✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 going to be awesome or epic?

Major_Love

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I always wondered if we were meant to choose between the two. In that case I'd go for epic, but I'd like awesome more. But anyway we don't know anything so...

I think epic would describe Viva and maybe a few songs off A Rush Of Blood (Politik and Clocks)

So, unless LP5 sounds like either of those albums, I'm going with awesome ^^

I'm sorry...I just meant if it will be good (awesome/epic) or bad (not awesome/epic)... ;)

Sorry for irritations... :(

Hey, no problem. I wasn't irritated. I even thought it was fun how people started to say one of the two, or simply "both".

I thought it would be funny to put up some suggestions about the size of LP5 and later you'll see back and compare it with your feeling when you heard the Longplayer... :)

Btw its a nice way to find out how EVERYBODY think about the new songs... So over 70 % says, based on the new songs, LP5 will be great, epic or awesome...that means that these songs are really fantastic... and this give me a kind feeling cause I didn't heard one of them until now... ;)

Furthermore I talk to an admin before I start the poll/thread.

but with songs like ETIAW..i smell a letdown cause LP5 hasnt really released any Ground breaking songs

I don't think any of the other songs we've heard so far have sounded anything like ETiaW. . . :thinking:

Us Against The World - simple, acoustic, wouldn't have been out of place on Parachutes

Major Minus - A Rush Of Blood To The Head comes to mind ;)

Charlie Brown - X&Y-type riffs, also reminds me of Yellow

Princess Of China - sounds like the long-lost sister of Viva La Vida (and would've been great on VLVoDAAHF)

Mx/Hurts Like Heaven - also could've worked quite well on VLV

I don't think you'll be disappointed with LP5 ;) :)

I'm not sure about UATW. It's acoustic and simple, but it's nothing compared to anything on Parachutes. Parachutes is not an acoustic or simple album.

The song is still nice though, it reminds me a lot more of the acoustic songs on Prospekt's March.

I don't think any of the other songs we've heard so far have sounded anything like ETiaW. . . :thinking:

Us Against The World - simple, acoustic, wouldn't have been out of place on Parachutes

Major Minus - A Rush Of Blood To The Head comes to mind ;)

Charlie Brown - X&Y-type riffs, also reminds me of Yellow

Princess Of China - sounds like the long-lost sister of Viva La Vida (and would've been great on VLVoDAAHF)

Mx/Hurts Like Heaven - also could've worked quite well on VLV

I don't think you'll be disappointed with LP5 ;) :)

i know, thats not what im saying, for example, AROBTTH had almost every track off that album was a HIT! this new album hasnt really released any "OMG! wow factors" there good, but not amazingggg, but its TOO early to tell.

But I say that this is a wonderful song... and now?

its still a bad song :lol: are you one of the few that think Ke$ha is a talented artist? cause its a bad song, deep down everyone knows it, i see people in the live footage their looks on their faces, it doesnt work its bland and boring, but if its on the B-Sides ill be okay with that, and in the end i will have more coinfidence in LP5 IF ETIAW is NOT on the album, cause that track is the weakest track on the album, well..the weakest song Coldplay has EVER released. :\

Well six of the seven possible songs they've finished complete enough to play live are available and they're sounding pretty good. Maybe epic.

Maybe the one that the private show got that we didn't hear was Alien Radio. Or DLIBYH. Or Great Expectations or Love In A Lethal Dose or something, I don't know. I'm hoping for a recording of Princess of China at Glastonbury the most, I think it's my favorite even from the poor to decent quality recordings from Rock im Park. :D:D

its still a bad song :lol: are you one of the few that think Ke$ha is a talented artist? cause its a bad song, deep down everyone knows it, i see people in the live footage their looks on their faces, it doesnt work its bland and boring, but if its on the B-Sides ill be okay with that, and in the end i will have more coinfidence in LP5 IF ETIAW is NOT on the album, cause that track is the weakest track on the album, well..the weakest song Coldplay has EVER released. :\

Sorry, I can't agree with you and your dourness is boring. Its ok for me if you don't like the song but your convinction about your personal taste is stupid.

Well six of the seven possible songs they've finished complete enough to play live are available and they're sounding pretty good. Maybe epic.

Maybe the one that the private show got that we didn't hear was Alien Radio. Or DLIBYH. Or Great Expectations or Love In A Lethal Dose or something, I don't know. I'm hoping for a recording of Princess of China at Glastonbury the most, I think it's my favorite even from the poor to decent quality recordings from Rock im Park. :D:D

I need a recording of Princess of China that doesn't have horrible bass distortion! :uhoh: Maybe we'll get one at Glasto . . .

But yeah, I really hope we get to hear Alien Radio someday because I have no idea what to expect from it; is it a love song? A jamfest like Violet Hill? Is going to be more epic than Politik (probably not, but I can hope!)

Also, Love In A Lethal Dose is a really cool name; I hope it makes it on LP5 :dance:

^ That was a song title that was written on a whiteboard during the 60 Minutes interview back in 2008/9

We also got Wedding Bells, Christmas Lights, Cartoon Heart, and a bunch of other possible titles

I see. Thanks! Thought we had a recent update about that one.