✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

‪Coldplay - In My Place (Live @ UCLA Tennis Center)‬‏ - YouTube[/url] enjoy guys! I will be uploading more vids soon!

The crowd was so dead...I believe ppl were SITTING. You could totally tell that people who didn't give a crap won the tickets and just said, "eh ok, I'll go". The guy sitting behind me grabbed me by the shoulder mid-Viva and asked if I was going to sit down...I really couldn't believe it. The 2 girls sitting in front of me sang the shit out of Viva and then asked me what song they were playing (Life is For Living). Definitely not a crowd of diehards like myself.

Holy smokes! Im sorry for the part when they grabbed you to ask you to sit down... that really described the general (if not all) audience at the concert lol...

I wonder if you sat down or called a CSC member to kick him out of the venue :laugh3:

Anyway, Coldplay always gives its best and we all know to appreciate it and make up for the ones that were there just to "sit their arses in a comfortable chair"... Thanks for the vids, the boys are sounding better than ever!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My review?.....exactly what Dianne said!

(And Dianne, your kids are so adorable it's ridiculous.

What wasn't cool? Just completely missing many of the coldplayers on the boards here.....Julie!! I was so exhausted from my flight from Chicago. I was catching up with my longtime friend from LA, jabbering like crazy and suddenly it was time to go in and I'd missed meeting/talking to some of the CPers :(

So Julie, another show for sure!!!

What was cool:

Coming up on Guy, with security, on the way to the bathrooms hidden in the tunnel. Of course it was so unexpected I could only tell him about being excited for the show. He stopped and acted like he was going to wait for a split second so what do I do? Say "thanks again for the show, we're really looking forward to it" turn and just leave him!!!! So he replies " thanks, we are too" at me as I'm scurrying down the stairs!.... ..am I the BIGGEST idiot around? ( I did have to pee pretty bad)

I was afraid Dianne and Tracy would think I was making it up- but her Hubbies subsequent urinal experience trumps them all.

Overall, good times on the Coldplaying trail, as always.

Aww, you're sweet to say that about my kids. And thank you for putting up with two 12 year old girls! Robin is now a convert.

My husband is not inclined to give out the details of the urinal encounter, lol. Being female, I have no idea of proper urinal etiquette, but I was told it does not entail striking up a conversation with a stranger. :dead:

Have a great time at Lolla!!! We will have to do the CA Road Trip 2012!!! And let me know if you happen to change your mind about Austin. We'd love to hang out again.

The crowd was so dead...I believe ppl were SITTING. You could totally tell that people who didn't give a crap won the tickets and just said, "eh ok, I'll go". The guy sitting behind me grabbed me by the shoulder mid-Viva and asked if I was going to sit down...I really couldn't believe it. The 2 girls sitting in front of me sang the shit out of Viva and then asked me what song they were playing (Life is For Living). Definitely not a crowd of diehards like myself.

I can't BELIEVE you were asked to sit down! The people behind me sat and talked loudly through the whole show, while I sang and danced the whole night. Then they had the nerve to ask my husband to take their picture during Viva. Like they were some great fans or something. Then when it ended, they acted all sad that it was over. So I turned around and said, "no they will play 3 more songs, Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW." They were SHOCKED that I knew that., but then said that they knew I must be a big fan because I knew all the words to all the songs. They had no idea who they were talking to. :laugh3:

My videos are finally uploaded!!!

edit: how do i embed youtube videos on this site? please help!!

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out :P Hope you all enjoy!

Yellow:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

In My Place:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Charlie Brown:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Us Against the World- Note: there is a guy who is booing during the middle of the video :veryangry2:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Holy smokes! Im sorry for the part when they grabbed you to ask you to sit down... that really described the general (if not all) audience at the concert lol...

I wonder if you sat down or called a CSC member to kick him out of the venue :laugh3:

Anyway, Coldplay always gives its best and we all know to appreciate it and make up for the ones that were there just to "sit their arses in a comfortable chair"... Thanks for the vids, the boys are sounding better than ever!

I politely said "No" and quickly resumed dancing my ass off haha. SIT DOWN AT A ROCK CONCERT?!? NO THANK YOU! As long as my legs work and I am healthy, I will pay homage to my favorite live acts thank you.

I can't BELIEVE you were asked to sit down! The people behind me sat and talked loudly through the whole show, while I sang and danced the whole night. Then they had the nerve to ask my husband to take their picture during Viva. Like they were some great fans or something. Then when it ended, they acted all sad that it was over. So I turned around and said, "no they will play 3 more songs, Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW." They were SHOCKED that I knew that., but then said that they knew I must be a big fan because I knew all the words to all the songs. They had no idea who they were talking to. :laugh3:

Oh man, I'm sorry that they bugged you for a photo. It's funny how you can tell the die-hards from the band-waggoners. As soon as Viva is over, all interest is lost lolol.

