✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Buckland Religion~Official Thread

BlissfullyMuse

okay well that is extreme: lavorare = fatighej

In my dialect people are just too lazy to speak entire words so they shorten EVERYTHING.

left side is standard German, right side is lazy-ass-German

"in das" = "inne" in

"weißt du" = "weiße" you know

"gehst du" = "gehse" do you go

"Komme mal her" = "Komma her" come to me

or we leave out entire words lol

it's like

going to = gonna

want to = wanna

sort ot thing ahah

no in italy every word changes, and when i say every i mean it, sometimes it changes meaning too or there are words in your dialect that you can't translate in italian because it only exists in your dialect

tomorrow = domani = crej

that crej comes latin cras which means, well, tomorrow, sometimes dialects are more close to latin or even french than italian

I probably don't know it. There are so many dialects in Italy, and so many are exclusive to little reserved areas. My Nonno and Nonna on my Dad's side come from the Puglia area, but I barely hear him speak it to his parents, because he was born and raised in Torino. My moms parents on the other hand were immigrants from a small small town in Calabria called Simbario. I know a whole lot more of their dialect, but I only because I picked it up after listening to my mom and nonna speak with each other in the dialect for so long, so I doubt I would be able to write it down. I think that one is modeled after Greek.

The one fraise that comes to mind when thinking of the dialect is

English- what are you doing

Italian- Che fai

Dialect- che facite (I probably spelt that way off, but you get the point) it's not completely different from Italian, in fact, it's pretty similar, but still pretty distinct.

Another is

English: be quiet

Italian: Stai zitto

Dialect: State citto

The one thing my dad always says in his dialect- that I still don't completely understand, and definitely will spell wrong is something like walio (said pretty much how I attempted to spell it) maybe it's your dialect, maybe it's not, either way, whenever I get a bit of it, I end up just cracking up. It sounds absolutely hilarious.

I probably don't know it. There are so many dialects in Italy, and so many are exclusive to little reserved areas. My Nonno and Nonna on my Dad's side come from the Puglia area, but I barely hear him speak it to his parents, because he was born and raised in Torino. My moms parents on the other hand were immigrants from a small small town in Calabria called Simbario. I know a whole lot more of their dialect, but I only because I picked it up after listening to my mom and nonna speak with each other in the dialect for so long, so I doubt I would be able to write it down. I think that one is modeled after Greek.

The one fraise that comes to mind when thinking of the dialect is

English- what are you doing

Italian- Che fai

Dialect- che facite (I probably spelt that way off, but you get the point) it's not completely different from Italian, in fact, it's pretty similar, but still pretty distinct.

Another is

English: be quiet

Italian: Stai zitto

Dialect: State citto

The one thing my dad always says in his dialect- that I still don't completely understand, and definitely will spell wrong is something like walio (said pretty much how I attempted to spell it) maybe it's your dialect, maybe it's not, either way, whenever I get a bit of it, I end up just cracking up. It sounds absolutely hilarious.

that must be "wagliò" which means "dude" ahahahah

state citto = stat citt in my dialect, so yeah, its pretty close

that must be "wagliò" which means "dude" ahahahah

state citto = stat citt in my dialect, so yeah, its pretty close

Haha- literally, I've spent my whole life listening to my dad's stupid jokes that go a little like 'you know what BMW stands for? Bella Macchina Wagliò.'

Ya, I suppose it might me the same (the dialect on my dad's side- the one on my Moms is definitely different.)

I literally love your dialect though, the way everything is pronounced is the best.

Possibly the best picture i have ever seen of anything ever!!!

Did i mention Ever?

:nod:

Unless there is another picture of both Chris & Jonny watching the sunset together, you know :charming:

• 2 weeks later...