✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

back from show... it was so great I'll talk about it tomorrow. the new thom solo song was really great, and he said it doesn't have a title as of now!

here's the set:

1. The Eraser

2. Analyse

3. The Clock

4. Black Swan

5. Skip Divided

6. Atoms for Peace

7. And it Rained all Night

8. Harrowdown Hill

9. Cymbal Rush

Thom Solo:

10. New Song (no title as of yet)

11. The Daily Mail

12. Everything in It's Right Place

Full Band:

13. Paperbag Writer

14. Judge, Jury & Executioner

15. The Hollow Earth

16. Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvg_ZXiozA]YouTube- Thom Yorke and Atoms for Peace playing "Harrowdown Hill" at Roseland Ballroom in NYC on 4.5.2010[/ame]

i know its very very old news that flea and thom are in a band together, but im still struggling to come to terms with it. never in my wildest dreams would i have ever imagined this happening. being a supermassive huge fan of both radiohead and the chili peppers (and we're a very very rare breed) this is just incredible.

back from show... it was so great I'll talk about it tomorrow. the new thom solo song was really great, and he said it doesn't have a title as of now!

here's the set:

1. The Eraser

2. Analyse

3. The Clock

4. Black Swan

5. Skip Divided

6. Atoms for Peace

7. And it Rained all Night

8. Harrowdown Hill

9. Cymbal Rush

Thom Solo:

10. New Song (no title as of yet)

11. The Daily Mail

12. Everything in It's Right Place

Full Band:

13. Paperbag Writer

14. Judge, Jury & Executioner

15. The Hollow Earth

16. Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses

Glad you had a good time. In my opinion, the set list is crap. 9 of his 16 songs come from an album that is almost 4 years old. Plus, sequential order is just boring. I don't get it. And why does Flea want to be a part of this?

Glad you had a good time. In my opinion, the set list is crap. 9 of his 16 songs come from an album that is almost 4 years old. Plus, sequential order is just boring. I don't get it. And why does Flea want to be a part of this?

im not too familiar with the tour thom did straight after the release of the eraser but im guessing that he wasnt able to reproduce the songs the way he wanted live on stage. so this was an opportunity to do that as well as perform on stage with people he really respects. it also gives him the chance to get out of the whole radiohead sphere and do something for himself. he has worked with the same 4 guys for the last 20yrs, a slight change in personnel is sometimes good (but nigel's presence keeps some radiohead-ness to the whole ordeal)

flea wants to be a part of this because his own band has all but fallen apart. but i dont feel like going too much into this.

RHCP's songs sound the same to me.

But I dunno, that Flea - Thom thing seems to be working great.

there are a myriad of criticisms you can throw at RHCP (i, myself recently came up with about 50) but their songs sounding the same is most certainly not one of them.

so for the show...

I got to the venue at around 6:20-ish or so. When I walked in the venue was actually not that packed at all and you could get fairly close to the stage. But while we waited (i went w/ a friend) we ended up getting further back.

Flying Lotus came on promptly at 8 and he played until 8:40. He was good for the first 5 minutes but I kind of got bored of him fairly quick. I guess I just wanted to see Thom live that I cared less, not to mention his music was very repetitive w/ what sounded like the same beat being done over and over. It was good because during his set (which was one huge djing song), he included Idioteque which really got the crowd going and he finished with that.

So then I waited until around 9:10 or so for Thom to come on. He opened the set of course with The Eraser and proceeded to go through The Eraser (album). it wasn't until I think The Clock that he used his LED lights and it looked really awesome. The Clock used to be a song off the Eraser that I would skip, but since I've heard live recordings of it and seeing it live I love it... it was one of the best live. Next they went to Black Swan which really got the crowd going and sounded great as well. Then was Skip Divided which is good, but I'm not really much of a fan of that instrument that Flea plays during the song (it's a small keyboard you hold but has a mouthpiece to blow into). Then was Atoms for Peace which is one of my favorites off the album and it was so great just from the mood that the band had with the song, very laid back and relaxing. The entire light show was great throughout not too intense or anything but worked perfectly. All the songs he did from his album was great and gave me a much greater appreciation for An it Rained all Night (which is the one song off the album that hasn't fully clicked for me). Then was Harrowdown Hill which was really really great live, just had such a powerful vibe in the venue. He of course ended his main set with Cymbal Rush which was incredible live and the build up at the end was so good and epic. The band then left and the crowd cheering.

Then came Thom's solo set. He came on with the guitar he uses when playing songs like Black Swan, and Lotus Flower. I immediately though he was to play Lotus Flower so I got my camera ready. I was in for a real treat when I found out it was an entirely new song. It was such a beautiful song there and what was even more great is that the crowd was completely silent... it added to the ambiance of the setting. Thom then said at the end of the song that he didn't have a title for that one. After this song he played the Daily Mail which was also a great song live on the piano and it sounded so amazing. The way that the piano was mic-ed with the low notes it sounded so good and sort of puts all the recordings to shame. It was one of those moments you had to have been there. Then his finished his solo piano set with Everything in It's Right Place which was great because the crowd started to clap along, though they did get off beat fairly quickly...haha.

Thom then waved on the rest of the band to come on and they played Paperbag Writer which brought the crowd back after having Thom's solo set. I must say that it is such a great song live, and the rest of the crowd really got into it. Next was Judge, Jury & Executioner which to me seemed like the one song that people were the least enthusiastic for. To me though it seemed as though the extended the ending or the ending was a bit different. Then came the Hollow Earth which was such a moving song that Thom danced around to. I love this song and it's really the bass that is so good. Lastly was Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses that I feel is such a perfect way to end a show, the crowd definitely got into this one with the hypnotic bassline and also the lights. what was slightly disappointing about the performance with it is that they faded the song out, so there wasn't this big build up that finished the song.

Also they sort of teased us right at the end by putting the lights on (that normally is for a band to do an encore), and we waited for about 2 mins just to have the show end.

Overall it was a really great/awesome show! The band was so tight and the songs were amazing live. Also the light show was really great!

The one thing that annoyed the hell out of me was that there was this drunk girl that kept making out w/ this guy (i think they just met each other at the show), and they kept bumping into me. It was really annoying, and I wanted to tell them to get a room at one point.

If you guys get the chance to see Thom live do it!

Here's some videos from last night: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegloaming09 (they still need to process so it's not full quality at the moment).

I'll let you guys know how the show goes tonight... I'm seeing him live again :dance:

I probably won't do the setlist this time around but might post some pics

sounds like you had a great time.

flea played melodica?

yeah... that's the instrument

here's my videos (i'm sort of far away compared to others, but i'm hoping to get a lot closer tonite):

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

What's not to get?

They're songs from his solo album. He's playing as the solo Thom Yorke and his band, he's not playing as Radiohead.

I don't get why it's boring when it could be interesting. For starters, it doesn't make sense to have an album released almost 4 years ago be the center piece of your show. He never toured behind it when it was released, and to do so now is anticlimatic.

Even worse is playing one above average album in exact sequence in a mechanical manner. Anyone who has viewed setlists in advance of attending a show can attest to the fact that it's a let down to know exactly what's coming next.

He should be working in more radiohead songs, more cover songs, and changing the set list drastically each night. See Eddie vedder's into the wild tour to see how it should be done.

He should be working in more radiohead songs, more cover songs, and changing the set list drastically each night. See Eddie vedder's into the wild tour to see how it should be done.

mate you're not allowed to do that! you cant use pearl jam or anything associated with pearl jam in any debate relating to setlists. it is not fair. please find another example and come back.

mate you're not allowed to do that! you cant use pearl jam or anything associated with pearl jam in any debate relating to setlists. it is not fair. please find another example and come back.

You mean to tell me it would be that hard to learn 15-20 radiohead songs on acoustic guitar/piano and 5-7 good covers. Then, just sprinkle them in and switch them up every show (5 radiohead songs; 1-2 covers). Come on, any musician could do that; it's just a matter of effort. That's all Eddie did.

I don't get why it's boring when it could be interesting. For starters, it doesn't make sense to have an album released almost 4 years ago be the center piece of your show. He never toured behind it when it was released, and to do so now is anticlimatic.

What? It makes a lot of sense. And jamie explained it just there:

im not too familiar with the tour thom did straight after the release of the eraser but im guessing that he wasnt able to reproduce the songs the way he wanted live on stage. so this was an opportunity to do that as well as perform on stage with people he really respects. it also gives him the chance to get out of the whole radiohead sphere and do something for himself. he has worked with the same 4 guys for the last 20yrs, a slight change in personnel is sometimes good (but nigel's presence keeps some radiohead-ness to the whole ordeal)

flea wants to be a part of this because his own band has all but fallen apart. but i dont feel like going too much into this.

Even worse is playing one above average album in exact sequence in a mechanical manner. Anyone who has viewed setlists in advance of attending a show can attest to the fact that it's a let down to know exactly what's coming next.

Oh come one... sure it's not as great but it's not that bad. When I saw Coldplay I knew exactly what they were going to play, but I was excited to see the songs. I was thinking "Yaaaay! That song is next! Yaaay!"

of course I don't like Coldplay anymore :P

He's doing this tour to play his solo songs with a new band. He's trying to get away from Radiohead and do something different. Is it treally this hard to realise that?

Liam Finn opened for Eddie Vedder on some of his solo shows...that's how it should be done. Haha

You mean to tell me it would be that hard to learn 15-20 radiohead songs on acoustic guitar/piano and 5-7 good covers. Then, just sprinkle them in and switch them up every show (5 radiohead songs; 1-2 covers). Come on, any musician could do that; it's just a matter of effort. That's all Eddie did.

nah haha i was just saying that there really arent any bands like pearl jam out there who do switch setlists so drastically so using they become the ultimate trump card in any debate about setlist. anyways doesnt matter

now in your previous post you said that thom didnt really support the album sufficiently when it was first released. which basically proves the reason i gave before for why he is doing this now. back then he wasnt able to get the right people together at the right time to play his album live on stage. but now he does he is making the most of it. didnt Brian Wilson only start playing Pet Sounds they way it was meant to be, a few years ago?

What? It makes a lot of sense. And jamie explained it just there:

Oh come one... sure it's not as great but it's not that bad. When I saw Coldplay I knew exactly what they were going to play, but I was excited to see the songs. I was thinking "Yaaaay! That song is next! Yaaay!"

of course I don't like Coldplay anymore :P

He's doing this tour to play his solo songs with a new band. He's trying to get away from Radiohead and do something different. Is it treally this hard to realise that?

Liam Finn opened for Eddie Vedder on some of his solo shows...that's how it should be done. Haha

I've seen the show twice, and there is tons of room for improvement. That's all I can say.