✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

just watching videos from Montreal and I still can't believe that they played like the full version of True Love Waits as an intro. it was so beautiful and great!

oh gosh. T____________T

(also, Ed vibin, like wow, he's SUCH a dad)

Looks like no Radiohead gigs for me this summer... Three of them will be postponed and I doubt I can go to Berlib twice in one year. I really hope they're going to play in August after the Olympics and before September, otherwise I won't be able to see them unless I get my arse on a plane to Paris.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry with them and I completely understand the band need to postpone the gigs for their own sake. I'm just disappointed I won't be seeing them as soon as I'd hoped. At least I've seen them already; I can't imagine how those who didn't feel like at this point.

Awful, really awful. :(

I really really really hope for that too. If I'm not able to see them live, then I'm not going to refund, but give money to Scott's family. (I read on Mortigi or AtEase that this is somehow possible too.)

^Uh I guess you're right. I'm just really shattered with all these happenings.

I still hope that they will reschedule it for August, so I can see them while on Summer holidays.

But September's okay too I hope. :)

EDIT: And btw, is it confirmed that it will be rescheduled for September?

That gig was like the one utterly great fantastic happy thing I was looking forward to for a couple of years now (well, not THAT gig, but seeing them live one day), so major, major blow. The drum tech's death makes it very easy to abstain from self-pity though, non? :(

I hope they'll be able to cheer up before they start touring again, in celebration of Scott and life and stuff...

EDIT: And btw, is it confirmed that it will be rescheduled for September?

Well it's not confirmed but I got insider info that I'm pretty sure is accurate. They couldn't tell me the exact day as they didn't know it just yet but they said it's definitely in September (and I didn't even ask when the gig would take place).

Thanks to all of you who have sent messages of support over these past couple of weeks.

Scott has touched many people's lives and all your sentiments are testament to this.

Our thoughts and love remain with Scott's family.

Philip

Rescheduled European Dates

We have new dates for the postponed shows.

They are as follows:

SEPTEMBER

Thursday 20th - Switzerland, Canton de Vaud - Quarry of St Triphon

Saturday 22nd - Italy, Roma - Hyppodrome Capanelle - Rock in Roma

Sunday 23rd - Italy, Florence - Parco Delle Cascine

Tuesday 25th - Italy, Bologna - Arena Parco Nord

Wednesday 26th - Italy, Codroipo (Udine) - Villa Manin

Saturday 29th - Germany, Berlin - Wuhlheide (this replaces the 6th July show)

Sunday 30th - Germany, Berlin - Wuhlheide (this replaces the 7th July show)

All original tickets are valid for the re-scheduled date.

However, if you are unable to attend the re-scheduled date please visit the tour date page and click on the relevant date for refund information.

Yay! I can go to Udine but I don't think I can swing Berlin.

Mostly lolled at the comparison to phish, and the fact that he appealed to 'meeting people is easy' to explain why he thinks they shouldn't tour 14 years after the fact. Hope he doesn't get payed for this drivel.

I'm afraid he does :(

He'll keep getting paid if people keep viewing his articles so I am really just fueling the fire but oh well

The guy uses this as the "basis" for his argument:

But it has highlighted the band's more ordinary difficulties-and even fundamental disagreements-with the mechanics of live performance.

Ummm... exactly how is that unique to Radiohead? OH WAIT IT'S NOT

I understand some of the points he's trying to make, but using the above statement as the basis pretty much makes his argument moot imho.

Nobody would have been writing stuff like this if the stage hadn't collapsed. If it happened to a different band, people would have been writing the same poop about that band instead. Fickle is as fickle does. The root of the issue as far as that's concerned was highlighted in a different article recently which indicated there are proposed changes to North American ad-hoc stage set-up procedures. Part of the problem is that the support structure is comprised of aluminum because that crap is cheap to transport (because it's so light). Steel supports need to be used instead (which apparently is required to some degree in other areas of the world).

I'll make it to the concert. I don't know how, but I will. :wacky:
Yay! I hope to see you there! And if you can't make it, be sure to ask for a refund till the end of July, they're only accepting them until 30 July, I think.

I've always wanted to get more into Radiohead. I've been curious about them lately. The only CD I have from them is their debut, Pablo Honey.
What kind of music do you like? I mean, are you more into electronicky or rock stuff? In any case, I'd start with In Rainbows because it kinda has a mix of both, and then go with Hail to the Thief if you like electronic music or with the Bends/OK Computer if you like rock.

Just my 2 cents, though. :smiley:

What kind of music do you like? I mean, are you more into electronicky or rock stuff? In any case, I'd start with In Rainbows because it kinda has a mix of both, and then go with Hail to the Thief if you like electronic music or with the Bends/OK Computer if you like rock.

I'm mainly a rock person, but I prefer my rock to have a twist in it, like progressive, indie, alt., and experimental. I'll see what other people recommend me, though. :smiley:

I'm mainly a rock person, but I prefer my rock to have a twist in it, like progressive, indie, alt., and experimental. I'll see what other people recommend me, though. :smiley:

I'd start with either The Bends, OK Computer or In Rainbows. In general those albums seem to be the best bets to start on

Yay! I hope to see you there! And if you can't make it, be sure to ask for a refund till the end of July, they're only accepting them until 30 July, I think.

Thanks for that info! And I hope to see you there too. ;)

I've always wanted to get more into Radiohead. I've been curious about them lately. The only CD I have from them is their debut, Pablo Honey.
In Rainbows.

Sure it might not seem logical from the perspective that it's their 7th album; but that was my starting point when I first started listening to them a year and a half ago. Worked for me. I'm hooked.