✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

holy CRAP! just two seconds ago i looked up the movie there will be blood on wikipedia and to my complete shock in the intro bit it said "the music for this film was composed by radiohead guitarist jonny greenwood."

whaaaaa? :stunned: how did i miss this?! i'm a film student and a huge movie nerd, so i've been planning to see there will be blood for weeks (it comes ot my local theater on friday), but now i cant wait even MORE. how did i not read about this before?!

i can only liken my surprise to the time i worked out that jonny and phil were in the band the weird sisters in the movie harry potter and the goblet of fire :laugh1:

^ :laugh3:

I heard about the Weird Sisters bit long before I was even into Radiohead. But I guess it helps you notice when a bunch of morons called the 'wyrd sisters' sue Radiohead over the name... :thinking:

Jonny already got at least one award and quite a few nominations for that soundtrack. I don't think I've ever seen quite so many movie reviews that have specifically mentioned the music.

^which is why i feel like a complete idiot for not noticing it before!! :laugh1:

i wasnt a radiohead fan when i first saw goblet of fire so even if i did know i wouldnt really have cared, but when i found out a few months ago i dug out my DVD and died laughing.

god, there are so many good scores this year!! i've seen the preview for there will be blood six times in theaters in the past few weeks (no joke :P), so i got a good taste of the music then and thought how incredible it was that it gave the preview THAT much of a creepy, ominous feel. i just listened to the previews on itunes a minute ago, and jonny is a genius. it's not up for a golden globe, though! i'll have to wait and see it to decide 100%, but in terms of golden globes, i'm all for atonement and then the kite runner winning best original score.

yep, its the actual score in the trailers. for movies like this (not hugely commercial, but very well known and respected), thats pretty typical, at least in my experience.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469494/trailers-screenplay-E34611-314

^this isnt the trailer i've been seeing in the actual theaters, which i think is much better than this one i found, but this gives a taste of the music and the general mood it gives.

Alot of the time trailers are put together before the score has even been written, so it's generally more common to hear stock music... but you're probably right when it comes to oscar-aimed stuff like this.

There's also a big chunk of the score on a loop on the official site.

It always amazes me how Jonny can write music that flips back and forth between so incredibly beautiful and so jarring like that. Sets my teeth on edge.

^ God we would have missed some great stuff !!

Anyway, Ella, your Fog (Again) sounds pretty cool to me. Really.

Makes me think of something i've been wondering for a while : am I the only RH fan who prefers Fog than Fog (Again) ?

How about you guys ?

I know should just put these in one post, but oh well..

thanks fo the compliment:)

I like the both Fogs eaqually much.

And the score Jonny composed is great. I always amaze his talent. Seems like there's nothing he can't do.

My local newspaper music critic just got a press release with the cities of the US tour for Radiohead. No dates yet, just the cities, but it's still exciting-

Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Tampa, Miami, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, St Louis, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington DC.

My local newspaper music critic just got a press release with the cities of the US tour for Radiohead. No dates yet, just the cities, but it's still exciting-

Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Tampa, Miami, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, St Louis, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington DC.

Sweet. I'll have to try to go to Boston, Toronto, or Montreal.

Radiohead confirm North American tour

And ‘In Rainbows’ is Number One in the US

Radiohead have announced the cities they will visit on their upcoming tour of the US and Canada.

In the wake of their newly crowned Number One title today for ‘In Rainbows’ the band have revealed they will play in the Us before their recently announced shows in the UK and Europe.

They will then return to the US for more shows after the European dates,

The cities to be visited are listed below. Actual venues and dates are yet to be unveiled.

Atlanta

Boston

Charlotte

Chicago

Cleveland

Dallas

Houston

Indianapolis

Los Angeles

Miami

Montreal

New York

Philadelphia

San Diego

San Francisco

Santa Barbara

Seattle

St Louis

Tampa

Toronto

Vancouver

Washington DC

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/33548

Radiohead confirm North American tour

And ‘In Rainbows’ is Number One in the US

Radiohead have announced the cities they will visit on their upcoming tour of the US and Canada.

In the wake of their newly crowned Number One title today for ‘In Rainbows’ the band have revealed they will play in the Us before their recently announced shows in the UK and Europe.

They will then return to the US for more shows after the European dates,

The cities to be visited are listed below. Actual venues and dates are yet to be unveiled.

Atlanta

Boston

Charlotte

Chicago

Cleveland

Dallas

Houston

Indianapolis

Los Angeles

Miami

Montreal

New York

Philadelphia

San Diego

San Francisco

Santa Barbara

Seattle

St Louis

Tampa

Toronto

Vancouver

Washington DC

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/33548

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I saw this earlier today...and am so excited... I plan on seeing them for sure in DC and Philly too!:D

who people? you know people who like radiohead?

Well actually there's a teacher in my school who's travelling all the way to Milan to see them... and he's just an average guy with a wife and a kid, going to Europe isn't exactly on his regular agenda. AND I'm honestly not making this up, his license plate is RDIOHED !!

^That is an awesome teacher.

Yeah I have a friend who loves them as much as me (well maybe not quite). But like me he has bought all their cds in the past year....and he has most of their albums on vinyl as well.

I've also converted a few friends and family. But I don't know if any of them are at the point that they would spend a bunch of money to see them.

My sister might though.........hmmmm I should ask her.

oh hell :shocked2:

Tokio Hotel takes the 5th place in the music DVD charts.

this is off topic, i know, but i couldn't help myself emphasising that! :stunned: