✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Cartoon Heart (Charlie Brown) sounds like Smashing Pumpkins?

sometimes I scared of what they might release it actually sounds like smashing pumpkins

just listen closely

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JluKDPtuHV0]YouTube - ‪Stand Inside Your Love‬‏[/ame]

Why just everyone seems to look out for some similarities with other songs? I can't understand... sorry.

When the VLV incident occurred, I believe a mass amount of people began to think that Coldplay does this with every song.

I'm drafting a letter to Billy Corgan so the court proceedings can begin ASAP. It's time to take a stand against Chris Martin's blatant disregard for the creative process and integrity in general. I'm also running filters on Coldplay's back catalog against my iTunes library to find any plagiarism we may have missed.

I do think that Chris invites this stuff because he often says they steal stuff in interviews. I know he's just goofing around, but I don't think he does himself any favors by inviting comparisons.

I'm drafting a letter to Billy Corgan so the court proceedings can begin ASAP. It's time to take a stand against Chris Martin's blatant disregard for the creative process and integrity in general. I'm also running filters on Coldplay's back catalog against my iTunes library to find any plagiarism we may have missed.

You're trolling right?

Heh. Funny troll is funny. :shifty:

Guest howyousawtheworld
sometimes I scared of what they might release it actually sounds like smashing pumpkins

just listen closely

Oh come on that is ridiculous! Now you're just nitpicking. It's probably true of Coldplay that following VLV everyone was ready to pounce. It's really quite sad especially with that example.

I think he's being ironic.

Uh, yeah. The fact that some people even thought I could be serious shows how ridiculous this whole "Coldplay copies everything!" notion has become.

As I said in another thread:

I can only laugh at the notion that something "new" can be done. Everything has a predecessor. Every book' date=' every film, every song, every haircut, every decision, every personality. Sometimes the lineage is traceable, sometimes it isn't. But it's always there. Every artist is indebted to other artists, who are indebted to other artists, and on and on and on.[/quote']

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...