✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Glasto Cinema showings cancelled, some ticket refunds need processing before 25th June

MartinFan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the place where I got my tickets and he said that Coldplay themselves cancelled all the shows. I don't know why, but thats what he said.

I heard it has something with Glastonbury, perhaps some technical issues? :shrug:

But maybe they are not sure about the show. The first one in Germany was quite average by their own standards.

so has anyone here gotten an actual cash refund or are they trying to stick you with gift cards? i bought three tickets already and i really dont need $60 worth of "movie cash" but i have a feeling thats what im gonna end up with...

I bought thru Fandango online, then called the Regal Cinema, the manager told me to bring the printed out tickets to the box office and I would get a full refund, also they would give me free movie tickets for my trouble, BUT you need to do this before JUNE 25th. Make sure you ask for some free movie tickets if they were not offered to you, it's their policy to do so.

Hi,

Just got a notification from Kinepolis Antwerp that it has indeed been cancelled and will get a full refund asap.

AAwwwwww :(

I was soooo looking forward to it! Damn you EMI/Coldplay/whatever

Edit: I got a notification about it too and it said That the band insisted on cancelling (together with EMI)

last year the bbc had the worldwide tv rights to Glasto. they showed it on "BBC Two, BBC Three and BBC Four and on four Red Button streams, complemented by live BBC Radio coverage from BBC 6 Music and BBC Radio 1 and a host of offerings at bbc.co.uk/glastonbury."

they then had a higlights show the following friday.

so you might get the sound on the radio but not sure about any video footage

check here nearer the time http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx is still set up to last year's festival at the moment though :(

Guest Osaka Sun

The secrecy around this is what really doesn't make any sense.

We had no official confirmation of anything, just a video linked to a Glastonbury website that was taken down only a few days later.

I'm gonna contact one of the managers of the Cineplex theatres in Toronto. For now we're just going to wait until something shows up, I guess.

last year the bbc had the worldwide tv rights to Glasto. they showed it on "BBC Two, BBC Three and BBC Four and on four Red Button streams, complemented by live BBC Radio coverage from BBC 6 Music and BBC Radio 1 and a host of offerings at bbc.co.uk/glastonbury."

they then had a higlights show the following friday.

so you might get the sound on the radio but not sure about any video footage

check here nearer the time http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx is still set up to last year's festival at the moment though :(

Ok, thanks! It's doubtful I will be able to see it in Canada - fingers crossed though!

I called the theatre I was going and they don't know whether its cancelled or not. I desperately hope its not! :(

KEEP CALLING..... If you don't and the 25th rolls round and you show up to see this, you will not, most likely get a refund. I'm sorry, but I am 99 percent sure, this is a cancellation of all show's worldwide.:(

KEEP CALLING..... If you don't and the 25th rolls round and you show up to see this, you will not, most likely get a refund. I'm sorry, but I am 99 percent sure, this is a cancellation of all show's worldwide.:(

They said to wait until the week it comes out, but I think that might be too late.

This is what was just emailed to me.

Dear Regal Patron:

I regret to inform you that the Coldplay Glastonbury 2011 Event that you purchased advanced tickets for has been cancelled. Please contact our Customer Relations Department by calling 1-877-TELL-REGAL, option 2 to receive a full refund.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have cause you…

Clint Roberts

Customer Relations Manager

Operational Services

Regal Entertainment Group

7132 Regal Lane

Knoxville, TN 37918

This is what was just emailed to me.

Dear Regal Patron:

I regret to inform you that the Coldplay Glastonbury 2011 Event that you purchased advanced tickets for has been cancelled. Please contact our Customer Relations Department by calling 1-877-TELL-REGAL, option 2 to receive a full refund.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have cause you…

Clint Roberts

Customer Relations Manager

Operational Services

Regal Entertainment Group

7132 Regal Lane

Knoxville, TN 37918

I got the same email this morning.