✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

those 2[/color][/b] (for various reasons). :cry:

Ah well, I suppose I can't really complain!

We had Kid A also; btw in regard to that, when I was waiting in line outside, multiple people were like "omfg *@$@#*&$_$*" your license plate! :lol:

yeah. I was hoping they would've played Amazing Sounds at your show!

haha that's awesome!

This is so awful. Sounds like it was a crew member. It is so surreal to think that in Detroit I saw whoever it was onstage, not knowing what would happen to him less than a week later. Blows my mind. The band and the rest of the crew must be absolutely gutted right now, with this happening at the last gig on the NA tour. So sad.

I'm wondering what went wrong...

http://radioheadofficial.tumblr.com/post/25250091024/one-more-thing-about-this

the collapse happened because the setting up the stage was rushed which fucking repulses me. basically it seems like this: the doors were set to open slightly earlier than normal, at 5pm, with the reasoning being getting all the 45,000 people attending this show packed into the venue as soon as possible. so they shoved shit up as quickly as possible so they could get all of these people in to spend money on fucking beer. this is obviously not okay.

as far as we understand, two construction workers died; no one affiliated with either of the bands were hurt. otherwise the seriousness of the situation isn’t completely understood yet so it’s not wise to get too ahead of ourselves, but keep this in mind either way: it could have been a lot worse. if it had happened literally 25 minutes later, i and several others would be dead. if it had happened a couple hours later, the band and many audience members would be dead. the venue is at fault. radiohead’s people will learn from this and hopefully take greater care in choosing the places they will perform at - because giant parks with stages made of fucking twigs is putting people’s lives at risk.

Oh, and it was only one person dead, the other had serious head injury

This is the most relevant source. She literally follows radiohead everywhere.

This is so awful. Sounds like it was a crew member. It is so surreal to think that in Detroit I saw whoever it was onstage, not knowing what would happen to him less than a week later. Blows my mind. The band and the rest of the crew must be absolutely gutted right now, with this happening at the last gig on the NA tour. So sad.

It wasn't part of the bands crew, it was most likely someone from the construction company who was building the stage on this particular show. Sounds like they were rushing the construction as the gates were opening earlier than they thought...

Incredibly sad story. my thoughts are with the family, friends, crew etc...

Also, somewhat unimportant but I hope all of the bands (including Caribou) equipment is alright. I know they have a lot of stuff that's difficult to replace.

William7, you ok?

were you there when it happened?

hey thanks!

nobody was let in, thankfully because more would have probably been injured. Everyone was waiting in lines prior to the show...

mentioned before I had no idea doors were set to be at 5 because there was definitely not thousands of fans there (yet)...

It is very upsetting knowing what happened because things like that never should, ever.

I do hope they reschedule, but if not - oh well, just more motivation to go next time...