✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to play German ROCK IM PARK / ROCK AM RING festival in 2011 // LP5 before June?

RadioMad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Hope they do T in the Park sometime. Them rather than Muse....again. Show the crowd who really is the best!

Hope they do T in the Park sometime. Them rather than Muse....again. Show the crowd who really is the best!

sorry man but when it comes to live performances Muse >>> Coldplay. The energy and talent in muse concerts is amazing.

Guest howyousawtheworld
sorry man but when it comes to live performances Muse >>> Coldplay. The energy and talent in muse concerts is amazing.

I find them good at what they do but I'd still pay to see Coldplay over them because they've got tonnes of timeless hits. Plus I like there personal nature of the show. They try to make their shows as big as they can but no so big that you lose the connection. They are relatively intimate given Coldplay's popularity worldwide.

Plus Muse are a bit overrated in being called the best live band in the world because U2 still are!

oh wow. this is crazy! so everyone's talking album between march and may. but the thing is, if they put out an album even at the latest may, they'll probably put the single out at least like...three weeks before right? i don't remember when viva la vida was released as a single, but i've got to feel like they'd have something out quite a long ways before the actual album.

all the pre-album interviews and buzz dictate that having to be the case.

this is really really really great news!!! it means at the very least that the band are happy enough with what they've gotten written that they feel they can start making serious commitments.

this also means i'm going to be on this site a lot more again!

I like a few Muse songs, they're impressive players but I (personally) think the lighting and stuff is the best thing they've got live. I would pay a ticket to see laser games & all that stuff...

I think that Coldplay is better because they're really, really closer to the audience. I mean, the Muse guys barely look at the audience during a show. Chris speaks, runs all over the stage, they play intimate songs, in the middle of the crowd...

I think that Coldplay is better because they're really, really closer to the audience. I mean, the Muse guys barely look at the audience during a show. Chris speaks, runs all over the stage, they play intimate songs, in the middle of the crowd...

Yes, it's that personal touch and the humour that makes all the difference, plus the fact they have so many standout songs.:cool:

:wreck:

Muse are at least as good as Coldplay when playing live. More like better, I'd say.

Yes! *nods in agreement* Muse just go all out for their fans. :wacky: Their whole arena stage was set up so that everyone could see them better (which I much appreciated, considering how far back I was seated!)

I find them good at what they do but I'd still pay to see Coldplay over them because they've got tonnes of timeless hits. Plus I like there personal nature of the show. They try to make their shows as big as they can but no so big that you lose the connection. They are relatively intimate given Coldplay's popularity worldwide.

Plus Muse are a bit overrated in being called the best live band in the world because U2 still are!

Muse have plenty of timeless classics, look at Plug in Baby and New Born! :P

Although I have to agree with you a bit with the fact that Coldplay's gigs are more intimate. . . but Muse have to give up something to go as over the top as they do.

I like a few Muse songs, they're impressive players but I (personally) think the lighting and stuff is the best thing they've got live. I would pay a ticket to see laser games & all that stuff...

But they have so much energy as well!

And have you ever heard Dom's speeches? He's certainly very talkative, as is Matt. . . and they do try to please the fans (although some moar setlist changes would be appreciated! :lol:), like how they played Citizen Erased for us.

Muse may not play in the middle of the crowd, but they have so much energy and really do care about their fans. (not saying that Coldplay don't, of course)

Anyway, Muse is amazing rant over.

I hope Coldplay tour the US first, because I'm greedy like that. :wacky:

More wonderful news. LP5 really seems to be imminent and their next single might be released very soon. Maybe we will be told on Thursday or Friday that LP5 has been completed and that the boat trip on the Thames is to celebrate this and Coldplaing.com's 10th anniversary at the end of December 2010. Not knowing this, but guessing. :dance: :sunny:

^^Right, and Viva la Vida debuted at no. 1 on the UK chart on 22 June 2008 as single number 2 from the album.

The first singles are coming only a few weeks before the album? Sh*t, I was still hoping for one before Christmas... :rolleyes: No, I'm not still praying for Christmas Lights

Yes! *nods in agreement* Muse just go all out for their fans. :wacky: Their whole arena stage was set up so that everyone could see them better (which I much appreciated, considering how far back I was seated!)

I guess you're talking about the one with the 3 big pillars? Because I heared all the opposite for the last European Stadium stage...

But they have so much energy as well!

Agreed, and maybe they're just a little bit more focused on music. I never heared a false note during a Muse concert, whereas Chris is a bit used to it...

And have you ever heard Dom's speeches? He's certainly very talkative, as is Matt. . .

i have, but I think it's really nothing compared to Chris improvising every night, really talking with the audience, listening to them, giving anecdotes, jokes, Will singing...

But anyway all this is just silly details, long live to both of them and sorry for the off topic...

The first singles are coming only a few weeks before the album? Sh*t, I was still hoping for one before Christmas... :rolleyes: No, I'm not still praying for Christmas Lights

I guess you're talking about the one with the 3 big pillars? Because I heared all the opposite for the last European Stadium stage...

Agreed, and maybe they're just a little bit more focused on music. I never heared a false note during a Muse concert, whereas Chris is a bit used to it...

i have, but I think it's really nothing compared to Chris improvising every night, really talking with the audience, listening to them, giving anecdotes, jokes, Will singing...

But anyway all this is just silly details, long live to both of them and sorry for the off topic...

I wish we could have a Christmas single, but I really doubt it. </3

yeah, I meant the pillars. Although it's kind of hard to allow 90,000 people to see you at once like at Wembley. :\

True! :lol:

They all improvise, although they don't really joke too much. :lol:

I wouldn't mind an anecdote from them every once in a while either! :P

Yup, live long Coldplay and Muse! :heart:

My guess is a single release in January or February, and the album released in May or June. Most likely May though. *crosses fingers* :P