✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2011 Albums Worth Listening To

The Escapist

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I guess so. Honestly when I get new music these days I don't go hunting for stuff that's been released recently, just stuff I haven't heard. Like the last few albums I downloaded were Weather Systems by Andrew Bird (which I hadn't heard until a few days ago despite loving Andrew Bird so much omg) and Far by Regina Spektor, which I also had never gotten around to getting all of but did thanks to the urging of a friend. Weather System's from 2003 and Far's from 2009, haha.

And as for 2010, god knows there's still stuff from then I haven't checked out that I know I should :sad: I didn't listen to Crystal Castles eg for the entire damn year.

she promised two last year and only delivered 1. so i hope this is worth the wait. probably my favourite solo artist in the world :)

love her acceptance speech here. probably the first person to ever start with "hi i'm *insert name*"

YouTube - ‪Laura Marling wins Brit Award‬‏

HAHA, awwwww. How adorable. :wacky:

well speak of the devil

http://www.lauramarling.com/

:D

YESSSSSSS. :cheesy:

Guest howyousawtheworld
BUMP.

Spin just released their Top 25 albums of the year. You can read about it here:

Spin Article

What do you guys think?

Alright list.

At least I don't dress like a hipster. At least I don't dress like a hipster. At LEAST I DON'T DRESS LIKE A HIPSTER.

I keep telling myself that. And it doesn't make the sting go away. It never does. It never, NEVER does.

Can't get the stink off,

He's been hanging round for days.

Comes like a comet,

Suckered you but not your friends,

One day he'll get to you,

Teach you how to be a ho-lee cow!

<(^__^<)

• 2 weeks later...

The Horrors album has leaked, great stuff. On repeat for over 3 hours!

I just want to say that I really didn't like Build a Rocket Boys at all :disappointed:

The Singles, Neat Little Rows and Lippy Kids are great. I agree with you on the album though, which is a shame 'cause I really wanted to like it.

I just want to say that I really didn't like Build a Rocket Boys at all :disappointed:

Awww, that's a shame. :\ While it's not a masterpiece like "The Seldom Seen Kid," I think it's a solid album in its own right. It's fine, though; you're not the only one who was disappointed by it.

The Singles, Neat Little Rows and Lippy Kids are great. I agree with you on the album though, which is a shame 'cause I really wanted to like it.

Actually, "Neat Little Rows" is one of my least favorites on the album.

:disappointed:

1. fleet foxes- helplessness blues

2. braids- native speaker

3. hey rosetta- seeds

4. tune-yards- whokill

5. tennis- cape dory

The next few

thao and mirah- thao and mirah

la sera- la sera

the antlers- burst apart

the dodos- no color

elbow- build a rocket boy

gardens & villa- gardens and villa

cults- cults

battles- gloss drop

bon iver- bon iver,bon iver

ones i liked

city & colour- little hell

radiohead- the king of limbs

cut copy- zonoscope

smith westerns- dye it blonde

death cab for cutie- codes and keys

timber timbre- creepin on creepin on

the decemberists- the king is dead

the pains of being pure at heart-belong

disappointments

my morning jacket- circuital

strokes- angles

white lies- ritual

pj harvey- let england shake

cold war kids- mine is yours

the boxer rebellion- the cold still

tv on the radio- nine types of light

Yet to listen

arctic monkeys

destroyer

foster the people

fucked up

panda bear

james blake

the vaccines

friendly fires

Nice Top 5. :smiley:

The next few: I only know a few of those albums, but I like how you had the ones I do know there.

Ones You Liked: TKoL has grown on me, though I still think it's subpar to the majority of their work. I like Cut Copy and Smith Westerns, too, so yeah.

Disappointments: YOU DIDN'T LIKE ANGLES? :sad: I love it. But then again, that's where I started my Strokes listening, so I guess I'm somewhat biased on that. I can understand why White Lies is there, because "Ritual" isn't up to the level of "To Lose My Life," but I still like it. I'll have to take a few good listens to TVotR again, because I don't rememeber a whole lot.

Haven't Listened Yet: I don't know Destroyer, and I don't care for the genre Fucked Up are in, but you really should check out the others. I LOVE James Blake. Of course, some people disagree (*koff* EDDIE *koff*), but it's resonated with me a lot. "Pala" and "Torches" are also great. The Vaccines are spot on, especially for travelling purposes. I'm still kinda getting into Panda Bear, but I like "Tomboy." I haven't listened to the new Arctic Monkeys that much; I'll let you know what I think when I do.