✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town, South Africa

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, don't get me wrong.

I just think that there are also people who aren't that great fans like you and me. They just like some songs and want to see how they are live. The prices aren't that cheap (naturally) and I really believe they could play 4-5 songs more in order to play at least two full hours. In my opinion this is a good length for concert and this wouldn't be a big problem.

Its just my opinion, nevertheless I will go to one of the shows. ;)

Damned if they do, damned if the don't. Some are complaining that too many songs of the new album are already out.

Damned if they do, damned if the don't. Some are complaining that too many songs of the new album are already out.

^ This, the poor guys can't win for trying to please us... no wonder they talk of giving up.

Back on topic though - looking forward to hearing if there really were sound issues this evening and to see what the set list was ...

^ This, the poor guys can't win for trying to please us... no wonder they talk of giving up.

Back on topic though - looking forward to hearing if there really were sound issues this evening and to see what the set list was ...

I'm so satisfied with everything of the new era, I love all the songs, the new style and the brave of the band. The festival sets were incredible but is it so amazing that there is a guy who noticed that one and a half hour aren't so long for a big stadium show with expensive prices?

Its just a little point in the whole thing and I can't see that there will be criticism if they play 4-5 songs more.

I don't mean they should play more new songs of the album, but just some old favorites like Lovers in Japan, Trouble, Talk/Speed of Sound, Strawberry Swing...

I agree, I think when the prices were so high and it was the first time they'd ever played there it wouldn't have hurt to have added a few more songs (from any era)

I'm looking forward to seeing what they did with that X shaped catwalk though :wacky:

Paul from the Parlotones tweeted "Awesome" :P

[edit]

Heres the setlist in a legible format. Good mix of old and new songs. God put a smile was mindblowingly orgasmix! Loved the intro to it.

Hurts like heaven

Yellow

In my place

major minus

Paradise

Lost

Violet hill

God pull a smile

The scientist

us against the world

Shiver("Acoustic")

Til kingdom come feat. a mexican fone wave

Politik

Viva la vida

charlie brown

Life is for living

-Encore-

Clocks

Rehab/Fix you

Every tear drop is a waterfall

Thanks to Rosaudio for the correction

If i'm not mistaken... didn't they play a 2 hour set on the Viva tour?

Exactly.. They used to play 24-25 songs compared to approximately 18 now.. I think it's a shame! When you pay that much money for a ticket you deserve 2 hours of good music in my opinion..

Exactly.. They used to play 24-25 songs compared to approximately 18 now.. I think it's a shame! When you pay that much money for a ticket you deserve 2 hours of good music in my opinion..

I have a feeling with the real (european) tour and Mylo Xyloto coming(released) they will play more songs again.

I have a feeling with the real (european) tour and Mylo Xyloto coming(released) they will more songs again.

I hope your feeling will turn out to be right ;) Add Strawberry Swing, Lovers in Japan, Trouble, Square One and Up in Flames to the current setlist and we can't demand more :)

I have a feeling with the real (european) tour and Mylo Xyloto coming(released) they will play more songs again.

We don't need more new songs...they could play just some older classics like Speed of Sound or LiJ or Trouble and so on.

Can't believe the setlist is right. Til kingdom come? Charlie Brown and Major Minus changed positions?!

I doubt it, the 'real tour' started THIS evening in CAPE TOWN and is pretty much what to expect in the coming months. In general i think that people should try to enjoy the moment instead of concentrating on trying to record the complete concert on their mobile devices.

Heres the setlist. Im posting from my phone. Will edit at home. Good mix of old and new songs. Gpasuyf was mindblowingly orgasmix!

Hurs like heaven

Yellow

In my place

Charlie brown(one eyr watchin) 

Paradise

Lost

Violet hil

God pull a smile

The acientist

Tus agenst th world

Shiver!

Mexoca fone wave

Til kongdom come

Politik

Viva la vida

Major minuse( all th boys)

Life is for living

Encore

Clocks

Rehab

Fix you

Everytear drop

So they added 2 songs, Shiver and Till Kingdom Come.

We don't need more new songs...they could play just some older classics like Speed of Sound or LiJ or Trouble and so on.

Can't believe the setlist is right. Til kingdom come? Charlie Brown and Major Minus changed positions?!

He did note that those 2 where interchangeable. So I believe it's Major Minus early, and Charlie Brown later on.

I doubt it, the 'real tour' started THIS evening in CAPE TOWN and is pretty much what to expect in the coming months. In general i think that people should try to enjoy the moment instead of concentrating on trying to record the complete concert on their mobile devices.

Exactly. In Atlanta my son wound up recording just Fix You for me. I was so focused that I was even annoyed when the balloons hit me in the face. I just wanted to stare at the guys and sing my heart out and soak it all in. LOL I wish the setlist were long, but I walked away very satisfied.

Swap Charlie Brown and Major Minus around. That's how it went

Mexican phone wave was pretty amazing :D Too bad I didn't have a phone :(

Was pretty surprised at an uncensored version of Jay-Z - 99 Problems being played loud right before they came on.

Swap Charlie Brown and Major Minus around. That's how it went

Mexican phone wave was pretty amazing :D Too bad I didn't have a phone :(

Was pretty surprised at an uncensored version of Jay-Z - 99 Problems being played loud right before they came on.

Swapped. Thanks for the correction. I only heard both tracks for the first time yesterday. I knew the words(and was the only one in my area singing along) but not the titles lol.