✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coachella 2011

ViVA Child

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are talking about where to re-watch the sets that they broadcasted, go to theaudioperv.com and search "Coachella" and you can download every single set in full that they broadcasted :D. I'm currently burning them all to DVD.

I was there. It was the best weekend of my life. However, the act I was really there for was The Strokes, and I almost died three times. It was a full-on riot scene due to the band two acts before them and Kanye after them, which made it a bittersweet ending to the weekend. I was really disappointed I wasn't at the front for The Strokes (I'd waited 8 hours up there and decided to get pulled just because it was so dangerous), but I was lucky enough not to sustain any serious injuries but a whole host of people were taken to the hospital :\.

Had a few FB friends post that one. (fairly funny, though the funniest aspect may be so many people not realizing ChristWire is a parody/satire site)

I was really disappointed I wasn't at the front for The Strokes (I'd waited 8 hours up there and decided to get pulled just because it was so dangerous), but I was lucky enough not to sustain any serious injuries but a whole host of people were taken to the hospital :\.

That was my exact situation for Arcade Fire. I camped out in front on Saturday until Broken Social Scene ended, then suddenly with no explanation, everyone got extremely rowdy and you couldn't move or breathe, so we moved back behind the second barricade for safety purposes and were fine from that point. I've never had that problem at a standard concert, though festival atmospheres are different.

But yes, The Strokes were awesome. Pleasantly surprised by the amount of "Is This It?" material. Getting out of there after Strokes and before Kanye was ridiculous, though. For every person leaving The Strokes, there were like 5 people entering for Kanye, so it was extremely difficult to push my way back out.

Glad you had fun too, though! :)

Had a few FB friends post that one. (fairly funny, though the funniest aspect may be so many people not realizing ChristWire is a parody/satire site)

Gotta love those unobservant and easily tricked people, haha. That's why I love these things.

What also makes me laugh about that is the amount of sites I've come across in my life exactly like it or worse, and completely serious.

I didn't get to watch any of the artists. :sad:

That was my exact situation for Arcade Fire. I camped out in front on Saturday until Broken Social Scene ended, then suddenly with no explanation, everyone got extremely rowdy and you couldn't move or breathe, so we moved back behind the second barricade for safety purposes and were fine from that point. I've never had that problem at a standard concert, though festival atmospheres are different.

But yes, The Strokes were awesome. Pleasantly surprised by the amount of "Is This It?" material. Getting out of there after Strokes and before Kanye was ridiculous, though. For every person leaving The Strokes, there were like 5 people entering for Kanye, so it was extremely difficult to push my way back out.

Glad you had fun too, though! :)

I understand that's just the way festivals are, and I was up front for the headliners on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday was a WHOLE DIFFERENT kettle of fish. The band Death From Above 1979 absolutely ruined everything--people were trying to start a mosh pit, crowd surfing, mauling people smaller than them to get closer...I saw grown men much, much larger than me sobbing. So many unconscious people were pulled out, and I even saw two people bleeding from the head. I actually felt pretty in control of my safety the whole time, somehow, but I decided to get pulled after DFA got off because I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy my favorite band to the fullest in that scene.

And GOD, getting out after Kanye...I was a mile away, SO far from the stage, and it was still a stampede after The Strokes got off. I watched Kanye from so far away I would see his mouth move on the screen before the sound was able to reach me from how far away I was.

Here's to hoping there aren't any hardcore acts before The Strokes and Coldplay at Oxegen in July...I know both acts are popular and Strokes fans can get rowdy, but I know I can handle Coldplay crowds easily. I just want to make sure they don't book a fricking heavy metal or hardcore act before them that I have to worry about again.

If you guys are talking about where to re-watch the sets that they broadcasted, go to theaudioperv.com and search "Coachella" and you can download every single set in full that they broadcasted :D. I'm currently burning them all to DVD.

Ohmygod, thank you so much! :cheesy:

I thought I would share this quality article with you guys.

http://christwire.org/2011/04/coachella-is-a-festival-of-disease-and-sin-your-children-most-likely-will-die

YOUR CHILDREN MOST LIKELY WILL DIE

Oh man, I thought that was real :shame:

Oh dear...my friend and I split up briefly because he wanted to see Death From Above and I wanted to see The National, and he said it was the craziest crowd all weekend, and not in a good way. I swiftly bolted back to the main stage at the end of Duran Duran's set, and since a lot of people in that crowd were age 30+ and sorta just relaxing and soaking in the nostalgia, it was pretty easy creeping ahead of a lot of them.

