✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town, South Africa

UPDATE: MAY 9TH 2011

saflag.jpg

South African shows announced

9 May 2011 6:45 am

Dates in Johannesburg and Cape Town in October

Good morning. We're very pleased to report that Coldplay will be heading to South Africa in October to play their first ever shows in the country. The dates are as follows:

5th October - Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town

8th October - FNB Stadium, Johannesburg

Tickets go on sale from Computicket.com and 083 915 8000 at 9am (local time) on Thursday 12th May.

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=718

Coldplay-w640.jpg

Reports - Coldplay to visit South Africa in October 2011 (announcement expected Monday)

Coldplay will visit South Africa in October 2011 for two concerts, one in Joburg and one in Cape Town, according to hints from certain local media outlets and DJs overnight. But there is a media embargo on releasing official announcements through the stations until Monday morning - so we've heard.

That embargo is being maintained by Prime Media’s radio outlets until tomorrow. Only then will an announcement about a visit by "one of England's biggest arena bands who are coming to South Africa for the first time" (as hinted at on one of the stations yesterday afternoon) be made. Earlier today, 94.7/KFM radio jock Mark Pilgrim also made a number of not so subtle hints about the announcement on-air.

His 'clues' included a suggestion that the band has 4 members and that they hail from the United Kingdom. The clincher by far though was his suggestion that one of band members has a child named Apple (Chris Martin does with his wife, actress Gwyneth Paltrow).

With that sort of information around, it’s really not surprising that well connected people (connected in the interwebs sense) are again in a position to beat the official information release. Suspicions are for earlier in the month rather than later as Coldplay are scheduled to appear at the Rock in Rio festival on 1st October, and could hop across to visit South Africa from there.

At least that is what all the rumour and gossip is telling us. You’ve gotta love a good and groovy live concert rumour mill. The promoters and media houses get forced into meeting press release embargoes and the <a href=http://search.twitter.com/search?lang=en&max_id=67119630950465536&page=2&q=coldplay+south+africa target="_blank">Twitterverse</a> gets to talk all they want. Should the information turn out to be accurate – and there’s no obvious reason why it won’t – then the concerts in South Africa will be the only true Coldplay concerts for 2011. All their other scheduled 2011 live appearances so far are at Music Festivals.

According to the Bla Bla blog, dates being suggested are for Cape Town only at this stage, and the dats they've picked up is the 5th - a Wednesday. Could it be that Joburg will see weekend dates around those? We’ll wait and see what news Monday brings, and will add the official concert dates and ticket information to this as soon as it is confirmed.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm South African!! I've been just about dying over this news for the past two days! I sincerely hope that there is a show in Joburg, as I wouldn't be able to make a show on a Wednesday. I will have to travel quite far either way, but I've been waiting for this for quite a few years, so I am extremely excited!

^ I'm so glad for you! :nice:

Hmm...this is interesting, because these won't be festival dates, will they? So...just one off shows OR the start of a full blown world tour??? :thinking:

:wideeyed:

Have we got any members from South Africa! Would be amazing for them!

I'm sure there are a couple. And now you have one more!

Thanks for highlighting our BlaBla Blog post from the weekend guys. As others have mentioned, the radio stations have been doing a ridiculous job of keeping things under wraps over the weekend.

Confirmation came on air this morning. Cape Town on Wednesday 05 October at the Cape Town Stadium. Johannesburg on Saturday 08 October at the FNB Stadium. Tickets for both go on sale via local ticket merchant Computicket on Thursday this week.

I'll keep you updated as we get more details and information.

Peace & Parachutes

Greg - The BlaBla Blog in South Africa

My wife and I will definitely try to go!

Sorry for possibly being ignorant but is there any type of Coldplay fan club or something to buy presale tickets to these shows? If anyone can advise I would appreciate it. I might be missing obvious things on their site.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Show Presales

Hi,

I am planning to going to the Cape Town show with my wife and I'd like to know what (if any) the presale procedure for Coldplay is?

If there's a fan club or membership that I can join for this privilege I will do so, I just really do not want to miss out on this opportunity.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Malherbe

My wife and I will definitely try to go!

Sorry for possibly being ignorant but is there any type of Coldplay fan club or something to buy presale tickets to these shows? If anyone can advise I would appreciate it. I might be missing obvious things on their site.

Any advice would be appreciated!

There is no where you can go to get pre sale tickets. I would recommend doing it all official to make sure you don't get ripped off. Which is,

'from Computicket.com and 083 915 8000 at 9am (local time) on Thursday 12th May. '

By this you are making sure you won't get ripped off. :)

Hi and welcome to Coldplaying! Coldplay does not generally have presales nor a members club that provides an advantage unfortunately. So it will be first come first served. I would however keep an eye/ear out on the local media to ensure you don't miss any promotions that arise from than angle :)

TICKET SALE

I am a South African and I just cannot believe they are coming to SA- I am so excited it is ridiculous! It is such a shame that they aren't coming to Durban, it is so expensive to travel to Joburg for a concert. If anyone has any idea on when and where they will be going on sale I would REALLY appreciate it! The Kings of Leon ticket sale was horrendous and hardly anyone could get tickets as the lines were so long. Please let me know! Thank you in advance.

I am very worried about tickets. I am more than willing to travel to Joburg for this, but I am just worried that there will be an issue with Computicket on the day. Fingers crossed that everything works out though, and seeing that the stadium holds a ridiculous amount of people, we should be able to get some form of tickets even if they are not golden circle. I am too excited!

I lived in SA for 18 years and loved coldplay for 8 of those years and they never came to SA... Now I live in New Zealand and they're going to SA... So I'm flying over there to go watch my favourite band live with my good old friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Big Concerts:

HI COLDPLAY FANS!

The maximum amount of tickets allowed per person for purchase is as follows:

20 per person at the Computicket outlets

8 per person trhough the call centre

8 per person online

Get your tickets ASAP!!

Cape Town – presented by 94.5 KFM and M-Net

Wednesday 5th October 2011

Cape Town Stadium

Tickets from R270 – R635

Cape Town Stage Setup + Prices:.