✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coachella 2011

ViVA Child

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted to go to Coachella for years (it's only 3 hours from me) but haven't been able to because of money or class/work schedule conflicts. Tonight I get my weekend schedule for my cinema class. If nothing conflicts on that weekend, I may very well go to Coachella at long last, especially since I finally have adequate funds and some appreciated financial support (which I really needed since they no longer sell single-day passes). Fingers crossed. Friday and Sunday definitely have acts I want to see, but the Saturday line-up looks phenomenal.

That's an amazing lineup, all three days! :surprised:

So much better than Bamboozle's. :|

lineup-day1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1295035604804

lineup-day2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1295035619496

lineup-day3.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1295035635302

I honestly don't think there's a single band I want to see. :| Such a fail. And I was really looking forward to going this year. :shifty:

Gah, how I wish I could go to Coachella! :bomb:

I think it's good, but not great. There's no crazy one off appearances or band reunions. Duran Duran is the closest it comes. I've seen Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon this past year, and I suspect they will be touring every year or two for the next 10. The lesser acts have all played local clubs and smaller venues around town. I want to go, but if I miss it, I don't feel like I'm missing some rare opportunity.

Where's the Smiths reunion or Pearl Jam with Neil Young?

my take on it

Friday - good (5 bands i would love to see, 6 others interested in)

saturday - good (love 6, 5 interested)

sunday - fucking amazing (8 amazing acts there that would happily pay full price to see)

i think on the first two days the headliners are so-so but the ace stuff is in the smaller print. but sunday is amazing top to bottom.

I'm trying to go. Even though I live in England, I happen to be in the US at the time, but around NYC. I've worked out that the whole thing would cost a lot, but within budget. I'm desperately trying to find someone to go with in the next 24 hours before passes go onsale because my budget is for two people and I'm so tired of doing awesome stuff like this by myself. I guess my criteria is that I have to know you, though, because we'd be rooming and driving together and all that.

Something tells me it's just not going to work out in the end. Does Coachella tend to sell out like Glasto etc?

Something tells me it's just not going to work out in the end. Does Coachella tend to sell out like Glasto etc?

Not at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure last year was the first year they've ever completely sold out, and I believe it took a while for that to happen. Though I'm not sure how long it took (and it's something I should find out since I don't plan on purchasing until I have full confidence I'm going).

Oh cripes, that's seriously the closest hotel still available? I know my friend was looking into hotels in the Palm Springs area because we thought that'd be far enough without being overpriced or already booked but still has a shuttle. I'd better tell my buddies to get on that quickly.

Oh cripes, that's seriously the closest hotel still available? I know my friend was looking into hotels in the Palm Springs area because we thought that'd be far enough without being overpriced or already booked but still has a shuttle. I'd better tell my buddies to get on that quickly.

The hotel I got is in Palm Springs, which is evidently about a 30-40 minute drive from the festival grounds accoring to Google :dead:. But I searched every other town on like every major hotel website and found nothing under $300/night in Indio, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Palm Desert, or Cathedral City. If you can afford it there are closeby options, but it really is insane--passes don't even go onsale until tomorrow and everything remotely affordable and convenient is gone!

But you just reminded me that a shuttle to Palm Springs exists and I just discovered its drop-off is 1.5 miles from my hotel, which is walkable! WHOO!