✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 'negative' ETIAW discussion

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its ok, worst song on AROBTTH (which only makes it least best) What do you think is worst song? I'd guess dayllght. Can't be tracks 1 to 5 or 7, 8, 10,11

Honestly...for me, the worst would have to be In My Place. :nod: The lyrics are sub-par even for Martin. The riff is fun though.

That's not to say I don't like it, it's still a really good track. Like you said, it's just the least best. :)

Also, the title track is the best thing Coldplay have ever done. And Daylight is awesome.

Honestly...for me, the worst would have to be In My Place. :nod: The lyrics are sub-par even for Martin. The riff is fun though.

That's not to say I don't like it, it's still a really good track. Like you said, it's just the least best. :)

Also, the title track is the best thing Coldplay have ever done. And Daylight is awesome.

Took the words right out of my mouth

You are correct my friend Hartroc that rush is best song on that album and by the band. It's so gritty with awesome lyrics and the sound... its so dark and moody.. Love to hear it at night.

I feel like animals is similar in feeling and quality. U?

its clearly the worst song off of the album... all others songs on rush are heads above it. i'm not saying its bad, just not as good as the other songs. understand?

No, there are things i don't understand (teehee)

A Whisper "clearly" the worst song off the album? Um that might only be clear in your head.

The only doubtful song on there would probably be In My Place (imo)

I fucking love you. In My Place is so boring. The title track...just gorgeous.

meet me by the bridge

meet me by the lane...

No, there are things i don't understand (teehee)

A Whisper "clearly" the worst song off the album? Um that might only be clear in your head.

The only doubtful song on there would probably be In My Place (imo)

probably fair.. but in my place has great drums guitar and live energy.. after seeing them live 5 times i've integrated that song as awesome and i can see your points about it now.

Still that song is much better than ETIAWF. I didn't care for viva tour god smile (although loved talk remix) but even that song is better than waterfall. Its lyrics are weaker than any other song by them

You are correct my friend Hartroc that rush is best song on that album and by the band. It's so gritty with awesome lyrics and the sound... its so dark and moody.. Love to hear it at night.

I feel like animals is similar in feeling and quality. U?

Certainly! Animals is my second favorite Coldplay b-side, the first being How You See the World #2. But even that only wins by a little.

Does anyone else feel that the slide solo in A Rush of Blood to the Head (Live 2003) could possibly be the best Coldplay moment ever?

AROBTTH is definitely one of the best, if not the best.

Fucking intro is amazing and it just builds.

I don't know who the fuck these guys think they are now.

Used to be clever young guys.

Grew up to be fame hungry ****s who are oblivious as fuck.

I'm angry.

Rawr.

im optimistic about the new album and i still totally respect and love coldplay. i mean christmas lights was amazing, although not very different i understand. But how come radiohead or arctic monkeys can do something new without being total sellouts and be GOOD?!

i don't understaaand

I really dislike the song... First I was like...it's nothing special but it might work. But now, it's one of my least favorite Coldplay songs...Probably next to that old song No more keeping my feet on the ground...Which I can't stand. Anyway...

Having heard the other songs on YouTube I really hope that Every Tear won't be on the album...Or if it is, that it will be a bonus track... Or at least NOT a single. Too lame for the leading single IMO. And yes, it disappoints me that they used the sample very much so!

Certainly! Animals is my second favorite Coldplay b-side, the first being How You See the World #2. But even that only wins by a little.

Does anyone else feel that the slide solo in A Rush of Blood to the Head (Live 2003) could possibly be the best Coldplay moment ever?

Exactly. Best thing ever. Absolutely nothing compares.

About ETIAW:

Bad lyrics, synth sound and stupid ripped melody makes me puke. As immature as it can be.

I can already imagine myself listening to LP5 and having a good time, then, for the final song, hearing the afwul synths kick in and ultimately being left with a bad feeling. A feeling I had after seeing their incredible performance yesterday, and I'm afraid I will have it again after their concert I'll attend at Rock Werchter next month. It's like having the best delicious multi-course meal, and then eating shit immediately afterwards. It's that taste that will be in your mouth and you'll feel as if you haven't eaten anything else, anything good. (Note: I have never eaten shit, I can only imagine what it tastes like.)

I'm also no big fan of this song. So happy that the other new songs played at the festivals are way better than this one.

I would also agree that it is the most flat song Coldplay ever made....I think Coldplay just did this track to jump onto the dance trend in popular music and as a seller for the new album. It does not even come close to Viva la vida, although I always considered this to be one of their worse songs.

ETIAW starts in the beginning with this awful sample which I always associate with Verona Feldbusch (German fans will understand ;)).

Afterwards the verses always repeat this "stolen" melody, the vocals are not interesting, it is overproduced etc.. Yeah, live it functions a bit better but that does not change the fact that it will be on the studio album and sound very cheesy.

The only things I appreciate about this song are the drums at the end and that it will be the final track on the album so I don't have to skip :D.