✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

I was in a music store today..

and there was a huge poster from in rainbows! :blush: and it said; album of the week..:heart:

i should have asked for the poster :(

What other albums have been released this week?

In terms of competition for album of the week, In Rainbows hasn't had to fight hard against a couple greatest hits albums by old bands

Radiohead CD tops UK album chart

_44337809_radiohead_ap203b.jpg

Radiohead have entered the UK album chart at number one with In Rainbows, while X Factor winner Leon Jackson has the top single for a third week.

The indie band released In Rainbows for download in October, with fans invited to pay what they thought it was worth.

However, this week was the first opportunity to obtain the album on CD.

Radiohead finished one place ahead of Take That's Beautiful World, while last week's best-selling album - Spirit by Leona Lewis - fell to number three.

UK ALBUM CHART

1. Radiohead, In Rainbows

2. Take That, Beautiful World

3. Leona Lewis, Spirit

4. Mika, Life in Cartoon Motion

5. Michael Buble, Call Me Irresponsible

6. Amy MacDonald, This is the Life

7. Amy Winehouse, Back to Rehab

8. Hoosiers, The Trick to Life

9. Cascada, Perfect Day

10. Timbaland, Shock Value

Source: Official Charts Company

Mika, Amy MacDonald, The Hoosiers, Cascada and Timbaland all rose to positions within the top 10.

But it was a quiet week for album releases, meaning that Radiohead had the only new entry within the top 40.

On the singles chart, it was When You Believe by Jackson which outsold all other tracks this week.

Soulja Boy's Crank That climbed one to number two, while former X Factor champion Lewis dropped to third with Bleeding Love.

Lewis's single was the biggest-selling release of 2007, it was confirmed this week.

Nickelback's Rockstar moved up seven places to number eight, while the highest new entry was Basshunter's house track Now You're Gone, at 14.

UK SINGLES CHART

1. Leon Jackson, When You Believe

2. Soulja Boy, Crank That

3. Leona Lewis, Bleeding Love

4. Timbaland, Apologize

5. Take That, Rule the World

6. Mark Ronson/Amy Winehouse, Valerie

7. Girls Aloud, Call the Shots

8. Nickelback, Rock Star

9. T2, Heartbroken

10. Alicia Keys, No One

Source: Official Charts Company

Britney Spears, in the news this week after being treated in hospital in Los Angeles and losing custody of her children, was new at 19 with Piece of Me.

And Mika's single Relax, Take it Easy entered the chart a place below Spears.

The only other new entry was for the White Stripes, as Conquest went in at 30.

There was also a clearout of festive favourites on the first chart of 2008.

None of the three Christmas hits in last week's top 40 - by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl, Mariah Carey and Wham! - remained on the chart.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7173993.stm

What other albums have been released this week?

In terms of competition for album of the week, In Rainbows hasn't had to fight hard against a couple greatest hits albums by old bands

I dont know which other albums are released..they just choose every week another album ;)

^Yeah I noticed on your last.fm you like the demo version.
yup! ;)

AH I wanna have it too. but you can make your own pretty easily couldn't you? I saw those in the NME internet store a year ago but then they were gone.

yep, i could! and i probably will when it gets warmer. i'll just buy a yellow tee and print out those no words and i'll go to someone who knows how to deal with this stuff :cool: