✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Looking for "A rush of blood to the head" sounding alike albums/artists

BlueElephant

Hi guys,

Hope this is the good area to create this topic, it is probably not, but hey, I'm new here ;)

Basically, I'm addicted to Coldplay 2nd album, I just can't stop listening to it. I'm looking for other bands who might make me feel as AROBTTH does... So if any of you are in love with this album, I would love you to tell me what other bands you crave!

Just throw me names and/or albums/songs and hopefully you'll make me discover a new drug!

I have A LOT of music on my computer, so it might be be hard to find a band that I don't already know, but I'm sure there are plenty of bands out there that I haven't heard about.

Thanks a lot!

Take care

PS: I could (and will) look through the list of artists who are being discussed in "The World of Music", as they all have this common thing with Coldplay. But I'm looking for bands who have this "AROBTTH" thing, not just bands that Coldplay fans like...

Hey guys!

Thanks very much for your answer! Unfortunately, I already know (and love!) Radiohead (what kind of Coldplay fan doesn't know Radiohead? lol), Travis, Snow Patrol, U2, OneRepublic, Keane and Muse (I'm not a big fan of the 2 latter).

But I didn't know Manic Street Preachers, I will check them out!

If you have any other ideas, just throw'em out there!

Thanks ;)

There's probably a part of luck, cos even if there are great great bands out there, they're not famous enough to get into my hears. And that's why I've decided to take it in my own hands and come here to ask you guys...

I've heard about Elbow, and love their hit "Grounds for Divorce", but I've never really taken the time to listen to their other stuff, I will definitely do it!

In-Flight Safety, that's one more name to my boat! I'll check them out when I can!

Thanks, and keep them coming ;)

Travis is the closest especially songs like Side, Driftwood, Writing To Reach You, The Last Laugh of the Laughter. :nice:

The earlier albums resemble AROBTTH a lot compared to the latest one.

Gosh, I haven't listened to Travis for ages! *goes to listen* :wacky:

Lol, I know Travis, one of my favorite bands as well!

I'll just throw a few names to spare you:

Five For Fighting, Placebo, Stornoway, Amy MacDonald, The Frames, The Radio Dept., Mew, Midlake, Blind Pilote, Pilate, Jimmy Eat World, Gary Go, Travis, Nada Surf, KoL, Elliott Smith, The Shins, Radiohead........ That's a few right there I can think of..

I like In Flight-Safety, and Manic Street Preachers, so thx for those 2 ones. I will check Susanne Sandfør ;)

Gimme more! :P

Athlete!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxwY0BkV0uw]YouTube - Athlete- Half Light[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5TTe2Gj2LM]YouTube - Athlete- Superhuman Touch[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPUlichsfQg]YouTube - Athlete - Wires[/ame]

Guest howyousawtheworld

The Boy With No Name by Travis - a fantastic album and horribly underrated.

Listen to Ode To J.Smith as well. Probably their most innovative album. Fabulous!

But I didn't know Manic Street Preachers, I will check them out!

If you have any other ideas, just throw'em out there!

Thanks ;)

If you like the album I mentioned you can always check out their other stuff as well! ;)

A band that sadly spilt up a while back but had a few good songs was Haven. Their stuff might be a bit harder to track down. Til The End is one of my fave songs by them. Think they did a couple of albums at least. Singers voice has an ethereal quality to it that you might like!

I've started to listen to your suggestions, I'll take the time to get into each universe...

@ The Final Track: I had heard about White Lies, but I never got into it. I tried again, and I have to say, some of their songs are great! I will check Pineapple Thief and Royksopp, thx for the names!

@ Coldplay_is_Louve: A House for Lions sounds awesome! But it's really hard to find them somewhere... And I don't want to buy them on iTunes.. I hope they get big so I can get their album in my store...

@ Doritji, thx for the names, I will definitely check those one out!

@ howyousawtheworld: I love Travis, and particularly the 2 albums you mentioned, nice taste ;)

@ THe Gutless Wonder : yeah, I've started listening to other MSP songs, some of them are really nice!

Thanks guys, do not hesitate to give me more names, I have quite enough for now (tons of music to check out, so great), but I'll always welcome your suggestions!

:kiss: