✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radioplay

MancakesTheBand

No, this is not a combination of Radiohead and Coldplay but rather a discussion of Coldplay on the airwaves, on the radio. I'm curious to see what certain songs are still played where in the world, and what songs got left behind. I want to know if different parts of the world play a certain Coldplay song more than other parts.

Anyway I'll start.

Songs I have heard at least once on the radio (I live in Ohio)

Yellow

Trouble

Politik

Clocks

The Scientist

Speed Of Sound

Talk

Violet Hill

Viva La Vida

Strawberry Swing

Life in Technicolor II

There are a number of singles that I have never heard on the radio, albeit some of them before my time as a Coldplay fan. I still have yet to hear Christmas Lights, as the radio station most likely to play it over here starts playing Christmas music today.

Songs that I still hear on the radio

Clocks

Trouble

Yellow

The Scientist

Talk

Speed Of Sound

Viva La Vida

Politik

A few weeks ago there were only two radio station that I could find Coldplay on, and then one of them changed to Hispanic music. There are two other Top 40 stations that will only play the new songs for a few weeks.

So, I ask you, what songs do you still hear on the radio? What songs have you heard at least once? How many radio stations can you find the best band in the world?

I don't listen to the radio that much to be honest, but the songs that I have heard in the last few months were these:

-Clocks

-Trouble and The Scientist (both are very popular here and until very recently they were used on TV everytime something sad happened or when making videos of "memories" )

-Violet Hill

-Viva La Vida

-White Shadows

-Speed of Sound

-Talk

-Fix You

the last one I heard was Christmas Lights.

Edit: those above are only the ones I heard recently, but I'm sure songs like Yellow, LiT ii, GPASUYF and Shiver have had airplay sometime.

I live in Uruguay and I've heard this songs on the radio at least once:

Clocks

Viva la Vida

Lost! (both original version and acoustic version)

Talk

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Yellow

Don't Panic

Trouble

Shiver

In My Place

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

The Scientist

Fix You

X&Y

Speed Of Sound

The Hardest Part

Cemeteries Of London

Lovers In Japan

And maybe some more that I don't remember right now. I've heard also live versions of the songs I listed. But the most played are Clocks and Viva la Vida I think.

In my area of california, I only hear the major hits. On a radio station that plays a mix of music, mainstream music:

They played: speed of sound, clocks,trouble,in my place, yellow, the scientist and vlv

That station now only really plays yellow, clocks, and vlv :( and very rarely!

Another station though for alternative rock,

plays violet hill and vlv but the LRLRL version, which makes me happy.

That one plays coldplay often. I don't hear that station too much, I've just discovered it, but I think they may play more than just the hits.

One great station in Chicago plays them pretty regularly, and has since the release of Parachutes.

Recently, I've heard Clocks, Trouble, Yellow, In My Place, Viva la Vida and Violet Hill. On rare occasion, another might slip in. Haven't heard Christmas Lights, but that won't really begin to play until next week. The Holiday station here is too enamored with Michael Bolton and Celine Dion. A few others still have Clocks on a pretty regular rotation.

i live in New York and over the past few years i've heard the obvious ones, like Yellow (that's actually how i first heard about Coldplay :P), Viva La Vida and Clocks, but i've also heard Lovers in Japan, Lost!, Violet Hill, Speed of Sound, In My Place, The Scientist, and... i might have also heard Fix You and Talk, i'm not sure. also, once i had my alarm set to radio and when i woke up the station was playing Til Kingdom Come. :cheesy:

now, though, mostly the stations around here only play Viva La Vida and maybe Yellow or Speed of Sound. there was one station that played In My Place not too long ago, as well...

Songs I've heard on the radio in my area:

VLV

Speed of Sound

Songs I've heard while traveling:

GPASUYF (an airport in NC :lol:)

The Hardest Part (a steakhouse in Boston)

In My Place (just randomly on a road trip)

In all honesty, I don't really listen to the radio. . . why should I when I have all the songs I need/like on my iPod?

I'm portuguese and I've heard this ones:

Viva la Vida

Lovers in Japan

Talk

Yellow (so hit!)

Clocks

Speed of Sound

Violet Hill

and...

"Hi I'm Jonny from Coldplay and you're listening to radio Comercial"

and

"Hi I'm GUY from Coldplay and you're listening to radio comercial" :heart: :bomb:

and nothing else...

Haven't heard Christmas Lights on the radio yet... I want to hear it on the radio so badly.

I have heard:

Viva La Vida (all the time :heart: )

Clocks (on the radio so often it NEEDS to be voted Song of the Decade.)

Speed of Sound (relatively often)

Talk (once)

Trouble (once in a while)

Yellow (often on my local alternative rock station, 92.9)

Lost! (once)

The mainstream radios play usually the hit singles when they are released, and I don´t listen to them, so I don´t know if they still play Coldplay.

Our "alternative" radio plays more Coldplay, about a year ago they had a "Coldplay period" when they used to play up to 3 songs a day. :)

Now it is probably one song in two-three days. Usually the singles, which already were mentioned here.

No Christmas Lights so far, but they usually don´t play Christmas songs until a few days before Christmas.

But a little bit off topic - TV, not radio related:

We have some TV series, where they play Coldplay very often and there must be someone in charge for it who really likes Coldplay, because there were also songs like Reign of Love, Sparks and Now My Feet Won´t Touch The Ground!

In Finland you basically hear these track over and over- according to my own hearing.

Very often:

Clocks

Viva La Vida

Often:

Speed Of Sound

Talk

Sometimes:

Violet Hill

Life In Technicolor II

In My Place

Lost!

They've also started playing Christmas Lights after ignoring it for about one and a half week. :inquisitive:

Country: FRANCE. Pretty much every 'mainstream' radio station play them

Songs I have heard at least once on the radio

Yellow

Trouble

In my place

Clocks

GPASUYF

The Scientist

Speed Of Sound

Talk

Fix you

Hardest part

Violet Hill

Viva La Vida

Lost

Lovers in Japan

Life in Technicolor II

In my place

Clocks

Talk

Speed Of Sound

Viva La Vida

Country: FRANCE. Pretty much every 'mainstream' radio station play them

Songs I have heard at least once on the radio

Yellow

Trouble

In my place

Clocks

GPASUYF

The Scientist

Speed Of Sound

Talk

Fix you

Hardest part

Violet Hill

Viva La Vida

Lost

Lovers in Japan

Life in Technicolor II

In my place

Clocks

Talk

Speed Of Sound

Viva La Vida

thats awesome :D

(Me gustaría que las radios de aquí fueran asi :angry:)

I do not listen to the radio much, but I have heard VIVA LA VIDA, CLOCKS and now also CHRISTMAS LIGHTS on the radio (the latter not only in relation to download charts).

The music channel VH1, Denmark on cable TV often plays Coldplay - BUT mostly the SINGLES:

Yellow

Trouble

In my place

CLOCKS

GPASUYF

The Scientist

Speed Of Sound

Fix you

The Hardest part

Violet Hill

VIVA LA VIDA

Lost!

Life in Technicolor II

Strawberry Swing

(and in February and March: Message 2010 in favour of HAITI, not played anymore)

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

Often played in the programme VH1 Love: In My Place and the Scientist

Played on the channel in normal rotation: Viva la Vida and Clocks

Played in December: Christmas Lights + Band Aid 20 (with Chris and other British artists)