✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lover's In Japan Live (dont you miss it?)

VIVA.42

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfwaJty16e4]YouTube - ‪MTV World Stage-Coldplay-Live From Japan-Lovers In Japan HD 1080i.avi‬‏[/ame]

Do you miss it? i miss it :( i miss the Viva Era concert's im not saying i hate the LP5 era live shows cause i love it but i miss this song live.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't around before 2008 and Coldplay already made fantastic shows. I know lots of people would miss Viva La Vida if it was left out, so I get your point. They won't do that of course, I certainly wouldn't mind though.

Still, I'd rather have Lovers in Japan than Lost. But I'm really glad with the addition of older songs. Shiver! Everything's Not Lost! Life Is For Living!!

Guest howyousawtheworld

I miss this song as well. I'm really amazed not to have seen it played live yet as it was one of the most popular live songs from the last tour (with band and the fans).

Drop Lost for it.

Or drop Lost for Princess of China. I prefer Lost! on the record than the live version and I don't think it's a song where many people go 'OMG Lost was AMAZING' if you know what I mean.

I never liked "Lost!" anywhere close to as much as LIJ. In fact, I never liked "Lost!" much at all.

That said, LIJ live is a lot more effective with the butterflies, so unless they bring those back, I'm not too devastated.

I'd rather they replace "Lost!" with an X&Y track, actually.

I agree with what everyone says about Lovers in Japan being better than Lost! I can never get into Lost! and it's the only track on Viva that I don't listen to on a regular basis.

They should replace it with LiJ, LiTii, Speed of Sound, or Strawberry Swing

I'll probably get ranted against when I say this . . . but In My Place should be replaced also :curtain: It's my least favorite of Coldplay's singles (except for The Hardest Part).

I agree with what everyone says about Lovers in Japan being better than Lost! I can never get into Lost! and it's the only track on Viva that I don't listen to on a regular basis.

They should replace it with LiJ, LiTii, Speed of Sound, or Strawberry Swing

I'll probably get ranted against when I say this . . . but In My Place should be replaced also :curtain: It's my least favorite of Coldplay's singles (except for The Hardest Part).

agreed on the first part, but are you mental?? taking out IMP ??? the only songs i would allow that for were: Spies, White Shadows, Square One or Swallowed in the Sea

they should rather get rid of the scientist, lalalaaa i'd better run for it now:laugh3:

agreed on the first part, but are you mental?? taking out IMP ??? the only songs i would allow that for were: Spies, White Shadows, Square One or Swallowed in the Sea

they should rather get rid of the scientist, lalalaaa i'd better run for it now:laugh3:

:whistle: I find it really boring for some reason (believe me, I've tried to get into it and it hasn't worked) and the only good part is when the crowd joins in on the 'yeaaaahhh' bit. I would rather them start playing PoC again!

Spies = :thumbsup: I would die if they played it live

Aww, come on, THE SCIENTIST? And I'm mental? :P

I'm with you Kansas....IMP is a lot more forgettable than some of the aforementioned tracks.

But as a live song I imagine it's a huge asset - it's very catchy, one of the most powerful singalongs you can get... you simply don't get that from a song like Spies as good as it is (and I like Spies better). So we can only hope that the band establishes the right balance between crowd pleasers and hardcore-fan pleasers. Perhaps if they clued in to the fact that there is more intersection between those two categories than they think... :)

And I, in turn, agree with you Moses :D

@ Juanif - I would have to say that, in light of what Moses said, Viva is THE greatest singalong the guys have (maybe that any band has) and it will get the crowds riled up no matter what the circumstances. I can't see them replacing it anytime soon, it's become a setlist staple the same as Clocks and Yellow (and IMP, I suppose :P )

And I, in turn, agree with you Moses :D

@ Juanif - I would have to say that, in light of what Moses said, Viva is THE greatest singalong the guys have (maybe that any band has) and it will get the crowds riled up no matter what the circumstances. I can't see them replacing it anytime soon, it's become a setlist staple the same as Clocks and Yellow (and IMP, I suppose :P )

I agree with you, Viva La Vida is one of the best singalong songs, I really enjoyed it myself when I went to their gig last year, and even called my mom who was back in Montevideo so she could listen this song live :P She really loves that song.

My point was that if they had to choose between removing IMP or VLV of their setlist, I would rather VLV being removed, not that I want them to remove that song, it's awesome to sing the ooooh part :P But lets say is not one of my favourites Coldplay songs :)

I think it would be cool if they kind of started their setlists off with the John Hopkins Intro, then go into Life In Technicolor ii, sort of as a way of starting where they left off from the viva la vida tour.