✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[24-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Atlanta's Music Midtown Festival

getithom

Everybody Hurts. It replaced Us Against the World on the set list, which kinda sucked for me because UAtW is my favorite of the MX songs.

Also, instead of Rehab, Chris introed Fix You with Georgia on my Mind.

There was no Up in Flames.

Otherwise, the setlist was ACL with the above changes.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix You and IMP are up on youtube.:)

I only had my son record Fix You. It's so hard to enjoy yourself and record at the same time. I sang my little heart out every single song. We showed up at 3:30ish while Joy the Formidable were still performing, and we kept moving up until we got very close to the stage, not front row but I had a very good view.

After the band took a bow 3x at the end of the concert, Chris actually got on his knees and bowed 1x again. He has said that Atlanta is a special place for the band.

I don't know if my old mind can recall the set list. Paradise was played early in the set, no US Against the World. I know they started with MX/Hurts Like Heaven, Yellow, In My Place. After that I can recall the order, but they went on to sing

Major Minus, Lost, The Scientist, Violet Hill, God Put A Smile...., Life is for Living, Politik, Tribute to R.E.M., Viva La Vida, Charlie Brown,

For the encore, Clocks, GA On My Mind intro to Fix you, ETIAW.

What's up. New here, first Coldplay show after 150+ shows by other bands...blown away. Been following extensively since the Rock im Park / Rock am Ring shows. Great great promo run so far for MX, stoked for the album. Had so much fun at the show. My gf lives a mile away so we just walked :)

Here's my video of Everybody Hurts:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVxnNGwko3c]Coldplay - Everybody Hurts (R.E.M. Cover) (Acoustic) - YouTube[/ame]

pics on my Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/musicmark

Setlist report of "it was like ACL" isn't right...

Music Midtown setlist:

MX

Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minor

Paradise

Lost!

The Scientist

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Everybody Hurts (REM Cover) (Acoustic/piano)

Politik

Viva La Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

Encore:

Clocks

Fix You (Georgia On My Mind intro)

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Hope this helps!

..waiting on the youtube vid.

I also took video of the intro..does anyone want to see that too?

Hey Kaleigh, long time, no "see." I'm glad you got to see them in Atlanta! I still remember the Tampa fiasco...oh well...now that I've seen them 3 times in the last 6 weeks, I think I'm finally over it. :cool: I was front row in the middle last week in Austin and it was so great.

Hey Kaleigh, long time, no "see." I'm glad you got to see them in Atlanta! I still remember the Tampa fiasco...oh well...now that I've seen them 3 times in the last 6 weeks, I think I'm finally over it. :cool: I was front row in the middle last week in Austin and it was so great.

Hey!!! I've been so busy with school lately! I was finally in the "pit" tonight and was super close! It def made up for Tampa. I love their new stuff! 3 times in 6 weeks?? JEALOUS! That's so awesome!!

Hey!!! I've been so busy with school lately! I was finally in the "pit" tonight and was super close! It def made up for Tampa. I love their new stuff! 3 times in 6 weeks?? JEALOUS! That's so awesome!!

Yes, 3 times :) It's been great. Saw them at that "small" UCLA show last month. And sweet-talked our way into the ACL show taping (Up In Flames is beautiful!), then front row for the ACL festival. I think that might hold me until they tour.

Yes, 3 times :) It's been great. Saw them at that "small" UCLA show last month. And sweet-talked our way into the ACL show taping (Up In Flames is beautiful!), then front row for the ACL festival. I think that might hold me until they tour.

what!! how'd you sweet talk your way into the taping? that is so cool!

Music Midtown 2011

So, after all this time, I finally got to experience Coldplay live tonight at the festival. One of my best birthday presents yet! Got as close to the front as we could (had a friend with me). The bass was blowing me away at times, but it was a totally awesome, unforgettable experience. "Mylo Xyloto", "Hurts Like Heaven", "Major Minus", "Paradise", "Charlie Brown". . . all the new ones they played sounded great. Yes, even "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall". It was a shame that they didn't play "Us Against the World", but the tribute was nice anyway. I can't wait for them to come back around this way (Alabama/Georgia) again so I can see them for a second time. And, I've got to say, even if you don't like some of the new songs from what you've heard, hearing them live is a totally different experience that changes everything about the song. In the end, you haven't truly heard the song until you've heard it live and in person. Great job to the boys and I can't wait to see what they do next! If anyone wants to know anything about the concert/festival, feel free to ask! Cheers.

What's up. New here, first Coldplay show after 150+ shows by other bands...blown away. Been following extensively since the Rock im Park / Rock am Ring shows. Great great promo run so far for MX, stoked for the album. Had so much fun at the show. My gf lives a mile away so we just walked :)

Here's my video of Everybody Hurts:

Coldplay - Everybody Hurts (R.E.M. Cover) (Acoustic) - YouTube

pics on my Facebook at www.facebook.com/musicmark

Setlist report of "it was like ACL" isn't right...

Music Midtown setlist:

MX

Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minor

Paradise

Lost!

The Scientist

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Everybody Hurts (REM Cover) (Acoustic/piano)

Politik

Viva La Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

Encore:

Clocks

Fix You (Georgia On My Mind intro)

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Hope this helps!

If you, by chance, have that 'Georgia on My Mind Intro' I may or may not kill to have that...

If you do please post it, it will make my week. ;)

Edit: Welcome to the boards!

If you, by chance, have that 'Georgia on My Mind Intro' I may or may not kill to have that...

If you do please post it, it will make my week. ;)

Edit: Welcome to the boards!

I think I filmed that intro. Will check when I get back to Austin in a few hours. Took lots of pics as well.

Awesome! Thank you JimmyD!

Your welcome :)

I've got some time to kill so I'll post my review for now. Pics and videos to follow later today.

First off I have to thank AFeather for the ticket. I got to Atlanta around 11am and headed to the park. I had to pick up tickets from will call, which took forever as Coldplay was the last band to go on, so they were printing their guest list last. While waiting in line I met a guy who I later found out was the bass player for The Constellations. Turns out everyone had to wait a long time to get credentials, even the artists. The will call was next to the box office by the way. The whole event seemed unorganized, but I got my ticket and heeded for the gate. Once there I was told I couldn't take my backpack in (a backpack I had already received approval for the day before). However the 'nice' lady working the event told me about a secret side business nearby at the bicycle check in. They were also checking in bags for off-the-books 2 dollar donations. The hush-hush way they went about it made the event even more odd and unprofessional, but I didn't have a choice, so I did it. Once inside I spotted people with larger backpacks and dslr's with no press pass. Still wondering how one girl snuck in a 70-200mm lens.

The only thing that made this event worthwhile was Coldplay. I was lucky enough to be among the first few rows near Jonny's side. The guys seemed to be very comfortable this time around. Guy was all smiles and I even caught him laughing at something he spotted in the crowd a few times. Chris also looked to be a little more loose than normal. He was making funny faces the entire night and looked to be interacting with individual people in the audience. They made a few mentions about how important Atlanta is to them. The switch outs from the regular setlist were definitely crowd pleasers. Overall I got the feeling that their confidence was really high. I haven't had any real sleep in a few days so I know there is a lot I'm missing, but once I go through pics and videos, I'm sure I'll be reminded of some more great moments. One thing I won't miss is how muddy I got there. It was like a mini Glastonbury as you got closet to the stage.