✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2011: Your Most Anticipated Albums

oldmuckers

Briggins, was that Pitchfork list so good that you needed to double post it?

Read twice, cut once.

Nah, their new stuff is never that great but it's always interesting. To fans, at least.

Yeah, I haven't really checked them out (although I have seen them live haha)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get how people are judging this year by the acts releasing albums. they might be totally shit......

I just like to listen to anew albums and judge/rate them, whether they are good or bad. So the more that come out, the better.

I find the unexpected is what makes or breaks a year.

Like take last year. If you told me that the National, Beach House, and Kanye would be favourite albums on here I would be like LOLwho?

You know you said the exact same thing at the end of 2009. I think the best part of the year is not that a band you love releases an album and you find that it isn't a disappointment but rather when you fall in love with a new band because of something they have released.

In no particular order...

- Coldplay

- Foo Fighters

- Death Cab for Cutie

- RHCP

- Snow Patrol

- White Lies

- Franz Ferdinand

- The Killers (are they recording again? I hear rumours, someone say it is so!)

- Kasabian

I'm sure there are more. But just looking at that, I'm going to be skint.

I doubt Metric will release a 2011 album.

They're in a major creative space. I think they will release something this year then disappear for a while.

“So far the sessions have been intense. We’ve got about 12 new songs bouncing off the walls in there and only another thousand hours to go. Which is alright by me.”

i think it differs from artist to artist, band to band. some bands dont like to lose their momentum so they keep going for a few years before taking a break. others like to change their style with every album so a break helps them do that. i think it also depends on how much time they like to spend in the studio. i know some bands who spend little more than a fortnight in the studio while others like working there for 8 to 10 months at a time.