✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lover's In Japan Live (dont you miss it?)

VIVA.42

It's a crime LiTii isn't still played - it's a far, far better song than many others imho, apart from the fact that it's not as well known.

Many 'semi-casual' fans I know rave about it as one of their best tracks ever.

Lost is a really strange one for me. No casual fan I've ever spoken to knows it, far more know LiJ. I'd probably rather hear anything else from the Viva era, even CoL. It's great to dance to, it's a bit of an anthem (think Chris likes those??? :laugh3:) but it's far from a classic. I think they just like the change of pace at a gig, but for me they have enough anyway. (Trying to please the 'dance/crossover crowd' as much as they did with ETIaW? Possibly.)

Lovers in Japan is my favourite ever song played live since the Rush of Blood tour (except Politik), but I don't think it's the same in anything larger than arenas, and I will always miss the magic of the confetti (just like having the Yellow balloons in Lost - it's heresy!!)

That said, it beats Lost out of any festival...

But at least they played it for me in Newcastle :flutterby: :dance:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the times with the balloons during Yellow and the butterflies during Lovers in Japan.

I know that ballons with butterflies or rather X and M shaped confetti are sent around during Lost! but it is not the same.

I too would like a return to the old procedure with balloons during Yellow and replacement of Lost with Lovers in Japan including the butterflies.

wow im glad i have so much support on this it was awesome live i also wanna see strawberry swing and LITii return and take out lost and i know im gonna get hated on but i think they should also take out in my place its not the same with him not running to jonny at the end of the solo :p

I like Lovers in Japan live! I miss it. Everything else with confetti feels weird. :/

I do prefer Lost! though. It's a great song, and I think it pushed their sound in a really good, original direction. But I'm clearly outnumbered here :)

I like Lovers in Japan live! I miss it. Everything else with confetti feels weird. :/

I do prefer Lost! though. It's a great song, and I think it pushed their sound in a really good, original direction. But I'm clearly outnumbered here :)

I'm with you on Lost!, I really like that song much more than Lovers in Japan, however, I like Lovers in Japan as well. But I hope they keep the classics in the setlist, like Yellow, In My Place, The Scientist, Politik, Clocks, Fix You and Everything's Not Lost. Those songs just never get old for me =P. Maybe even constantly changing God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, the new one sounds fantastic and I wonder what else they can do with it.

I wish they played this setlist

Life in technicolor 2

Hurts like heaven

Viva la vida

Charlie brown

Swallowed in the Sea

Fix you

The scientist

Clocks or speed of sound

Strawberry Swing

Christmas Lights

Wedding bells :)

Lovers in japan

Til kingdom come

In my place

Every teardrop is a waterfall

And to end it all off Death and all his friends :)

These are not in order except death and all his friends and life in technicolor 2

also other songs if this setlist is too short.

I wish they played this setlist

Life in technicolor 2

Hurts like heaven

Viva la vida

Charlie brown

Swallowed in the Sea

Fix you

The scientist

Clocks or speed of sound

Strawberry Swing

Christmas Lights

Wedding bells :)

Lovers in japan

Til kingdom come

In my place

Every teardrop is a waterfall

And to end it all off Death and all his friends :)

These are not in order except death and all his friends and life in technicolor 2

also other songs if this setlist is too short.

christmas lights maybe in december and im sure they would play clocks rather than speed of sound.. why cant they just have a endless setlist of all they're songs :( lol

Is it just me or Chris' singing was a bit awful in that video? I love LiJ, it's one of my favorite songs off VLV, so yeah i'd love to see it brought back.

Not really, but he does strain a *teensy* bit to hit the note on "see what I'm ALL about." But looking at his more recent singing in Christmas Lights and Charlie Brown in particular, as well as plain Chris in this year's tour, you can tell he's really tightening his game. And he's just a little less loosy goosy than he was during VLV so not only would he have better technique, but he'd also not to be super tired from an excess of dancing.

Coldplay should have a page where fans can make their own set and Coldplay vote for the chosen setlist :dance: :dance:

Definitely, then Coldplay can pull a Muse and completely ignore the poll results.

LiT 1 > LiT 2

There, I said it.

Trufax. :nod:

^ Glasto 2005 was pretty great :P but that was 6 years ago, and Parachutes was only 5 years old instead of 11 years old. Plus, I'm pretty sure they still played ENL in the setlists frequently :thinking:

Nowadays, there just aren't that many people that know about it outside the Coldplay fansites. It is a fantastic singalong, and I have nothing against them playing it if the crowd is willing, but with the crowd response from the last few times it's been played, I think they could replace it with another song that more people know.

Not bashing the song, or anything, I just think that, for now, there are better song choices out there :P