✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Foster The People

Raaj

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It means "help" kinda.

Their band name was originally Foster and the People, cause of the lead singers last name..but then they changed it.

Just to further elaborate (for those who don't know), the change wasn't on purpose. People kept leaving the "and" out of the original name when they were first starting out, and Mark Foster (the frontman) decided to keep it because he liked the idea of nuturing people, like you were saying about what "foster" meant. :nice:

Hahaah funny, cause we wanted to name our band the same way at first.

I discovered the band in the begining of August. I waited for a Coldplay concert which was at 3:30 am here so yeah kind of challenge. So I watched all the other bands because I didn't want to close my eyes. Well I heard a familiar song there. My brother had his 26th birthday next few days so I decided to buy him a CD. I didn't see The XX or Friendly Fires anywhere so I thugh of the concert. And that was a big faux pas because I bought him Foster The People and later discovered that the song which I recognized was "I can talk" but not by Foster The People, it was by Two Doors Cinema Club. But. He listened to the CD then his girlfriend and then me and we all liked it. Kind of funny story : D

• 3 weeks later...

so i first heard of this band hmm last year maybe? :thinking: I was listening to radio BBC1 (maybe)I was waiting for a coldplay song to play, i think Christmas lights was going to be released. anyways, Pumped up Kicks really got to me and i loved it! definitely the song of the summer.

I really like this band's style i find it so refreshing and interesting :) I saw them at Lollapalooza, but only the beginning of their set. where i was standing, the speakers werent working too well and it was so hot, and people were crazy so we left :P

I had heard Helena Beat a while ago and liked it, but i didnt know it was foster the people :P until two days ago! after hearing it i thought "why dont i have this album yet??" and I finally bought their album today :D

really hope they continue and dont just make one good album.

^ I'm pretty excited! I hope that along with Houdini, they play another song besides Pumped Up Kicks. :blank:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnFOElcvCIk]Foster the People SNL Teaser 2[/ame]

:awesome:

I really like this band's style i find it so refreshing and interesting :) I saw them at Lollapalooza, but only the beginning of their set. where i was standing, the speakers werent working too well and it was so hot, and people were crazy so we left :P

I saw the livestream, and the crowd looked pretty crazy! I hope you'll get to watch their full set live one day! I saw them at OSL, and they sounded great. They had so much energy on stage. :wacky:

^ I'm pretty excited! I hope that along with Houdini, they play another song besides Pumped Up Kicks. :blank:

I saw the livestream, and the crowd looked pretty crazy! I hope you'll get to watch their full set live one day! I saw them at OSL, and they sounded great. They had so much energy on stage. :wacky:

Yea me too! Hmm which one would you like? Oh they might play helena beat cuz its their new single :D

Yea they were! Lol. We left when they were playing "miss you" and as we were walking away I was like "damn, that sounds good!"

is OSL outside lands? :P

omg, I've been watching live performances of theirs this past week, they just look like they give it their all! I love it, and love Mark's dance moves :P *shoulder dance*

I also hope I get to see their full set! They r coming to SF and im trying to find someone to take me!

this is seriously my second favorite band (coldplay #1 :P) and I had not been excited for a band like this since I began listening to coldplay :D

Yea me too! Hmm which one would you like? Oh they might play helena beat cuz its their new single :D

Yea they were! Lol. We left when they were playing "miss you" and as we were walking away I was like "damn, that sounds good!"

is OSL outside lands? :P

omg, I've been watching live performances of theirs this past week, they just look like they give it their all! I love it, and love Mark's dance moves :P *shoulder dance*

I also hope I get to see their full set! They r coming to SF and im trying to find someone to take me!

this is seriously my second favorite band (coldplay #1 :P) and I had not been excited for a band like this since I began listening to coldplay :D

I'm kind of hoping for Call It What You Want, but Helena Beat would be really awesome too. I love that song.

Yep, Outside Lands!

I've been checking out a bunch of their live performances too! I really like Mark's little shoulder dance. :lol: That, and his shuffling. :awesome:

Did you already get tickets to the SF gig? By the time I knew about it, they were all sold out. :bigcry:

I'm kind of hoping for Call It What You Want, but Helena Beat would be really awesome too. I love that song.

Yep, Outside Lands!

I've been checking out a bunch of their live performances too! I really like Mark's little shoulder dance. :lol: That, and his shuffling. :awesome:

Did you already get tickets to the SF gig? By the time I knew about it, they were all sold out. :bigcry:

Oh yes I :heart: call it what you want! I love helena beat also, so amazing!

I wish I could have gone to outside lands :(

I shoulder danced before I knew him, so it was awesome that he was doing it. Ahaha. Yea I love his shuffling! I've tried to do it :P

I know me too! :( I saw it sold out but is stub hub reliable? Cuz they still got some ticckets that's where im planning to gett them from :\

Oh yes I :heart: call it what you want! I love helena beat also, so amazing!

I wish I could have gone to outside lands :(

I shoulder danced before I knew him, so it was awesome that he was doing it. Ahaha. Yea I love his shuffling! I've tried to do it :P

I know me too! :( I saw it sold out but is stub hub reliable? Cuz they still got some ticckets that's where im planning to gett them from :\

Hopefully, you can go to OSL one year! :hug:

Haha, that's pretty cool! I'll need to try the shuffling. :lol:

I've never tried StubHub, but I just did some Google-ing on it. It seems pretty safe, but maybe you should ask others about it, just in case.

Hopefully, you can go to OSL one year! :hug:

Haha, that's pretty cool! I'll need to try the shuffling. :lol:

I've never tried StubHub, but I just did some Google-ing on it. It seems pretty safe, but maybe you should ask others about it, just in case.

I hope so too! It sucks cuz I had forgotten about it, and when I remembered, I cheked for tickets. But I checked the day aftter the festival was over lol. I had never been to a festival before, so now that I know what to expect, ill be ready for OSL :D

Haha their songs just make you wanna shuffle that way, so I couldn't help it :P try it its fun! :dance:

Yea, Ill ask :)

have you ever been to a show at the Fillmore? I don't know what to expect from it :P

I hope so too! It sucks cuz I had forgotten about it, and when I remembered, I cheked for tickets. But I checked the day aftter the festival was over lol. I had never been to a festival before, so now that I know what to expect, ill be ready for OSL :D

Haha their songs just make you wanna shuffle that way, so I couldn't help it :P try it its fun! :dance:

Yea, Ill ask :)

have you ever been to a show at the Fillmore? I don't know what to expect from it :P

No, I haven't been to one at the Fillmore. I think I've only been to two actual venues in my life so far, and they weren't huge. :lol: The Fillmore looks pretty large, though.

i love foster the people, and i listen to them all the time [: when i played "Pumped Up Kicks"mt little sister thought it said;

"All the other kids, with the pumped up kitchen, blatha run blatha run, out run my gum! All the other kids, with the pumped up kicks, blatha run blatha run, faster than my bucket!"

i was liek "wow @_@"