✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' will be on LP5?

I think Coldplay just wanna tell us with this song "Ok, this is when VLVADAOHF finish and a new era begin" 'cause I must say ETIAW doesn't fit any description we've read all this time. And I guees they were looking for something fresh to hold this upcoming shows and ETIAW play his role.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. What about other 6 new songs? They won't be on LP5 either? Or Teardrop is only a b-side single, which actually ended private gig. And it was told before Waterdrop would be closing track in LP5. The cover art has graffiti. And LP5 was inspired by graffiti. So in the end it wouldn't be on LP5? Weird.

Yes.

And we ran out of spray paint so that won't be the theme of our next album.

The new album's artwork will be based on melted fair trade chocolate.

^

Trying not to spit hot tea all over my fellow Starbucks patrons from laughter, I choked instead. Rather loudly too. :laugh3: Hilarious.

Will the new album have a scratch & sniff cover art?

The fact that they haven't said anything about it being on LP5 or even announcing LP5's name and release date makes me wonder what they're up to.

MAYBE they haven't said anything because it's too obvious...:rolleyes:

I hope it's just a summer festival thing..I mean it doesn't really fit their more "stipped down" theory...

But I still voted Yes.

That's one of the reasons why I'm confused, but I voted no :P

I hope it's just a summer festival thing..I mean it doesn't really fit their more "stipped down" theory...

But I still voted Yes.

Really, this statement of "less fanfare" and stripped down is from about 2 years or?

The plan changed often like roadie said so I think we can't be sure that the new one will be calm.

The Pierces said that they scrapped the first attempt at LP5 and started again, but they recently started reworking some of the scrapped songs to fit the current album. This gives the impression that the original plan was to make a stripped down album recorded in a church but they've moved on from that idea. Bear in mind Chris talked about the acoustic idea 2 years ago. A lot could have changed since then.

There were also reports a few months ago about Will wanting to do a rave/dance album, and if ETIAW is anything to go by then that's the sort of thing that they're going for.

Guest howyousawtheworld
The Pierces said that they scrapped the first attempt at LP5 and started again, but they recently started reworking some of the scrapped songs to fit the current album. This gives the impression that the original plan was to make a stripped down album recorded in a church but they've moved on from that idea. Bear in mind Chris talked about the acoustic idea 2 years ago. A lot could have changed since then.

There were also reports a few months ago about Will wanting to do a rave/dance album, and if ETIAW is anything to go by then that's the sort of thing that they're going for.

The Pierces said nothing of the sort and have been misquoted by The Gaurdian. The song they performed on was scrapped but not the whole sessions.

I'm not certain if this song will be on the album. It's strange they'd choose an album closer for a lead single. Maybe a one off single or a selling point for a future greatest hits/singles album. Who knows!

All this talk of this song as an album closer leaves me pretty disappointed. The song isn't terrible, though I can't really say that it does a great job of impressing me either. Either way it's a pretty steep drop off of quality from death and all his friends to this as a closer. I'm hoping it's not on Lp5 at all.

If they said so, of course. Plus it fits the White Rose Movement theme, and the sound is weird enough...

And the people saying that's it's not gonna be on the album are mostly the ones who didn't like it.

How does it fit the white rose movement?