✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks :) I'm happy you had fun even though there were a few problems. I hope you get to see them again very soon and then I hope it's perfect.

God bless you,

One Love :)

ok im finally ready to give my post-mortem from last night. ill keep this as simple as possible as its hard to properly describe such an experience that id been waiting for for over 10 years, it all seemed very surreal and still does.

The Good:

Coldplay! The band were flawless and completely up for it, they looked as it they were absolutely loving it, even guy who shows little emotion was smiling and really into it.

The setlist was brilliant although shorter than a proper touring show. the whole acoustic set at the end of the catwalk was beautiful and i was very happily surprised to hear til kingdom come, so brilliant.

The set up was awesome. The stage with catwalk was better than a b/c stage for me, and the fireworks from the stadium roof were very special. There were also the big balls and lots of beach balls, one of which i managed to take home with me :)

Chris had a smile at the sign which i help up during violet hill which read, if you love me, wont you let me know, he acknowledged my bit of the crowd quite a lot and was very vocal and had a good few lyric changes. (come up to cape town, tell you im sorry, etc)

The Bad:

The crowd was the major disappointment for me. I managed to get pretty much front row, and it was quite lively there, but even there i struggled to get a viva chant going, and most people didnt know lyrics of even big songs. half way through the show i moved further back to the end of the catwalk to get a better view of the whole stage and fireworks which werent visible from front row, and the crowd were actually embarassing. no one knew lyrics, and many people just standing with folded arms. ive got to say though, for the big songs such as viva, scientist, yellow and a few others, the crowd were really good.

The security guards were really pedantic, they wouldnt let me hang a banner over the railings because it was a "security hazard" which is a load of rubbish.

The organisation was pretty poor. the admission process as well as transport arrangements which were terrible.

From what i hear, some parts of the stadium got really bad sound, although it was perfect throughout for me.

I got the attention of miller and hoppy, and asked them both for setlists, but they both said that theres absolutely nothing to give out, which i find hard to believe.

Im sure theres so many things ive left out, but if theres anything anyone is interested in, then just ask and ill respond.

Overall it was an incredible experience which i was privileged to attend. i can finally cross off the most important item on my bucket list, now i need to cross off the second most important item, seeing coldplay again :)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you say that with FOURTEEN new songs there's going to be NO difference? come on.....

Well i was speaking more in terms of length of the entire show, it will perhaps be a different mix between new and old songs but i expect it to be 1,5 hr shows.

Overall it was an incredible experience which i was privileged to attend. i can finally cross off the most important item on my bucket list, now i need to cross off the second most important item, seeing coldplay again :)

Are you going to the Joburg gig as well?

Play List

Oh my God! How can Coldplay not play Speed of Sound and Trouble? I am going to the Johannesburg concert and I am already disappointed. Speed of Sound was one of their biggest hits in SA. So was Talk! Shocking!!:(

Well, I just need to say that I saw Miller (quick chat) and Phil this morning and met Will in town, had a photo with him and a small chat!! Such a nice guy!!

They are leaving Cape Town tomorrow morning for JHB, enjoy it! The concert was awesome!!

Anyone on here that was standing in the golden circle que from early on Wednesday meet a guy called Doug? Would love to chat to him now that he's seen them, and find out his views!!

Seriously!!! :bomb: :dead: Slap a warning sign next time someone sends out a tweet of this magnitude! I'm operating heavy machinery (my car) at the moment & could've damn near killed myself and about ten others in a matter of seconds!:shocked2:

No, in all seriousness I already pulled over to email/take a quick call when this tweet popped up on my phone. I merely meant to dismiss so it wouldn't ding again but wouldn't you know it?!?!? I hit the link instead :wink3: Now yes, it did say "for the ladies" but come on? I wasn't prepped for this AT ALL. :wideeyed:

Wow. :o

Pleasantly surprised & rendered speechless. Needless to say, my call ended rather upbruptly so I come here & comment.

Thank you Coldplaying for making my otherwise boring afternoon a good one. :kiss:

Seriously!!! :bomb: :dead: Slap a warning sign next time someone sends out a tweet of this magnitude! I'm operating heavy machinery (my car) at the moment & could've damn near killed myself and about ten others in a matter of seconds!:shocked2:

No, in all seriousness I already pulled over to email/take a quick call when this tweet popped up on my phone. I merely meant to dismiss so it wouldn't ding again but wouldn't you know it?!?!? I hit the link instead :wink3: Now yes, it did say "for the ladies" but come on? I wasn't prepped for this AT ALL. :wideeyed:

Wow. :o

Pleasantly surprised & rendered speechless. Needless to say, my call ended rather upbruptly so I come here & comment.

Thank you Coldplaying for making my otherwise boring afternoon a good one. :kiss:[/size][/font]

lol I hope neither mich nor I are going to be responsible for a highway closure :laugh3: