✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will and Guy on Steve Lamacq's Show on BBC 6Music [TODAY 15/06/11 - 4.00pm BST]

Mimixxx

Will chats to BBC 6 Music on June 15th

13 June 2011 12:24 pm

Mr Champion joins Steve Lamacq to talk about Glastonbury

news_line.png

Good afternoon. This Wednesday (June 15th), Will joins Steve Lamacq on his BBC 6 Music radio show for an in-depth chat about Coldplay's upcoming Glastonbury headline slot. As well as talking about the band's various appearances at the festival, he'll also be choosing some of his favourite Glastonbury sets from the likes of the Flaming Lips, Pulp and Orbital, and chatting about Coldplay's upcoming fifth album.

The show begins at 4pm UK time (find out what time that is where you are by clicking here), and you can listen live online at the BBC's website by clicking here.

Anchorman

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so that there are now some real info about the upcoming album... it is all so mysterious and unclear...

Maybe a release date, some info about the progress of LP5 (finished?)...

And about Glasto maybe some facts about their setlist?!

how much are you willing to bet that Will will manage to do all this interview without revealing a single thing about LP5 ? :laugh3:

Very probably. But I think that we will get something (even though it can be a little detail or something we already know).

I remember Will & Chris did an interview in January that supposedly was going to reveal some details about LP5 and at the end it was just non-sense chatter.

Will should do every interview. He certainly won't say anything about LP5, but I don't know, it's always nice to hear him.

This : D

it will be awesome to hear Mr. Champion on Wednesday. Looking forward to it!!!

Me too.

I remember Will & Chris did an interview in January that supposedly was going to reveal some details about LP5 and at the end it was just non-sense chatter.

I just wanted to recall that. Lol. It was all about the pooridge -.- I was quite pissed off, but still it was fun : D

Kinda silly in my opinion, to just talk about headlining the festival? Especially at the stage where they are choosing the track listing of the new album? Thought I'm sure they will discuss the new songs they have been playing, plus who knows maybe they wanna play all of LP5 at Glastonbury and surprise us all!

More details from the BBC Radio 6 webpage:

Next on: Wednesday, 16:00 on BBC 6 Music

Synopsis

It's been 12 years since Coldplay made their Glastonbury debut in the New Bands Tent weeks after signing their record deal. They've since gone on to top the bill in 2002 and 2005 and will reprise their role as headliners at the Festival in just over a week's time when they'll be unveiling music from their hotly anticipated forthcoming album. So Coldplay's Will Champion joins Steve Lamacq the DJ who gave the band their first national airplay and first radio session all those years ago, to talk about what makes the festival so special to the band. As well as talking about their various appearances at the Pilton bash he'll also be choosing some of his favourite sets from the festival from the likes of the Flaming Lips, Pulp and Orbital and giving us the inside track on what to expect from their hat-trick headlining appearance.

More details from the BBC Radio 6 webpage:

Next on: Wednesday, 16:00 on BBC 6 Music

Synopsis

It's been 12 years since Coldplay made their Glastonbury debut in the New Bands Tent weeks after signing their record deal. They've since gone on to top the bill in 2002 and 2005 and will reprise their role as headliners at the Festival in just over a week's time when they'll be unveiling music from their hotly anticipated forthcoming album. So Coldplay's Will Champion joins Steve Lamacq the DJ who gave the band their first national airplay and first radio session all those years ago, to talk about what makes the festival so special to the band. As well as talking about their various appearances at the Pilton bash he'll also be choosing some of his favourite sets from the festival from the likes of the Flaming Lips, Pulp and Orbital and giving us the inside track on what to expect from their hat-trick headlining appearance.

Ohhhhhh, now I'm really excited! :dance: