✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

um Fran Healy

In the January issue of German music magazine “Musikexpress” there is a “Blind Date” with Travis. Fran Healy was played “Weird Fishes/Arpeggi” and commented thus:

FRAN: Is the new Radiohead

MAN: Yes, what do you think?

FRAN: I think that Nigel Godrich has done as usual a fantastic job. His sound, his production is fantastic, without Nigel there would not be Radiohead. But I do not see the sense to do albums which are vast Jams, about which he (Thom Yorke) then mumbles. Finally, somebody should have a heart and say to him, please write a damned song! You are a great songwriter. And a great singer. But here this is for me simply … (Yorke's droning) “Woozywooziwoo…” Fuck off! I am fed up with it.

MAN: Where you a Radiohead fan?

FRAN: I was a huge fan of Radiohead. Because they wrote great songs and he SANG. Today, he seems embarrassed to write a good melody. He prefers these little sound collages. People like it, clearly, because to like Radiohead is like a kind of lifestyle decision such as: "I read this and that magazine," I wear these clothes and that," "I am this kind of person and that".

MAN: When the disappointment? With Kid A?

FRAN: No, Kid A was great. But then they began to make the same record again and again."

^

don't Fran see that Travis's all albums are so very similar with eachother?

well Travis are boring now they make the same things over and over again. But if that's what they want to do.. Fran is just too traditional. . Fran just wants RH to go back to the Bends and OKC. buh. And he made his comment based on Arpeggi. I think he could like IR actually. Because you really can hear Thom's vocals. :rolleyes:

But it's his opinion I still like him, even though he's kinda dumb now :P haha

and old travis is great.. the new one just makes me sad.

They most likely will :) it's one of their best live songs from what I 've heard and seen from recordings. Thom goes maniac.

I wish I had been in Glasto 2003. :cry:

haha jsut read the details:

in the year 2003 glasto

The tickets sold out within one day of going on sale, in marked contrast to the two months it took to sell a similar number in 2002. It was also the first year that tickets sold out before the full lineup was announced.

I hope that won't happen now in Roskilde. well they still have tickets. but I hope they have them when I get my paycheck :S

um Fran Healy

^

don't Fran see that Travis's all albums are so very similar with eachother?

well Travis are boring now they make the same things over and over again. But if that's what they want to do.. Fran is just too traditional. . Fran just wants RH to go back to the Bends and OKC. buh. And he made his comment based on Arpeggi. I think he could like IR actually. Because you really can hear Thom's vocals. :rolleyes:

But it's his opinion I still like him, even though he's kinda dumb now :P haha

and old travis is great.. the new one just makes me sad.

Everything the same since Kid A :laugh3:

And I don't know if Fran has listened to In Rainbows or not, but there is actually quite a bit of singing on that album.

He's just jealous!

yeah because Nigel likes Radiohead over them :P

btw ts been 3 months and Radiohead is still the most played artist on last.fm.

I was just looking through the old Finnish album charts and Radiohead's positions and noticed that Amnesiac was no. 1 here the week 23/2001. Not that it matters. I was just surprised that it got that high here. And it stayed at no. 5 for the next 3 weeks. Not so much metal albums were released at the time Amnesiac was, I guess.. :P

Nobody buys Metal albums, they appeal to a croud that download everything, teens (to generalise of course)

Travis is basically Bends era Radiohead with more sentiments and Verve influences.

Its nice to see every band that went to copy Bends era Radiohead eventually found their own sound. :) and Radiohead moved on too.

It would be interesting to see:

1 - How many copies of the physical In Rainbows they sold in the UK last week to get to number 1, on what is traditionally a low sales week

2 - If it will stay at number 1, seeing as Tesco has got it down at 11 this week.

^ God we would have missed some great stuff !!

Anyway, Ella, your Fog (Again) sounds pretty cool to me. Really.

Makes me think of something i've been wondering for a while : am I the only RH fan who prefers Fog than Fog (Again) ?

How about you guys ?

I prefer Fog (Again). I haven't really listened to Fog all that much because I just prefer the other version.