✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Happy mother's day

Lore

Happy Mother's day to all the lovely coldplaying moms, especially Christa :heart:, Kels :kiss:, Jen :nice: and Hester :D hope your kids will give you lots of hugs and kisses and maybe some nice prezzies today! (well, if they're old enough to do it :P)

Is mother's day everywhere or just in Latin America and the US? :uhoh:

It isn't mother's day here. Thank god!

It will be at the end of the month. I don't know what I'll get her but I'll definitely get her a present + flowers and spend time with her (like I do every year). /is a nice daughter. :nice:

It's pathetic that there are different "mother's days" all round the world. It just makes things confusing for everyone, particularly if they've relocated.

Common sense should prevail, and everyone should agree on one day for all nations - an International Mother's Day.;)

Otherwise you'll end up with half a dozen threads like this a year.:dozey:

It's all about getting people to spend money, anyway.

At least dates like Christmas Day and Good Friday are the same worldwide, whether you observe them or not.

It's pathetic that there are different "mother's days" all round the world. It just makes things confusing for everyone, particularly if they've relocated.

Common sense should prevail, and everyone should agree on one day for all nations - an International Mother's Day.;)

At least dates like Christmas Day and Good Friday are the same worldwide, whether you observe them or not.

who carez

I don't know what to do for my mother. :sad:

just tell her that you love her even if you don't.. ;)

Once I gave a red rose to my mom on Valentine's Day because I was confused :D

Why does it matter? Whenever it is, why do we need a specific , day to show our appreciation to our mother? It doesn't matter if Chile celebrates it today, or China celebrate it in August or whenever, it's not a big deal. Just love your mother and that's it.

Even if there are 100 threads about Mother's Day on The Lounge, it's okay. They can always be merged.

why do we need a specific day to show our appreciation to our mother?[/color] .... Just love your mother and that's it.

I can follow you, RUDY.

Why not appreciate your mother every day? Why only celebrate her on two days a year - i.e. on her birthday and on Mother's day (unless she happens to be born on Mother's day ;) ) ?

Your mother has given birth to you, and she has taken care of you. (This is generally speaking, because sadly enough there are many sad, painful and tragic exceptions).

Appreciate your mother more - and not only on Mother's Day and on her birthday - and try to be more helpful / less negative if she asks you to do something (in particular if the thing she needs help with can be done quickly and is only taking you away from the computer for a couple of minutes).

Such a promise to her will be a most welcome Mother's Day Present.

Why not appreciate your mother every day? Why only celebrate her on two days a year - i.e. on her birthday and on Mother's day (unless she happens to be born on Mother's day ;) ) ?

This I agree with. There shouldn't be a need for a "mother's day" in the first place.

It's totally pointless.;)