But seriously, I was deep enough into the audience that I was getting suffocated trying to penetrate that incoming Kanye crowd.

Oh dear...my friend and I split up briefly because he wanted to see Death From Above and I wanted to see The National, and he said it was the craziest crowd all weekend, and not in a good way. I swiftly bolted back to the main stage at the end of Duran Duran's set, and since a lot of people in that crowd were age 30+ and sorta just relaxing and soaking in the nostalgia, it was pretty easy creeping ahead of a lot of them.

But seriously, I was deep enough into the audience that I was getting suffocated trying to penetrate that incoming Kanye crowd.

My biggest regret of the whole weekend was not going to see The National--I love them, but I decided to see if I could get close again for The Strokes. Since I ended up so far back anyway, I'm still kicking myself for not seeing them :bigcry:.

I was there. It was the best weekend of my life. However, the act I was really there for was The Strokes, and I almost died three times. It was a full-on riot scene due to the band two acts before them and Kanye after them, which made it a bittersweet ending to the weekend. I was really disappointed I wasn't at the front for The Strokes (I'd waited 8 hours up there and decided to get pulled just because it was so dangerous), but I was lucky enough not to sustain any serious injuries but a whole host of people were taken to the hospital :\.

You just made my day with that link. THANK YOU!!! :awesome:

That's a real shame that you were disappointed. I remember when I saw them last year, my friend and I were at the barrier and it was actually ok because we had something to push against that wasn't another person! But SO many other people (mostly tiny skinny girls) got pulled out because it was too intense. And that festival wasn't nearly as big as Coachella! At least you get to see them twice more though, so it's not like it was the only chance you'd have gotten to see them that was ruined :nice:

wow you guys walked OUT on kanye!! you really did miss one of the all time great festival sets. who else was on then?

i think a bit of madness has just become part of the festival experience. but i'm not big on that sort of scene anymore. the music often feels secondary.

You just made my day with that link. THANK YOU!!! :awesome:

That's a real shame that you were disappointed. I remember when I saw them last year, my friend and I were at the barrier and it was actually ok because we had something to push against that wasn't another person! But SO many other people (mostly tiny skinny girls) got pulled out because it was too intense. And that festival wasn't nearly as big as Coachella! At least you get to see them twice more though, so it's not like it was the only chance you'd have gotten to see them that was ruined :nice:

I wouldn't say I was disappointed, I just felt that I was prepared for it to be very, very bad, but not THAT bad. And yes, I've got two more chances to see them close, so that's why I wasn't really too broken up about my plans going to hell :D.

YES!!! and they were the biggest douchebags too. lol

Did anyone catch The Black Keys? Definitely was one of my favorites!

The Black Keys were probably my second-favorite set of the weekend. WOW. I loved them before, as well, but now...I'm like 100% obsessed.

wow you guys walked OUT on kanye!! you really did miss one of the all time great festival sets. who else was on then?

i think a bit of madness has just become part of the festival experience. but i'm not big on that sort of scene anymore. the music often feels secondary.

There was pretty much no choice BUT to walk out on Kanye if you valued your life and limbs. I'm serious, it was close to being a full-scale riot. At least for DFA 3 acts before him, it was basically a riot, not just "a bit of madness."

watching the kanye (then watching it back again lol) the crowd being hip hop based didn't see crushed or all that rowdy. but i'm sure the strokes would've been crazy as usual.

then again i'm the type who likes a rough and tumble pit. standing there and watching never does it for me haha

Did anyone catch The Black Keys? Definitely was one of my favorites!

Black Keys were my favorite set on Friday. I'd seen them once before, but they brought their A-game to Coachella and were even better than the last time. Some people were complaining that their sound was too low since Brandon Flowers' set was bleeding into it at the same time, but I guess I was in a good enough spot to hear well.

PJ Harvey overlapped with the first few songs of Kanye, and I'd honestly rather see PJ Harvey. She went on before The Strokes finished so I missed like the first 4 songs, but I was still happy to catch "Written on the Forehead" - my favorite off the new album - plus a bunch of oldies.

watching the kanye (then watching it back again lol) the crowd being hip hop based didn't see crushed or all that rowdy. but i'm sure the strokes would've been crazy as usual.

then again i'm the type who likes a rough and tumble pit. standing there and watching never does it for me haha

I bet the crowd calmed down by the time he took the stage, but it was dangerous as all hell shortly before he came on (and all day up to his set) because of people absolutely adamant about seeing him up close and being ready to mow down anyone in their path to get a glimpse of King Kanye.