✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' will be on LP5?

I think they didn't know how the public will receive the song (it's quite different). If it was a flop, they would not include it to LP5 but since the song is doing well, it's DEFINITELY going to be included.

I didn't like the song at first but now I freaking love it. It's not an instant hit but in few weeks, you won't stop listening to it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they didn't know how the public will receive the song (it's quite different). If it was a flop, they would not include it to LP5 but since the song is doing well, it's DEFINITELY going to be included.

I didn't like the song at first but now I freaking love it. It's not an instant hit but in few weeks, you won't stop listening to it.

True . It has been stuck in my head all of this days :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

haha, true that!

Well I suppose now we definitely know for that it will be on the album (the Billboard article confirms it). It's a good, fun listen, but not a particularly astounding song. But in Coldplay's history, their album's lead single is neither the new album's best track nor a good indication of the new album's musical direction. (Yellow, In My Place, and Speed of Sound are all poppy, upbeat tracks on otherwise dark and moody records, while Violet Hill is just the opposite).

Unfortunately I think it'll be on there. I was just hoping that it wouldn't because A) we've all heard it before, B) I've bought it three times, C) the manager said in the interview that the album theme was a lot weaker in the music video and D) it just isn't a strong song. It's not going anywhere, say, Violet Hill has. Even though it was much more successful, it's hardly memorable. It's just pop-fluff.

i think it will be on the ep as the album's opener. The more i listen to it, the more i can hear the allusions to the other potential songs that could be on mylo xyloto.

For instance..."my 'heart' start beating to my favorite song" (charlie brown). "All the 'kids' they dance, and the 'kids all night" (car kids?). "Until monday morning" (tomorrow?). "And 'heaven' is in sight"; "you can't hurt me bad" (hurts like heaven). "as we soar" (up with the birds?). "emerge blinking into" (U.F.O?). "Every siren" (major minus). Also there's a similar ending to PoC in which there a repeat of the same word or phase. In etiaw, the repeat is et..et..etiaw, in Poc the repeat is..."so anybody...anybody..etc" I might be a little off on the last one but i do see a basic connection with the other songs.

i think it will be on the ep as the album's opener. The more i listen to it, the more i can hear the allusions to the other potential songs that could be on mylo xyloto.

For instance..."my 'heart' start beating to my favorite song" (charlie brown). "All the 'kids' they dance, and the 'kids all night" (car kids?). "Until monday morning" (tomorrow?). "And 'heaven' is in sight"; "you can't hurt me bad" (hurts like heaven). "as we soar" (up with the birds?). "emerge blinking into" (U.F.O?). "Every siren" (major minus). Also there's a similar ending to PoC in which there a repeat of the same word or phase. In etiaw, the repeat is et..et..etiaw, in Poc the repeat is..."so anybody...anybody..etc" I might be a little off on the last one but i do see a basic connection with the other songs.

Good first post.Like your Theory.It makes sense!!

Agreed. At first I hated the song and didn't want to listen to it. But then I forced myself to listen to it and its grown on me since:smug:

But if it's gonna be on the album, I know some of us are going to be annoyed because we are going to have to buy the song again :confused:

ive tried..ive reallllyy tried to like this song...i cant..its hands down the worst songs i have ever heard...and possibly the laziest put together songs ever...its dreadful and annoying to listen to..when i need something to make fun of i listen to it...wa-wa-waterfall LMFAOO :lol: everytime it plays i get a random vivid image that this song would be played in gay clubs :lol: sad really

I've already posted this in another thread but...:P

I'm still thinking ETIAW will not be on MX because, in one hand, they didn't announce it as the first single from LP5. If it was, why do they not say it clearly ?

Move over, don't forget they release a ETIAW EP with B sides, special vinyl and all these things... for me, that proves they don't want include it on MX. :thinking:

And finally, if it's on LP5, that means they would release this song 3 times ?! No, that's ridiculous ! :stunned:

As soon as Paradise was announced as the 'next' single from MX I think it was pretty much confirmed that ETIAW will be on MX. It's a terrible way to end the album though when songs like Charlie Brown and Major Minus have gone before it. If it is on the album I hope they close it with a different track.

As soon as Paradise was announced as the 'next' single from MX I think it was pretty much confirmed that ETIAW will be on MX. It's a terrible way to end the album though when songs like Charlie Brown and Major Minus have gone before it. If it is on the album I hope they close it with a different track.

For me, ETIAW is the first single...of LP5 era ! So Paradise is the next... :wink3:

I think, at the beginning, they wanted to include it but after many tracklisting discussions, they've changed their mind and that's why they released this EP.

And when I look at the charts, I don't see ETIAW as a succesfull single finally so...:thinking:

To be fair, I really didn't care for Violet Hill until Viva la Vida came out and I was able to hear it in context. Teardrop is a good song, so maybe after I hear it on the album I'll walk away thinking of it as a great song.
This. I definitely think it will be on the album, and I think it will be the closing song. Here's a snippet from the Billboard article:
"Mylo Xyloto" is a concept album at its core. "A story... loosely a kind of romance in an oppressive environment," Martin explains, adding that (as of now) the "love story" will have a happy ending-depending on sequencing.
In that context, combined with other theories I've read about the album dealing with the whole idea of an uprising against an oppressive entity (government or otherwise), ETIAW could almost serve as a sort of victory song. Lyrically, it takes on a whole new meaning if it is referring to success of a fight against oppressive forces, and it seems to me like the perfect end to such a story.