✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Go-

The Bends AND OK Computer.

followed by

Kid A AND Amnesiac.

Like someone said you'll appreciate them for their progression. You've got four of the finest albums ever commited to tape there, you can't go wrong!

Amnesiac on the other hand is far from leftovers of Kid A. They just felt out of around forty tracks they recorded, those they selected for Kid A made a great album and the ones they selected for Amnesiac followed a different sort of mood, etc. Good choice, in my opinion, better than them both being a double album, anyway! :stunned:

K-K-K-K-K-Kid A

Yeaaaaaaah I love this album

And I agree with saying that Amnesiac is Kid A leftovers, Although it took me almost 10 listens to finally start liking to songs, Their so diffrent to the Kid A ones though, Even though they're kind similar

And how come everyone keeps forgetting Pablo Honey (I know I don't have this album but I don't have any money at the moment) Pable Honey, The Bends and OK Computer have some outstanding guitar tracks and I can't belive Pablo is being forgotten

Critics and fans both say that Kid A's the best but OK Computer is more listenable... If you're going for long-term, I'd say follow the chronology (Pablo Honey, The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac... HTTT will fit in anywhere), you'll see the progression better and the music's easier to absorb. If you're just looking for THE best, Kid A's it then although OK Computer is more classic rock.

Me? I got things the other way round coz old records are so hard to get here. In fact, mine's probably the reverse in terms of listening difficulty... Amnesiac, Kid A, HTTT followed by my latest purchase OK Computer! :o I wasn't too enamoured of them when I first heard Amnesiac and Kid A - to say I got a full on culture shock is an understatement... Had to leave them on the shelf for a while. Then I got HTTT and slowly got to like it coz it's more engaging. Got back to listening to the other two and learnt to appreciate - they're ace :D . OK Computer's the easiest to listen to barring the Bends which I haven't managed to find yet :( (anyone can help me here?)

I just got 'the bends' and 'kid a'. I intended to buy 'ok computer' instead of 'kid a' but they didn't have it. (Strange swiss music stores :confused: )

After I listend both albums once I have to say 'the bends' is my favourite so far. There are some songs on 'kid a' which I love, I think 'morning bell' is the most beautiful. I don't really like the first part of 'kid a' till now, but I might change my opinion after having listened several times to the albums...

I can't really help you how to find their first album. I often have the same problem to find albums here. I would order it somewhere (I could give you an adress in Germany, but I suppose that would be too expensive to order it there. :/ )

Radiohead is one of my favorite bands ever. I love their music. Amnesiac is my favorite album, but I love all of them, even Pablo Honey. :smiley: Ok Computer is my second favorite Radiohead album.

• 1 month later...

Yeah Morning Bell from Amnesiac is a throw back but I love this album. People sleep to much On Pyramid Song and Life in a Glass house. Ya'll telling me that these are 7ucking Kid A's Left overs. Please but we all got our own opinions. I agree with gentleparchute Ok Computer is the easiest to listen too. I guess I like Amnesiac so much cause it was the first RAdiohead album I brought. Again as gentleparchute said it was a culture shock for me making the transition to soul, r&b, and jazz to rock boy was it ever a culture shock.

Peace

I guess the jazz elements in both Pyramid song and Life in a Glass house oh!! and also National Anthem make the transition very smooth cause I just started getting into jazz not a lot of that modern crap. Radiohead merge these two elements well. I was in complete shock. My second favorite rock band.

• 2 months later...