✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 going to be awesome or epic?

Major_Love

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

judging the new songs (without considering ETIAW), I think they are strong arguments to believe in the epicness of Major Minus (yes, that will be the title, I think). Specially Us Against the World.

Thanks, this is what I wanted to hear...a clear opinio based on the given songs until NOW!

Its clear that this can't be a serious suggestion...but its just interesting for me.

1. That's an opinion, not a fact.

2. You can't make a solid opinion on a album based on a chunk of live songs. You don't know which songs will be on there, or what order they'll be in, or even how the studio recordings will differ from the live versions. That seems a bit farfetched to me.

1. It's a fact, for me

2. Maybe, but still I think is going to be awesome.

You can't make a solid opinion on a album based on a chunk of live songs. You don't know which songs will be on there, or what order they'll be in, or even how the studio recordings will differ from the live versions. That seems a bit farfetched to me.

You can't, but you can have a vague idea at least.

Saying that this album will be "epic" or horrible without actually even having the full album available is just stupid, and just means some people won't be objective and their prejudgement will affect their LP5 opinion probably.

You can't make a solid opinion on a album based on a chunk of live songs. You don't know which songs will be on there, or what order they'll be in, or even how the studio recordings will differ from the live versions. That seems a bit farfetched to me.

Exactly! also, Debs said they don't even have a final tracklist yet, so no one knows if all these new songs will be part of it.

I voted maybe. From what I've heard from the live shows the new songs sound beyond amazing (Charlie Brown, Us Against The World, Hurts Like Heaven etc.). They certainly stand up well against Coldplay's older songs and I think the new stuff is some of the best they've ever written.

But as soon as I think Coldplay know what they're doing I remember Every Teardrop is A Waterfall and how underwhelming it was. And for some reason I keep thinking that only 1 or 2 of the new songs played live will actually be on the album which would be disappointing considering how fantastic they are.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that the five new songs played (not counting Every Teardrop) will not be on the album...? The album's only months away...does everyone really Coldplay would start playing throwaway songs that they won't end up releasing?

I don't think they won't include any of the songs, but they could leave one or two for an EP or maybe as a single b-side. I'm just saying we don't even know the tracklist (Even the oracle said they don't have a final tracklist yet) so it's kind of stupid to judge the album now (in a good or bad way, it doesn't matter)

Exactly! also, Debs said they don't even have a final tracklist yet, so no one knows if all these new songs will be part of it.

Really? O.O That means, that LP5 is really far away.... and that they just "test" some of the new material and there are likely some huge hits undiscovered until now.

Really? O.O That means, that LP5 is really far away.... and that they just "test" some of the new material and there are likely some huge hits undiscovered until now.

yeah look

"I just want to clear up that no album track listing has been announced so whether ETIAW appears on the album remains to be seen and is not for me to speculate upon. Until the album is mastered and totally ready it would be pointless. "

http://coldplay.com/oracledetail_pop.php?id=2095&page=0&iframe=true

Yes, everyone could be in for some lovely surprises!:cool:

Uhhh and why?

Because he will see them live I suppose? Me too by the way. For Coldplay, live is always so much better.

Personally, I trust that the album will be good as a whole. I'm not a big fan of "big, huge hits". I like to listen to full albums, and not a single Coldplay album has disappointed me so far, quite the opposite. The singles they released and the big hits they had were almost never the best tracks on the album in my opinion. That's partly because I like moody songs that can give me goosebumps, like Sparks or AROBTTH.

Because he will see them live I suppose? Me too by the way. For Coldplay, live is always so much better.

Personally, I trust that the album will be good as a whole. I'm not a big fan of "big, huge hits". I like to listen to full albums, and not a single Coldplay album has disappointed me so far, quite the opposite. The singles they released and the big hits they had were almost never the best tracks on the album in my opinion. That's partly because I like moody songs that can give me goosebumps, like Sparks or AROBTTH.

THIS. Coldplay's darkest songs are their best (and, unfortunately, their most underrated)