✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 'negative' ETIAW discussion

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im optimistic about the new album and i still totally respect and love coldplay. i mean christmas lights was amazing, although not very different i understand. But how come radiohead or arctic monkeys can do something new without being total sellouts and be GOOD?!

im optimistic about the new album and i still totally respect and love coldplay. i mean christmas lights was amazing, although not very different i understand. But how come radiohead or arctic monkeys can do something new without being total sellouts and be GOOD?!

Oh fuck what is this. I don't even.

the title of this thread made me laugh

Lets see... I don't like

- Chris' voice, sounds like they used autotune or something

- THE LYRICS

- that they used an old song

- the pop sound, because it's not good pop, seems like another summer song

- THE LYRICS

- The Title (It doesnt matter really)

the title of this thread made me laugh

Lets see... I don't like

- Chris' voice, sounds like they used autotune or something

- THE LYRICS

- that they used an old song

- the pop sound, because it's not good pop, seems like another summer song

- THE LYRICS

- The Title (It doesnt matter really)

Completely agree. I started listening to Coldplay before X&Y was out, and I really like everything they've ever done, and I respect an artists desire to change, but this has been the first time I have EVER been disappointed in anything they've done.

I can't believe it!

I still am hoping the album will be good.

what's next lip syn

close enough... the use pre recorded vocal tracks live (for Viva La Vida), so it's the same thing.

I'm negative on the band overall. The song has terrible lyrics, is too annoying, and is just a bad song. It tries to be catchy and an anthem song which it seems is all the band cares about. I feel the band themselves really care much more about trying to make a popular song that appeals to younger crowds rather than write and release quality songs. And if you ask how I can't say this is a quality song, just give a listen to songs from their earlier albums like Trouble or Spies or Amsterdam. If you can honestly tell me that the quality of music they are producing, writing and recording is better now then it was before I think it's sad.

Coldplay are way past their prime. Their first two albums were great pieces of music that I will always visit. I still like songs from X&Y (I used to be obsessed with it) but I'm not into it nearly as much as I used to. After that I like just a few songs here and there, but not many.

Completely agree. I started listening to Coldplay before X&Y was out, and I really like everything they've ever done, and I respect an artists desire to change, but this has been the first time I have EVER been disappointed in anything they've done.

I can't believe it!

I still am hoping the album will be good.

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeed:\

This song is catchy, in an annoying way.

I especially especially dislike near the ending, starting around the 2:50 mark when Chris goes 'it was a w-w-w-waterfall' ....

OH, gosh. At this point I want to plug my ears, reach for Parachutes or one of the old b-sides.

ETIAW is like corn syrup. sweet but shitty, presumably lots of people will like it and consume

close enough... the use pre recorded vocal tracks live (for Viva La Vida), so it's the same thing.

I'm negative on the band overall. The song has terrible lyrics, is too annoying, and is just a bad song. It tries to be catchy and an anthem song which it seems is all the band cares about. I feel the band themselves really care much more about trying to make a popular song that appeals to younger crowds rather than write and release quality songs. And if you ask how I can't say this is a quality song, just give a listen to songs from their earlier albums like Trouble or Spies or Amsterdam. If you can honestly tell me that the quality of music they are producing, writing and recording is better now then it was before I think it's sad.

Coldplay are way past their prime. Their first two albums were great pieces of music that I will always visit. I still like songs from X&Y (I used to be obsessed with it) but I'm not into it nearly as much as I used to. After that I like just a few songs here and there, but not many.

Agree - their first two albums will always be great

Disagree - Coldplay arent past their prime........they can't songwriting and making isnt sports.........unlike sports you are suppose to get better with age

I JUST HOPE THAT LP5 MAKES UP FOR THIS SAMPLING GARBAGE

There isnt anything wrong with the act of 'sampling' itself, if the new song is fresh and good. Its the fact that the song is bad that we should be worried abotu. Id be happy for coldplay to do remixs of other bands for the next five years as long as the music isnt shit.

People Please Stop lying to yourselves the song is garbage in every aspect, I'm very disappointed.

Is this 3 or 4 years of creativity?

just copying another song and adding new ridicules lyrics to it, this will not make it a good song or a come back song , the radio people like this because they like this kind of stupid songs.

noisy, Chris voice not even there, I think the computer is singing no emotion.

Apparatjik Music is more meaningful than this, I just figure it out why Guy is bored with Chris's Pop style and R&p friends, and he is looking for people who make real music.

Sorry for writing this but you can see how much I love Coldplay music and how disappointed I'm right now.

I JUST HOPE THAT LP5 MAKES UP FOR THIS SAMPLING GARBAGE

i just hope they also know that this tear shit they released today is really shit.

also hoping they threw this one out as a single early on because it does not go with LP5 at all.

if not, well.. there is still the upcoming bon iver album to be excited about.. which is super super

thats the thing. it sounds so forced. they're trying so hard to make this ridiculous dance epic summer singalong that will make everyone happy, but they tried to hard to do that instead of just making music the natural way it feels like they have the past four albums. this is so much more processed / commercialized sounding. I love the album Viva, along with all their other albums, and the song Viva was my least favorite on that album, it was popppish but at leassst it was original! That song sounds so much better now!!!

they are past their prime because they have their heads so far up their asses that they can't be salvaged i'm afraid.

In all honestly, it's more of a case of Coldplay's vision of themselves not being in alignment with your vision of the band. I understand that you may not like the sound or overall direction they're taking for now and i'm not saying you're in anyway wrong to think the music isn't as good as the first three albums, but to assert the band's new direction to be the product of sheer arrogance is a little ignorant. We don't know much of what has inspired the new direction or who really had the final say. Eno has a reputation for pushing artists outside of their comfort zone. There's a few interviews with the likes of U2, David Byrne and Talking Heads concerning this.

Again, nothing personal against you or engaging in any kind of argument with you, just giving you my $0.02. Personally, I like the song and happy that we're not getting pale imitations of their first two albums simply for the fact that I have so much respect for those two records, i'd just hate to see even Coldplay try to outdo them.

In all honestly, it's more of a case of Coldplay's vision of themselves not being in alignment with your vision of the band. I understand that you may not like the sound or overall direction they're taking for now and i'm not saying you're in anyway wrong to think the music isn't as good as the first three albums, but to assert the band's new direction to be the product of sheer arrogance is a little ignorant. We don't know much of what has inspired the new direction or who really had the final say. Eno has a reputation for pushing artists outside of their comfort zone. There's a few interviews with the likes of U2, David Byrne and Talking Heads concerning this.

Again, nothing personal against you or engaging in any kind of argument with you, just giving you my $0.02. Personally, I like the song and happy that we're not getting pale imitations of their first two albums simply for the fact that I have so much respect for those two records, i'd just hate to see even Coldplay try to outdo them.

I appreciate your comment back being that it's in depth and thought out rather than just a "you don't know what you're talking about" post.

However I feel they have just abandoned their core fans from their first 2 albums. When you listen to VLV they sound like they are trying to achieve stadium or anthem songs. It's like they want to try so hard to be the biggest or most important band in the world. This is the impression I get from them. Whether it's the songs they've released recently or the outfits they wear or whatever you can tell they want fame so badly.

It's disappointing because I feel as a fan of their first 3 albums that I've been abandoned. It's not even their sound change. there's been bands I love that change their sound, but I still love them. For them it hasn't been a success.

I'll continue to listen to their first two albums (with b-sides), as well as about a handful of songs from the last two albums (with b-sides), but that's about it. I was hopeful the band would go back to their stripped down sound which worked so well for them, but I guess I was wrong.