✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I am scared of Facebook!

Arwen Evenstar

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. That's all it ever comes down to when someone's wrong, the other person's trolling or attention seeking.

Well personally I use the phrase 'retarded' all the time as an insult, I'm not defending that, but I would say that using the phrase 'mentally handicapped' touches the issue a bit closer.

But I'm pretty much on the fence with this one.

Well, even I use the term retarded, as it's become quite common in our society. . . but it's usually in the context "Oh, that's a retarded situation." rather than "You're so retarded!"

And yes, Mark, the "regular trolls" are out to get you, as we obviously always do when whenever we post in a thread.

IT'S ALL TARGETING YOU. :rolleyes:

Edit: And Arwen, I'm very sorry to hear about your uncle. :hug:

but I guess shouldn't have because I know that some people find it offensive

There ya go! That is all you needed to say, just an acknowledgement that maybe you did something imperfect. Instead of initially doing that you tried to avoid the issue by talking about how Greg's being too serious, and even just there, specifying that you didn't say mentally handicapped you said mentally retarded (Which made me lul because do you think that's less offensive and justfied?! Hahaha) and finally you've just come out and said it, you said something inappropriate.

Congratulations maybe this is the first step on the road to becoming a normal person.

I totally missed this whole page of posts. :|

I didn't say metally handicaped, I just said retarted

but I guess shouldn't have because I know that some people find it offensive

That's all that really matters, everybody makes mistakes. Mistakes aren't bad so long as you acknowledge them, thank you. :hug: