✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to play German ROCK IM PARK / ROCK AM RING festival in 2011 // LP5 before June?

RadioMad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for those hoping for a christmas single, although i'd say it's unusual for bands to release a single very long before the album, perhaps coldplay will emulate what a lot of bands/artists have been doing lately and release a single or two before the album release. brandon flowers released a single for his LP like three months before the album. i personally think that's a bit crazy and forces a feeling of disconnection. but it'd be great to hear new stuff!

i know some will say they already did that with violet hill and then viva, but coldplay have always maintained that violet hill was never technically a single.

i suppose i say this all because i probably want new music more than i want to believe that it'll be another five months. but i suppose it's exciting either way. we've got firm plans!

I find them good at what they do but I'd still pay to see Coldplay over them because they've got tonnes of timeless hits. Plus I like there personal nature of the show. They try to make their shows as big as they can but no so big that you lose the connection. They are relatively intimate given Coldplay's popularity worldwide.

Plus Muse are a bit overrated in being called the best live band in the world because U2 still are!

I see your point but if we talk about the music coldplay isn't that good live, most of the time Chris makes mistakes and stuff, sometimes they even need to restart songs. Muse is simply amazing live, they are great musicians especially Matt.

I haven't seen the current U2 tour but I think their best times are gone.

I like a few Muse songs, they're impressive players but I (personally) think the lighting and stuff is the best thing they've got live. I would pay a ticket to see laser games & all that stuff...

I think that Coldplay is better because they're really, really closer to the audience. I mean, the Muse guys barely look at the audience during a show. Chris speaks, runs all over the stage, they play intimate songs, in the middle of the crowd...

Don't get me wrong I love coldplay but just because they like to talk to the crowd during concerts doesn't mean they are better. For example, Travis concerts are nice because Fran talks a lot and is very nice but doesn't mean Travis is better than coldplay when it comes to live concerts, it's just about the frontman's personality.

Man i dont know if waiting around for months and heating the single over and over excites me. Its almost torture having to wait so long... Then again been waiting a long time for new Coldplay. Just wish Roadie had remained truer to his words on updating us all.. and not just about the tea drinking :P But through it all theres only been one super short clip of them recording? Kinda lame, when they've been at it for months!! Anyways cant wait for the new music!!

Exciting news, although this doesn't guarantee the album will be out beforehand. Plenty of bands do tour before their newest album is released, performing their new songs before anybody has heard their studio equivalents (personally, I'm not a fan of this method). Regardless, this does basically guarantee that LP5 is well underway, if the roadie blogs weren't indication enough already.

I actually plan on hitting up a major festival or two here in the States next year, so with any luck, they'll pay me a visit. :awesome:

I see your point but if we talk about the music coldplay isn't that good live, most of the time Chris makes mistakes and stuff, sometimes they even need to restart songs. Muse is simply amazing live, they are great musicians especially Matt.

I haven't seen the current U2 tour but I think their best times are gone.

Don't get me wrong I love coldplay but just because they like to talk to the crowd during concerts doesn't mean they are better. For example, Travis concerts are nice because Fran talks a lot and is very nice but doesn't mean Travis is better than coldplaya when it comes to live concerts, it's just about the frontman's personality.

+1111111111111111

matt my not talk on stage(and even if he did no1 would understand him:rolleyes:)

but his personality as well as the band's energy and dedication can be easily felt.

and Matt's voice never cracks like Chris's does:angry: