vocalist. Frankly female singers are not my cup of tea but this track ain’t bad. (5.5/10)

Track 8

The song opens with some sort of ambient guitar sounds, and it goes like that throughout the song. :lol: A decent instrumental track. (6.5/10)

Track 9

The song begins with soft beats of cymbal drums, before fusing with a low guitar picks, followed by a light piano. An easy listening track, I like it. (7/10)

Track 10

Green Day. Another unexpected track from Dave! Wake Me Up When September Ends, what can I say? It reminds me of my high school years, specifically before I bumped into Coldplay. :wacky: Not a bad track after all! (7.5/10)

Track 11

Sounds like Morrissey, do I get it right? I enjoyed this song quite much. But I couldn’t find any October-related thing around here :P (7/10)

Track 12

Okay this might be my favorite track of the mix. It begins with somewhat an ambient instrumental synth which later fades with a soft vocal along with acoustic guitar strums. (9/10)

Track 13

Hearty piano beats at the beginning which later flows with guitar riffs and drums with a manly vocal. A lovely tune. (7.5/10)

Track 14

I think I’ve heard this one before. Is this Bloc Party? Quite like it. (7/10)

Track 15

Saviours Of Jazz Ballet by Mew! :awesome: (8.5/10)

Track 16

“And.. and.. and.. *coughs* I hope to see you again soon and I love you and thank you very much, and til we meet again!” :wtf:

*sings*

“ Goodbye, everybody, thank you! Goodnight!

OK, OK! Goodnight! I love ya! OK, OK! Boy!

Goodbye! Boy, what a bunch of shit (or sheep?)”

At first I was like :wtf: but then I think it’s quite a good way to end a mixtape with humor. And it’s pretty much a good song too. :D (7/10)

Overall review

I really enjoyed the whole mixtape. As you can see, I rated every song above 5.0 which means I like all of them. I love the theme, and the way you arranged the sequence for the transition flows. As a whole, it’s a pleasurable listen, it’s neither too heavy/rocky nor too mellow/draggy, so basically it’s an excellent mix. :awesome:

Review of Rudy's mixtape:

My rate: 9/10 i really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

17 tracks = 1h 5 min

sorry to be harsh. 3 tracks have the info in them, so i don't know in which order those 3 should go, anyways:

track01 .- (4:11) quiet guitar into and strings, nice male voice. good female voice added.

track02 .- (4:21) back melody and intro sounds like a videogame anthem or something. male voice.

track03 .- (4:30) that back sounds sounds a bit dizzy to me :\ more male vocals. :wacko: good music adding, some kind of 'piano' sound. there's an speech in the back in some part? Now it turns catchy.

track04 .- (2:45) good piano intro. another male vocal. pretty catchy since the begin and powerful sound. hum, dunno if you do them, could be the script? thought doesn't sound as pop like.

track06 .- (2:59) Fanfarlo! Ought to be them, is Mr Simon Balthazar voice for sure, and their melody is alike with Mr Leon Beckenham trumpet, too bad i don't happen to identify the song now!

track07 .- (6:08) Drum and Guitar intro, cool one. Seems a quiet piece. another male vocalist. sounds pretty familiar voice, like from some 80's vocalist. Nice lyrics and good dreamy magical melody in some parts with kind of xylophones and stuff. Melody is not like, but for the voice it made me think of the band Kyte.

track08 .- (4:04) rhythmical noise that is stopped by female voice in choir and a male singing with marching or clapping sound. It have the rhythm of a train marching on rail. Now some planeish sound. So Mysterious :o For whatever reason it remind me of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

track09 .- (3:58) another kind of videogame melody, then engine. male voice with good melody now and back choir. childs playing with note prolongued. again male and main melody. pretty catchy aswell.

track10 .- (2:42) male vocal, drum, violin and metal. now more instruments join, nice lyrics.

does he say 'Ostende'? "is hard to stay cool?".

track11 .- (4:00) kinda rocky guitar intro. melody sounds familiar.

track12 .- (3:16) trumpets! male and female voice. quiet but festive.

track13 .- (2:09) folky tune, guitar, i'd almost say is as steel guitar and violins. Feels south North American.

track14 .- (3:31) One, two, one, two, 3, 4. :P Nananana. Male voice, another nice acoustic guitar intro, oh now is more rocky. papaparara

track 16 .- (5:17) wavy intro, more violins and male voices.

I guess the other already titled 3 tracks are number #5, #15 and #17.

Eazy Speaks by Apostle of Hustle i've been trying to listen them since a while.

Generator 2nd floor by Freelance Whales same as for AoH.

Sea change by Turin Brakes, i already knew them, and the album.

i had the impresion that i was going to find an indie and colourful mixtape and indeed it was :thumbsup: is my :shame: i don't identify them well since i went dark and old the last year so i missed that colourful new wave a bit. Surprise to me is i didn't knew you like much male vocals and violins, and may i was wrong but i expected some Mr. Zack there.

i'm looking forward to get the tracklist. Sure that one and my other asigned mixtape review that i did before will give me a good lot of bands to check properly the next months. For that, thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Sorry if my review is not so good i'll try to improve my vocabulary for next Mixtape Exchange edition.

Cheers!