✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moving To Mars: LISTENING PARTY! Countdown to Friday 24th June, 11.45am (BST)

busybeeburns

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETIAW is an awful song.

Moving To Mars is in my opinion their best song since the A Rush Of Blood To The Head era.

I have a feeling not one song from their fifth album will be indicative of this era and that their fifth album will have something for everyone.

This!!!

But I would save glass of water too ;) and some other songs took "here and there" :)

Just curious. Is there anyone who loves Moving to mars without hating or disliking ETIAW?

Me! I quite like ETIAW for what it is. It's a great summer song as other people have already mentioned, and it makes me happy, so whatever. I don't hate everything that happens to be somewhat radio-friendly. That being said, I do think Moving To Mars is in an entirely different league. SO amazing.

And does anyone else think this song sounds like Parachutes and AROBTTH had a baby? :cool: But I also hear some X&Y in there too. And honestly, VLV as well. It's like all of those sounds were mixed together to form one beautiful, otherworldly song.

Me! I quite like ETIAW for what it is. It's a great summer song as other people have already mentioned, and it makes me happy, so whatever. I don't hate everything that happens to be somewhat radio-friendly. That being said, I do think Moving To Mars is in an entirely different league. SO amazing.

And does anyone else think this song sounds like Parachutes and AROBTTH had a baby? :cool: But I also hear some X&Y in there too. And honestly, VLV as well. It's like all of those sounds were mixed together to form one beautiful, otherworldly song.

I love all the new stuff actually! As a musician myself I'm listening to it with fresher ears and to me it's all amazing! Hurts like Heaven sounds a little uninspired but I haven't heard a good quality rip so I can't judge it too soon!

And yes, I agree with you completely reignxoflove! Sounds a lot like their old stuff! Which is great!!

Just curious. Is there anyone who loves Moving to mars without hating or disliking ETIAW?

me. but i find myself loving any coldplay song, regardless...ETIAW grew on me, and yeah, some of the lyrics are a bit ridiculous but the tune itself is a lot of fun and some of the lyrics I actually LIKE.

The "I heard it on the radio" part has the same melody as the chorus in Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty. Just a little snippet and of course not lawsuit worthy, but it is a great melody.

I love this song!

You know what's funny, I didn't even make this connection till I came hear and read a few posts, including yours, pointing this out! :inquisitive: And I like that Tom Petty song! :laugh3: