January 3, 200818 yr Not a fan? I want to hear a studio version of Big Boots and Follow Me Around. Wouldn't mind Spooks or Good Morning Mr. Magpie either.
January 3, 200818 yr It's a good song, but a studio version won't appear on anything by EMI, as it was never released.
January 3, 200818 yr Or another thing Evil-Music-Industry could do in a few years time is "deluxe" editions of the albums, with a 2nd disc of b-sides, demos & live tracks from the album.
January 3, 200818 yr your thoughts on RADIOHEAD how many of you like radiohead more than coldplay alot of people say they are better personally i dont like them they have some good songs but overall they are boring and get on my nevrves!!!!what you guys thing?
January 3, 200818 yr I think Coldplay are far better, but that's my opinion. Radiohead are good, and although I havn't heard much of their stuff yet, what I have heard is good in many ways (melodically, lyrically etc). But yeh, Coldplay are tops for me.
January 3, 200818 yr they are my second favourite band [after the beatles] and i absolutely love their new album. check out the threads about them in the world of music section.
January 4, 200818 yr Yeah that's why i refrained from commenting. My siggie and avi should provide some idea..:P
January 4, 200818 yr Yeah same...well not my siggy. Unless people knew it meant how to dissapear completely.
January 4, 200818 yr Radiohead is a creative force in the universe. Weird, but creative!:laugh3: I did take a look-see at the movie on YouTube with them in it - I actually liked it! (maybe I'm getting into their weirdness?:\) I agree - sometimes, some of their music is... - well, I guess it's related to the mood one is in. Variety is the spice of life, and Radiohead offers some unique senses! Coldplay are more of a refined art. They take good things, and make them better; they have greater emotional range, and their music isn't so monochromatic.. Plus, they're more positive than Radiohead. (in a general sense!). Coldplay is reminiscent of so many other forms of music I've heard - from Doris Day to Blues to Rock to the other-worldly sounds of experimental, they cover the gamut. Just opinons:P! Anyhow, thanks for asking!
January 4, 200818 yr i loved coldplay first, and it took me quite a while to get into radiohead after several tries. i always respected them, but never really was into most of their stuff. in rainbows is what made me check them out for a third time and what made me understand them for the first time, and now i'm TOTALLY in love (even though i'm a little embarrassed by being such a new convert). theyve moved to my second-favorite band in the span of about two months (well, ok, third if you count the beatles as my number one, which they are, but the truth is i listen to radiohead and coldplay so much more). but coldplay will always be my number one. i can't see radiohead surpassing them unless LP4 really disappoints me.
January 4, 200818 yr This thread reminds me of an old thread on the old official site ......"Radiohead sucks and Thom has a lazy eye" where people argued about the two bands. I personally like both. I tend to go thru Radiohead phases, but I listen to Coldplay every day.
January 4, 200818 yr I guess for me Coldplay have never been my number one. So I've never had the super hardcore love affair with them like many people on this forum. U2 was my favourite for a longggg time. They're no. 2 for me now. I don't even know where Coldplay are for me anymore.
January 4, 200818 yr ;) ps. dude change your avi....holidays are over Haha, I'm still on holidays. I don't go back to school until Monday.
January 4, 200818 yr Why the hell is Punchup in Q's shortlist of Radiohead tracks to download? It's arguably one of the weakest tracks on HTTT. I personally think its one of the best tracks on HTTT. Actually the albums has only three weaker tracks for me. The album has grown on me. Punchup is do friggin groovy. I also love We suck Young Blood, which many people don't seem to like. It sounds how it sounds intentionally, you know. That's one of the things what's so great about Radiohead anyway. All the tracks sound better live though. The Gloaming is one of the weakest tracks on the album but live it's class. OH a lot of talk about Coldplay.. they were once my favourite band. Now I find them too weepy for me, even though some of the old b-sides (Bigger Stronger, Such A Rush, Help Is Around the Corner) and the album songs like Don't Panic, Politic and AROBTTH are still class. But I tried to listen to X&Y the other day and I just couldn't. It's rather sad how they changed between 2003 and 2005. The live 2003 DVD defines how I liked them the most. After that the music and the live shows changed too radically. And about U2. I've never liked them. Ok maybe I liked One when I was a kid but I just somehow can't stand them. And their live shows are so over exaggerated. yeah yeah I cut the natter. so anyway the point is: exactly. :thinking: yup. Maybe I just um.. Go to Sleep.
Create an account or sign in to comment