✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

your thoughts on RADIOHEAD

how many of you like radiohead more than coldplay alot of people say they are better personally i dont like them they have some good songs but overall they are boring and get on my nevrves!!!!what you guys thing?

Radiohead is a creative force in the universe. Weird, but creative!:laugh3: I did take a look-see at the movie on YouTube with them in it - I actually liked it! (maybe I'm getting into their weirdness?:\) I agree - sometimes, some of their music is... - well, I guess it's related to the mood one is in. Variety is the spice of life, and Radiohead offers some unique senses!

Coldplay are more of a refined art. They take good things, and make them better; they have greater emotional range, and their music isn't so monochromatic.. Plus, they're more positive than Radiohead. (in a general sense!). Coldplay is reminiscent of so many other forms of music I've heard - from Doris Day to Blues to Rock to the other-worldly sounds of experimental, they cover the gamut.

Just opinons:P!

Anyhow, thanks for asking!

i loved coldplay first, and it took me quite a while to get into radiohead after several tries. i always respected them, but never really was into most of their stuff. in rainbows is what made me check them out for a third time and what made me understand them for the first time, and now i'm TOTALLY in love (even though i'm a little embarrassed by being such a new convert). theyve moved to my second-favorite band in the span of about two months (well, ok, third if you count the beatles as my number one, which they are, but the truth is i listen to radiohead and coldplay so much more).

but coldplay will always be my number one. i can't see radiohead surpassing them unless LP4 really disappoints me.

I guess for me Coldplay have never been my number one. So I've never had the super hardcore love affair with them like many people on this forum.

U2 was my favourite for a longggg time. They're no. 2 for me now. I don't even know where Coldplay are for me anymore.

Why the hell is Punchup in Q's shortlist of Radiohead tracks to download?

It's arguably one of the weakest tracks on HTTT.

I personally think its one of the best tracks on HTTT. Actually the albums has only three weaker tracks for me. The album has grown on me. Punchup is do friggin groovy. I also love We suck Young Blood, which many people don't seem to like. It sounds how it sounds intentionally, you know. That's one of the things what's so great about Radiohead anyway. All the tracks sound better live though. The Gloaming is one of the weakest tracks on the album but live it's class.

OH a lot of talk about Coldplay.. they were once my favourite band. Now I find them too weepy for me, even though some of the old b-sides (Bigger Stronger, Such A Rush, Help Is Around the Corner) and the album songs like Don't Panic, Politic and AROBTTH are still class. But I tried to listen to X&Y the other day and I just couldn't. It's rather sad how they changed between 2003 and 2005. The live 2003 DVD defines how I liked them the most. After that the music and the live shows changed too radically.

And about U2. I've never liked them. Ok maybe I liked One when I was a kid but I just somehow can't stand them. And their live shows are so over exaggerated.

yeah yeah I cut the natter.

so anyway the point is:

image.php?u=18864&dateline=1198245457

exactly.

:thinking:

yup. Maybe I just um.. Go to Sleep.