✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 finished in 2 weeks?

iPsy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know what the name will be but im pretty sure the artwork with include the famous "walking man" , i mean, in the tikets for glastonbury festival, the image was the walking man! , it was the cover of coldplay twitter, i mean, its not a single cover, its not from a music video, what else could it be but the cover? , all the festival tikets have the walking man image on it, also the coldplay dressing room has it its door "coldplay" and the walking man there as always...

tumblr_lmfgmjaqwX1qdhddvo1_500.gif

It's been a week since the June 29th interview!!! What do you guys think? Just one more week to go or...? haha I'm going to say it's likely they'll still take more time then that to finish. :P idk. But we'll see. Hoping I'm wrong. [:

I bet he says 2 weeks still tomorrow, I hope not though :( I think all that will mean for us anyway is possible change in the setlist maybe to test another song or two if they are unsure about the final tracklisting.

I bet he says 2 weeks still tomorrow, I hope not though :( I think all that will mean for us anyway is possible change in the setlist maybe to test another song or two if they are unsure about the final tracklisting.

Yeah. I could see that. Well hopefully he will say SOMETHING about the album. Chris is known to refrain from saying much about new material in interviews and often people just don't ask the right questions. He did give us a timetable on the last interview though. [: That's a good sign. You're probably right. One or two spots on the album they're not sure about I imagine. I can't wait to see what songs will make it though. I don't know why but I love that part almost as much as hearing the music itself. Staring at the titles, committing them to memory, imagining what the songs will sound like, how long they'll be, etc.

I really don't want Xylobrytes on the title... I'm praying for that

Me neither. I think all of Coldplay's titles are oddities though. Especially the last one. So it wouldn't exactly surprise me. But!! All of them (besides Parachutes) really captured the feeling of the album and the overarching theme of what they were trying to get across. I don't see what this one has to do with anything. foxeh posted something that Xylobrites related to Xylophones (which did help thank you :) ) but that doesn't say anything about the theme in the songs? How do Xylophones relate to the White Rose movement, rebellion, and UFO's? They don't. At all. Just because Coldplay use them in MX/Hurts Like Heaven doesn't mean it should be the title. :P It just plain doesn't work. And everyone said VlVoDAaHF would be Famous Old Painters or 42 or whatever. And X&Y was supposed to be Zero Theory. We'll never know what the title is until they tell us I don't think. :cry:

Well, supposing the album name is M__________ X___________

I have researched a little and I found this:

http://www.findtheword.info/Search.aspx?stype=begins&sword=M - 32.074 words

http://www.findtheword.info/Search.aspx?stype=begins&sword=X - 864 words

We just need to choose between 27.711.936 possibilities!

Let's have some fun

Damn dude that is so many possibilities that's impossible to even narrow down. [: haha And, well I know that Chris said awhile back that it started with M, probably 2 words or something along those lines. But that was a long time ago. So many things have changed since then and even the oracle said a month ago or so (I believe) they hadn't decided on a name yet. What if MX stands for something else though? Why must it be an acronym? It's MX not M.X.. Why would they keep that one JUST an acronym. They wouldn't have painted it on Chris's piano as "MX" if it was actually a secret acronym. Seriously. I don't think it is one at all. They didn't do that with any of the other songs. Maybe they changed the title to be the same as one of the songs we haven't heard. Or one we have perhaps as well. They always name the album after a song after all.

Damn dude that is so many possibilities that's impossible to even narrow down. [: haha And, well I know that Chris said awhile back that it started with M, probably 2 words or something along those lines. But that was a long time ago. So many things have changed since then and even the oracle said a month ago or so (I believe) they hadn't decided on a name yet. What if MX stands for something else though? Why must it be an acronym? It's MX not M.X.. Why would they keep that one JUST an acronym. They wouldn't have painted it on Chris's piano as "MX" if it was actually a secret acronym. Seriously. I don't think it is one at all. They didn't do that with any of the other songs. Maybe they changed the title to be the same as one of the songs we haven't heard. Or one we have perhaps as well. They always name the album after a song after all.

Quite the opposite, the Oracle said there WAS a name for the album and there had been since the beginning, and Chris said the name is hard to spell and MX isn't hard to spell.

I have a great strategy to make the long wait more bearable.

1. Listening to A Rush of Blood to the Head. There is no chance that the new album will be better anyway :cool:

2. Thinking it won't be good, since, after their breathtaking conquest of the world in name of AROBTTH, it all went downhill, starting with the 42 million tons of cheese called Fix You, going on with the unrecognisable cheap premature teen pleasing ETIAW. (I seem to be slightly exaggerating here, I may be not.)

3. I'm not waiting for an album with a stupid title (Mixomatosis Xanthippe) I can't pronounce correctly anyway.

And so on. Four good to fantastic albums, still great b-sides and EPs, a bunch of live stuff, et cetera. Life beyond Coldplay, if possible (hardly in my case :p). I can wait.

Quite the opposite, the Oracle said there WAS a name for the album and there had been since the beginning, and Chris said the name is hard to spell and MX isn't hard to spell.

Alright to the first. Wasn't sure. Second. There are a lot of words that are hard to spell. I never said the album had to be MX. But Xylobrytes certainly isn't the only word that's not easy to spell out there. In fact, maybe he was just kidding. Maybe by saying it's hard to spell he meant it was really easy. Heirgo- MX. Chris is weird sometimes. [: Just like he said it would be a Jazz album with a lot of weird chanting.

And they wouldn't write 'M Xylobrytes' on the video screen during PoC just for fun. It has to mean something. :)

EDIT: But Xylobrytes isn't so hard to spell either.

It sort of is and isn't. And that's not a bad point. I just don't see how it relates to the album as a whole. Or why it would be the title, as in what significance does it have to everything we have and haven't heard so far? But I could be wrong, I'm just wondering. I don't think they would make something an album title if it didn't have intrinsic relevance to the work as a whole.

I don't want it as a title too. It's non-sense. Non-sense as a title and non-sense if it's written on the video screen just for fun.

I did a research on this...and all I found is some brython and celtic xylophone related things, a health product and a guy on twitter called himself MXlyobrytes...and he has no followers, nor he is following anyone. It isn't an annagram/conundrum too. I tried with online annagram/conundrum solver and got nothing. BTW in YouTube comments someone said the title is Mutagenic Xylobrytes...Coldplayer1317 was that you? :/

bad news, album delayed, now called "Merry Xmas" :laugh3:

//edit: just kidding, i don't wanna be yelled at for saying it's been delayed xD

oh and - did anyone do that joke on MX already? hope not, it's such a bad one i HAD to go for it xD