✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What would you name "LP5"?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't received a large amount of information on the title of the latest album and I think there's only so much we can speculate on with the info we have (hopefully this will change in about 6 hours though!!).

Since there is only so much we can speculate on with the info we have presently, I got an idea. I was reading about something (another great artist I listen to :P ) Five for Fighting did back in 2009. He let the fans suggest different titles for his new album and from his favorites of those had the fans vote on the best title. IF Coldplay were to do this, hypothetically speaking, what title What would YOU suggest for an album title? Why?

I've always been a traditionalist in terms of album names; I love how Coldplay always name their albums after a song on the album itself (or two in the case of VlVorDaAHF). But. If I had the choice, I would say "Spray Can Soul." For one thing it's a really great lyric in Hurts Like Heaven, which supposedly with start off the album with MX. Also, it goes so well with the whole graffiti theme and what Coldplay have been doing with the artworks and the ETIAW video. I really love the whole idea of LP5 from what we've heard and I think that title works perfectly (besides the UFO part of it I mean. :|). It may not fit ideally with the supposed cover (Walking Man) but otherwise I think it would be a very clever, and well-fit moniker for the new album. [:

Hey, they did something like that with one of my favourite bands too, "Ghost of the Robot". Fantastic band, and have great fan service. But to be honest, for some reason, I may not want Coldplay to do that, considering, up until now, I've literally loved EVERYTHING they put out, and I just want more of it, even if it's just a title :P. Personally I like MX, it's simple, yet the meaning can be very complex. If I saw that, with a tracklist including UFO, I would have definately checked it out if I didn't know Coldplay. It seems weirdly interesting :)

I don't know what the name of the album is but I firmly believe it's not MX. What kind of a band releases the song they named the album after before the album is released?

After the success of Viva La Vida (the song not the album) I think they'll try another hit song-title instead of making the title a slow song like "Parachutes" or "X&Y."

I hope you guys understand what I mean, I can't seem to find the right phrasing to explain lol.

Think about it. What have all the clues of the LP5 era come from? Murals. The graffiti. And what are the clues on the graffiti? Mnemonics. CK, UFO, MX.

"Watching Jonny Buckland work on a new bit to DLIBYH" -Chris

"Jonny was in there working on his epic lead for MTM" - R42

It all makes sense. I think Mnemonics and Murals will not only be the name of the album, but also a song on the album. Add ETIAW, POC, CB, UATW, MM, MX/HLH, GA, UFO, CK, and DLIBYH, and you have a complete album. :)

And Chris said they wanted 3 songs that started with the same letter.

Major Minus

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

Mnemonics and Murals

- (Don't think MTM will be on the album though, that's why it was on the EP, not the single.)

My Complete Prediction (After Research)

Coldplay

Mnemonics And Murals

(NO WRITING ON COVER!!!)

1. MX/Hurts Like Heaven

2. Major Minus

3. Princess Of China

4. Charlie Brown

5. Golden Arrow

6. Us Against The World

7. UFO

8. Mnemonics And Murals