✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' will be on LP5?

This. I definitely think it will be on the album, and I think it will be the closing song. Here's a snippet from the Billboard article: In that context, combined with other theories I've read about the album dealing with the whole idea of an uprising against an oppressive entity (government or otherwise), ETIAW could almost serve as a sort of victory song. Lyrically, it takes on a whole new meaning if it is referring to success of a fight against oppressive forces, and it seems to me like the perfect end to such a story.

Wow, something like this did never occur to me. Now that I read it, I'm beginning to believe that, if ETIAW's on the album, it doesn't have to be a bad thing at all.

The only thing that bothers me is that it might prevent the inclusion of another beautiful song in the album. I'll be much disappointed if they ditch Hurts like Heaven.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, something like this did never occur to me. Now that I read it, I'm beginning to believe that, if ETIAW's on the album, it doesn't have to be a bad thing at all.

The only thing that bothers me is that it might prevent the inclusion of another beautiful song in the album. I'll be much disappointed if they ditch Hurts like Heaven.

Same here. It seems like the perfect opener (with MX as an intro of course). Then again, who knows how it will fit in with the album's story? I mean, I was pretty disappointed when I read that Moving To Mars would probably be axed, but now that I look at it, it makes sense. We know that there are a few variations of the tracklist the guys are considering, and I'm willing to bet on one of them they swapped out ETIAW for MTM. In the Billboard quote I posted earlier, Chris mentioned the album would have a happy ending depending on the sequencing. Again, looking at the album as one story, both ETIAW and MTM seem to refer to the aftermath of a revolt against oppressive forces. ETIAW is the "happy ending," where MTM sounds more like some part of the revolt was successful ("government is overthrown") but that the two characters will ultimately be separated. Just my two cents, and while I love MTM, we already have an official release of it, and personally I'd much rather see the album have a happy ending.

Same thing goes for Hurts Like Heaven. I'd love for it to be the opener, but really all I want is for SOME sort of official release of a studio recording. If the story of Mylo Xyloto is better told without HLH, then I'm all for it. But at least give me HLH as a b-side or something! :P

I think it will be on the album, although I would personally prefer it not to be and have another fresh unheard song in its place.

There is nothing wrong with ETIAW, I personally love it and get excited when it comes on the radio, I just don't want it taking the place of an unheard song, especially since its already been released.

I really really really don't want it to be on the album, but when they announced the name of the album and the new single, they did say "The next single from the album is called Paradise," so obviously ETIAW is also going to be on the album as well. Unless they've released another single since ETIAW that I'm unaware of.

• 1 month later...
I think they didn't know how the public will receive the song (it's quite different). If it was a flop, they would not include it to LP5 but since the song is doing well, it's DEFINITELY going to be included.

I didn't like the song at first but now I freaking love it. It's not an instant hit but in few weeks, you won't stop listening to it.

true that! i first also thought that this song sounded so weird to me. but after i listened to it many times, i fell in loveeeeee <3