✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see the TMZ article about Chris giving tickets to Lindsay Lohan for last night's show? I had no idea these two were friends. I guess he probably feels sorry for her????

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/04/lindsay-lohan-coldplay-chris-martin-concert-tickets-tix-comped-gift-present-ucla/

That's seriously so strange. I know I shouldn't believe a WORD tmz says, but still, that's weird. Since when does Chris even communicate with Lindsay Lohan, let alone give her free tickets in the front?

So here's my detailed concert review. First, I was wearing my VLV blue shirt and a fedora hat, so in case anyone saw me. Our seats were Sec. 9, it was a little bit to the right of the stage but nonetheless, smack dab in the middle of the venue. Perfect! I actually was singing out loud and proud to all of the songs. People around me were actually pretty cool enough not to be rude and do stupid stuff during the show. I was standing for most of it, except for the slower songs where I try to sit and maybe rest my voice as well. :D A good handful of people around me were standing around and was enjoying the concert. However, I noticed that most of the people around the venue were seating down and didn't seem into the songs, especially the non-single ones. :rolleyes: Even the ones in the pit didn't seem all that lively. What a shame. Loved that they played Everything's Not Lost. I remember when they pulled out their big drums for VLV, my mom was able to notice it and point it out to me and tell me what they're gonna play. Was actually proud of her for that. Was surprised they didn't play Violet Hill. Still not a big fan of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face. Fix You is still shiver inducing. From my perspective, it was a great concert, maybe minus the crowd but I didn't give much care about them as I wasn't there to see them :P

PS. I kinda wish I brought my DSLR since they didn't seem too concerned about that (They were more into checking the ID to see if the tickets matches your name) but at the same time I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the concert as much as I did. Crappy pictures will be up later.:P

ETA: The photos can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/funtiveros/

Here are the few pics that look ok, from section 15.. I am NOT happy that my "full view" was NOT a full view. I had to wait till 4 people left to get these as it was!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150269819902545.324817.578137544&l=26c639d86d&type=1

I was NOT happy that my "full view" was NOT a full view in Section 2. :( I'm going to write Ticketmaster about it. Not sure they will/can do anything, but it was SO disappointing that I could only see Will (Ok, will is NOT disappointing at all!) but I couldn't see Jonny or Guy at all, and only saw Chris because he moves around :( I understand it was a benefit, and all, but paying that much to not be able to see? SO not happy about it.

Loved every minute of the show. I'm sad that it's over. However, the crowd was lame except for us coldplayers. ha ha. :D In one of my videos taken during "Us Against the World" you can actually hear a guy booing. Can you believe that?!?!?

My videos are being uploaded and processed as we speak. It may take awhile to get it all up on YouTube.

Dianne.. Please let me know what you write, because I wanted to write as well. We could see Guy.. and that was it! A little of Will.. but only Chris when he was at the edge of the stage and never saw Johnny!! I am really pissed.. but have a situation at the moment where I am trying to keep my heart rate down... lol NOT HAPPY HERE! We were told FULL VIEW too and it was obstructed BIG TIME!

The scam. Yes there was one.

I bought four hard copy tickets two weeks ago from a guy on craigslist. Met face to face and didn't seem fishy.

Got to the show and sure enough they don't scan.

Will Call reveals they're fake, and there have been plenty other fakes that evening.

BUT tickets were still available to buy, right there at the venue. We got 4 tickets in section 15 for $150 a piece. The people next to us had the same story to tell (scammed but bought tickets at the venue after finding out)

First time I've ever been scammed on craigslist. Bound to happen I guess.

Loved every minute of the show. I'm sad that it's over. However, the crowd was lame except for us coldplayers. ha ha. :D In one of my videos taken during "Us Against the World" you can actually hear a guy booing. Can you believe that?!?!?

My videos are being uploaded and processed as we speak. It may take awhile to get it all up on YouTube.

The first time I saw them was in Boston 10 years ago, and people actually threw bottles and booed. The boys were really shaken by it! But I thought those days were gone. I know some great people from LA, but it has more a**holes per capita than any US city I've visited, except Newark,lol. (No offense if anyone here is from Newark!)

A few other comments about last night. It could have been so much better.

LA crowds always suck but this was a new low. Coldplay deserves more.

To me, Coldplay evened the score by playing Every Teardrop and Charlie Brown twice. So they had to move those two songs up in the set to tape the Kimmel segment. They were great then. Replace them different songs at the end of the set.

After the great encore that included Rehab-->Fix You...

Chris: "Everybody have time for one more?"

Audience: Uproarious applause (even for this lame audience. That's how good Fix You was)

Chris: "You'll have to forget the fact that you just heard us play it for Jimmy Kimmel."

Audience literally deflates and begins filing out.

They're better showmen than that. I was disappointed by the audience and the band.

Dianne.. Please let me know what you write, because I wanted to write as well. We could see Guy.. and that was it! A little of Will.. but only Chris when he was at the edge of the stage and never saw Johnny!! I am really pissed.. but have a situation at the moment where I am trying to keep my heart rate down... lol NOT HAPPY HERE! We were told FULL VIEW too and it was obstructed BIG TIME!

It was so disappointing...sigh...But I"ve seen them many times. I'm uploading some of my crappy pictures now, so I'll have some. At least I had a good view of Will. But still. Couldn't see any of the lighting, graphics, nothing. It was fun, though, and I danced and sang while the losers around me just sat and talked and played with their phones. I'm going to see them in Austin next month, and will do what I can to be up front.

My daughter and Kelly's seats had a full view, and now my daughter is a fan :) So something good came out of it all. Her facebook status" "Thanks a lot, mom. I love Coldplay now." My work is done. :laugh3:

A few other comments about last night. It could have been so much better.

LA crowds always suck but this was a new low. Coldplay deserves more.

To me, Coldplay evened the score by playing Every Teardrop and Charlie Brown twice. So they had to move those two songs up in the set to tape the Kimmel segment. They were great then. Replace them different songs at the end of the set.

After the great encore that included Rehab-->Fix You...

Chris: "Everybody have time for one more?"

Audience: Uproarious applause (even for this lame audience. That's how good Fix You was)

Chris: "You'll have to forget the fact that you just heard us play it for Jimmy Kimmel."

Audience literally deflates and begins filing out.

They're better showmen than that. I was disappointed by the audience and the band.

I've only seen them in LA/Orange County, and the crowds were never this bad. I just watched the Jimmy Kimmel interview and lead in. I didn't realize he BUSSED his whole audience to the concert! Maybe that's why there were so many people who didn't give a rip. I don't know...I loved seeing them again, loved the new songs, loved running into them "behind the scenes," but I really think they feed off the crowd, and this crowd sucked, except for the few Coldplayers I could see dancing and who at least knew the beats of the songs! We were in Row 15, Sec 2, then moved down to like row 9, but we could see so many people just not getting into it. I think it would have been better if all the tickets had been sold. At least when you buy at ticket and you're spending your own money, you have *some* interest to make that effort. Oh well...I'll be seeing them many more times in the future and can't wait for their tour to start!