✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Foster The People

Raaj

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them yesterday, and it was freakin awesome! I was in the center two people away from the stage! Saw cutie Mark Foster so close. And shufflling across the stage :heart: the crowd was great, we sang along to alll the songs. So the band had a good time. :)

Oh and they left before playing pumped up kicks, so we screamed for the encore. And I got people to start chanting "pumped up kicks". They came back of course, then played a song that didn't make it on the album called "Ruby" it was a nice song. Then......pumped up kicks!! They extended the song so we could sing along longer. They even brought out band members from the other acts, they danced along in a conga line :P

it was just awesome :dance:

Im gonna try to put some pics later :)

^ That sounds so fun! Especially that conga line. That's great that you had an awesome time, and you were close to the stage too!

In a Lollapalooza interview, Mark Foster said they're planning to release Ruby "soon", but he didn't say if it would be on LP2. :thinking: It sounds like a pretty nice song. Sad, but nice.

ETA: Okay, he might have meant that they would start playing Ruby (after that interview), not release it.

^ That sounds so fun! Especially that conga line. That's great that you had an awesome time, and you were close to the stage too!

In a Lollapalooza interview, Mark Foster said they're planning to release Ruby "soon", but he didn't say if it would be on LP2. :thinking: It sounds like a pretty nice song. Sad, but nice.

ETA: Okay, he might have meant that they would start playing Ruby (after that interview), not release it.

haha yea, it was quite funny that conga line :P I still cant believe how close i was!! so close to Mark Foster :D though it was tough at times with people next to you drunk trying to get in front of you and people behind you drunk and almost fighting and pushing you, also trying to get to the front! I think at one point even Mark noticed the commotion of the fight behind me. funny thing is all i thought was "ha! he is looking in my direction!:D"

Ruby is stuck in my head right now :P i really liked it, cuz i love his voice. hmm i dont remember too clearly, i was probably too excited to pay attention. but it sounded like it would be released for the next album, but i dont know. I just know he said it would be released eventually :P

I've only heard Pumped Up Kicks by them...........

ARE THEY ANY GOOD?!?

yes they are GOOD!:D

their whole album is really addicting and it makes you wanna dance :dance:

try listening to "Helena Beat" and "Houdini"

but all their songs are quite enjoyable :)

they are also very good live!

I still love them. :dazzled:

I have to say Miss You is definitely the best song. Four favorites are Miss You, Broken Jaw, Call it What You Want and Life on the Nickel. But I do love the whole album.

Am I the only one watching them at ACL right now

I was there! So great. Met the band for the second time and Mark Foster for the 3rd time. We're so getting married. :mellow:

I've only heard Pumped Up Kicks by them...........

ARE THEY ANY GOOD?!?

Ivet I think you'll like the rest of the album better. I do at least.

On a local radio station they play Pumped Up Kicks all the time, which is nice cause I like that song and this band. But the extremely annoying people who talk on the station in the morning were complaining about how they thought the song was an innocent happy song because there is "whistling and it reminds them of their sneakers they'd wear when they were children". And then they said they were really disappointed when they listened closely and heard the word gun in the song.

I still love them. :dazzled:

I have to say Miss You is definitely the best song. Four favorites are Miss You, Broken Jaw, Call it What You Want and Life on the Nickel. But I do love the whole album.

I was there! So great. Met the band for the second time and Mark Foster for the 3rd time. We're so getting married. :mellow:

Ivet I think you'll like the rest of the album better. I do at least.

Miss you is definitely a stand out. All their songs make me wanna dance, but that one in particular makes me wanna go crazy! Lol. Definitely got the crowd going at the Fillmore :D

Lucky! I would love to meet Mark Foster!! I would be hella nervous though :P

• 2 weeks later...

I love how they are getting popular now..I still remember listening to them with my friend for the first time on our little indie radio station..they've come a long way!

Oh and the new video is awesome, I lol'd at the part with the lipstick.

I've been waiting for the Don't Stop video since September when they posted pics of the video shoot on their Twitter. I hope they didn't scrap it. :sad: Still, the video for Call It What You Want was pretty great. Really amusing at some parts too.

Life on the Nickel and Miss You have been growing on me lately.

I've been waiting for the Don't Stop video since September when they posted pics of the video shoot on their Twitter. I hope they didn't scrap it. :sad: Still, the video for Call It What You Want was pretty great. Really amusing at some parts too.

Life on the Nickel and Miss You have been growing on me lately.

Well they said they would eventually put it out also houdini :D

Yea I laughed at the lipstick part also haha.

Im still not tired of Torches I've listened to it everyday for a month straight. I just love his voice and how he has such a good versatility with it, he can go low and very high.

I really love this band! I think its noticeable :P

• 2 weeks later...