🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Radiohead

i think that list is pretty damn shocking. as much as i love coldplay, i'm kind of surprised they made that list, beating out led zeppelin and the who and bowie and the stones?! jeez. and oasis and even radiohead beating the beatles?! i like the list overall, personally, but it's just not something i ever would have expected. keane?! i like keane, but WTF?!

I agree. Even though i might like keane more than some of the albums it had beat out, you can't put keane that high. They haven't earned it yet.

I agree. Even though i might like keane more than some of the albums it had beat out, you can't put keane that high. They haven't earned it yet.

exactly. i really like all of those artists that i mentioned, and most of those albums would be in my personal top 10 list, but a public top 50 list?! i think only oasis and radiohead come even remotely close to earning being on that list by public critical standards. i think it has a lot to do with time in the business and in the spotlight as well as critical acclaim.

GREAT pics, BTW! thanks! :D

I wouldn't take a list that puts Keane's Under The Iron Sea above Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon seriously. Thats just ridiculous. And The Iron Sea didn't even get that many great reviews if I recall, it got mostly 3/5 or 4/5 stars by most reviewers.

But seeing as Keane are there anyway, they really should not be above Coldplay at all. Regardless of how good people think the album is, Coldplay have been around for a fair bit longer, Keane's debut album only came out in 2004. And I thought Coldplay's music was more critically acclaimed than Keane's. It boggles the mind.

And one last thing - Coldplay shouldn't really be that high. And I was shocked when I saw that X&Y even made it on the list.

Keane' date=' Coldplay I can kinda see a slightly similar sound but not Radiohead there is absolutely nothing remotely similiar to other two.. Radiohead is unique in their sound all together...[/quote']Radiohead is fine. But Coldplay and Keane ... in our dialect we'd say something like "it's all the same spaghetti". :rolleyes:

the reason for the panic is because RH are playing amphitheaters that have a capacity of about 15' date='000 people whereas in Europe they are playing larger venues, festivals and castle fields that hold several times the capacity as the venues in the states.. That is why tix sold out here so fast... HUGE DIFFERANCE![/quote'] i see ... no wonder then there's such a rush!

the reason for the panic is because RH are playing amphitheaters that have a capacity of about 15,000 people whereas in Europe they are playing larger venues, festivals and castle fields that hold several times the capacity as the venues in the states.. That is why tix sold out here so fast... HUGE DIFFERANCE!

Nah not really..the capacity of the amsterdam gig is 15,000 people too.

Compared to their 2006 tour this is a lot more.

I see the US tickets are still not sold out anyway ;)

Nah not really..the capacity of the amsterdam gig is 15,000 people too.

Compared to their 2006 tour this is a lot more.

I see the US tickets are still not sold out anyway ;)

well the only tix left are lawn seats way in the back that is why there are some left..

Most of the venues are larger than 15,000 in europe tho minus the one u mentioned.. I assumed there are few that are like the one u mentioned but the majority aren't.

Wait a minute...are ppl saying coldplay arent that good??

This is a coldplay forum isnt it?

I mean, I know Coldplay havnt been around for as long as Radiohead. But Id say that the rate theyre going, theyll end up being a better band (if not already) than Radiohead.

lol...I shouldve said this somewhere safer, rather than the Radiohead thread.

Hey look! A distraction! *runs away*

I mean, I know Coldplay havnt been around for as long as Radiohead. But Id say that the rate theyre going, theyll end up being a better band (if not already) than Radiohead.

Well most of you know what side of the fence I am on this one. I don't think Coldplay at this rate will ever end up better than Radiohead.

Here is why:

Just looking at the first 3 albums.

With Coldplay Parachutes was a very very good debut album. A Rush of Blood to the Head also was good, it had alot of catchy songs that masses of people could connect to. But X&Y was a major step backwards.

With Radiohead Pablo Honey was a good debut. The Bends was a huge improvement, and then album number 3 just completely took off (OK Computer) and has been included in countless top albums of all time charts.

And as Thom said in an interview about bands like Coldplay and Muse who are often called copy cats: "Good luck with Kid A"

Ohoh..you got urself in trouble now :P

I dont agree with you about coldplay being a better band..they just got more attention.

They make pop songs..and people play those songs on the radio. Its easy to sing along with.

Radiohead never made pop songs. Radiohead never tried to get attention.

We barely know who rachel is,, and everybody knows chris his wife, just like his children.

Yeh, I agree with how Coldplay get more attention than Radiohead. But that just comes down to the type of music they produce - as you said...sorta pop.

As for the attention about personal life, well, we all know how they think about that (thinks video of Chris taking out photographer).

But nevertheless, I believe you can't judge/compare the two bands just yet, considering that Coldplay are only up to their 4th LP...Radiohead 7th. And the styles are different/unique as well.

Also, out of curiousity are Thom and Chris friends? I mean, i know Chris has radiohead as a major influence..but do these guys like each other??