✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moving To Mars: LISTENING PARTY! Countdown to Friday 24th June, 11.45am (BST)

busybeeburns

Took a few listens, but it has certainly grown on me. I really, really love it actually. Some of the lyrics, particularly, and Will and Chris singing together, especially -- there's something about how their voices sound together. I like the vocal effects and think they suit the context of the song quite well. My favourite thing is probably the "Spies"-esque guitar that can be heard toward the end. Goosebumps.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always stuck with Radio 1 -- I mean, either way you'll hear it eventually. I'm never too fussed about hearing it first.

But yeah, Absolute got MM first last night, right? I think just choose one and stick with it. I'd be concerned about switching over stations at first mention of airing and ending up half-way through the song.

I've always stuck with Radio 1 -- I mean, either way you'll hear it eventually. I'm never too fussed about hearing it first.

But yeah, Absolute got MM first last night, right? I think just choose one and stick with it. I'd be concerned about switching over stations at first mention of airing and ending up half-way through the song.

No they didn't, Radio 1 played it first :)

maricircus, that's correct.

Good morning Basilica. :)

Strawberry Swinger, that's tough luck. Some people in 'the biz' make you wonder why it's even worthwhile. Until the band's onstage and the audience is smiling, and it all seems okay!

Also: For conversation, while we wait...what's people's thoughts on the Major Minus studio version? (given that it does sound quite different to the live version)

Haha, and a good evening to you! :)

Thanks!

I mean I'm just kind of fussed for hearing it first because it comes out at 5:45am here, and I'd like to go back to bed ASAP :dozey:

I mean I'm just kind of fussed for hearing it first because it comes out at 5:45am here, and I'd like to go back to bed ASAP.

Ah, right. That's fair enough. Well, considering Tash just confirmed it was Radio 1 that aired MM first last night, maybe stick with that one. Or, you know -- set an alarm for half an hour later and then check that the actual Coldplay site hasn't uploaded it yet. Might work out for you better -- knowing you can't have missed it or be impeded by faulty connections/buffering.

Do you think it's gonna be an up-tempo or slow song? I hope it's gonna be dreamy, spacey and with lots of Jonny!

Hard to say...don't think this is a slow song because of Johnnys epic intro and I'm sure that in the end (7,6,5,4,3) the song is getting faster and louder.

But maybe, at the beginning this is a more pure sound...without so much details, just johnny and chris' voice...?!

But the guys suprise me again and again. :P

I don't really know what I'm expecting for this -- as I learnt from ETIAW (which I'm a lover of). I've only really skimmed the lyrics, too, but I know there were a few comments saying it sounded like it would be a slow one. Although, given the intro has been described as "epic"...

I'm hoping for a nice, big dose of Jonny. Everything we've heard so far, he's been incredible on.