Read if you like...it's a long review. :P Also skip ahead to 8pm if you just want to hear about the show. ;)

Last night's concert was just unbelievable. I'll start from the beginning... :P

12:30pm- We get there, find parking, and we're on our way to go buy our parking pass, but a nice man asks if we wanted to buy his all day parking pass for $9 since we were going to buy one anyways. Good luck right when we got there because parking is usually $18. So we walk over to the tennis center location and we are the first ones there! We had no idea where to stand in line for the Priority access tickets so we just kind of hung out in front of the main entrance. My friend and I decided to go take a walk around the venue to see if we find anyone. :P We found a good location to see the sound check where you could see the whole stage and stadium for that matter which would later get blocked off a bit. We kept walking but we didn't see anything too interesting. We start off back to go join my sister and brother in line at the main entrance because it's really hot walking around. When we get back there's still no one else there and we're all hungry so my sister and brother go get us food.

2:30pm-While my sister and brother go get food my friend and I decide to try to find out where we have to line up. No one is telling us anything but we keep seeing them carrying around signs that pertain to where we have to stand, but when we ask one of the men carrying one they don’t know anything. :dozey: Finally a guy comes up to us and asks us what info is it that we are exactly seeking and he told us where we had to stand finally! :D But he said like 4 people had just lined up. :facepalm: We were the first ones there and we were standing in the wrong spot the whole time. It's okay though...the seats of the first 4 people and ours weren't that much of a big difference location-wise.

3:00pm- My sister and brother are back with food! :D So my friend and I eat and then I hear what appears to be a sound check since it was ETIAW and it sounded live...but when we get to the spot we had found earlier we see there's no one from Coldplay on stage sound checking but just the roadies setting up. I did see Matt McGinn setting up. :)

4:00pm- This next hour is spent waiting, waiting, and more waiting, well the whole time was waiting. :P We go to the restroom and when I come back I see that some Coldplayers were asking for me. :D I was kind of nervous to go say hi to you guys at first...but then picked up some courage and went over there. You guys are all very lovely and nice by the way. It was pretty cool meeting you guys Jason, Dianne, Tracey, Kelly, and I don't remember catching any more names...but nevertheless anyone who I met there was great! :) Oh and Dianne's daughter called us Coldplay-geeks. :lol: It's cool, I don't mind. :P

5:00pm- My friend Wendy and I decide to go walk around the soccer fields(which is where we are lined up) and when we get back to the line I ask my friend if she'd like to go take another walk around the tennis center...my Coldplay senses must have been tingling because when we got to the spot we had found earlier...I see a man sitting at the drumset with a hat and the type of shirt Will would wear...I had trouble seeing now because they had blocked off the area a bit with a fence so I had to be standing on the tips of my toes. I see Jason and ask him if he thinks that man is Will, and he believes it is too. :D I decide to just stand on the fence to get a better view and I see the whole band down there sound checking. :D They sound checked ETIAW, Charlie Brown, In My Place, and Hurts Like Heaven. Poor Will, he had a towel on his head for half the time because the sun was hitting them all directly in the face. Chris said sorry to everyone, cause I'm sure he knew we were out there listening :P, and he said they must go now because it was really hot. But that was enough for me just seeing them finally in over two years with my own eyes. :D It was even worth my feet and legs hurting from standing on that fence. :P

6:00pm.-We get back in line with my brother who was saving our spot, and the line is getting quite large now...by 6:15 it was really long. They must have given out many tickets. I'm not sure the exact time they started giving us our tix but we finally get them and my friend and I are in section 10, row 11, seats 1 and 2, and my brother and sister got Section 7, Row 5. I was at the center, and my sister had a bit of a side view but both our locations were great since it was a tiny venue. We were so happy to finally be in there. So we were waiting for a while just sitting there talking.

7:00pm-We decide to go walk around the venue and see if they are selling any Coldplay merchandise but we asked a worker there and they said no merchandise was being sold anywhere in or near the venue. So afterwards we went to the restroom, we were going to go to the one downstairs but we decided to use the one upstairs instead since it was closer. Bad mistake. :( We still took a trip downstairs afterwards only for me to bump into another friend who was also there and she told me that I just missed Coldplay passing by literally like a minute beforehand. :dead: I was very sad at that moment…if I had just gotten there a little quicker!! She told me she didn’t speak to them but that they were just using the restroom downstairs real quick and then left real quickly, but that they were literally just five feet away from her. Ah…you guys can imagine my frustration with myself at that point. :P She got it on video too. :) I’m happy that she got to see them so close but I just wish I had been there too. She told me that Chris and Guy are even better looking in person…she’s definitely a fangirl of them now I think. :lol: I went back to my seat now and I saw Miller passing by so I yelled his name and said hello and waved hello as well. :)

8:00pm-It was now almost show time but I was looking around the venue and I saw a couple of familiar faces. Dan the soundman in his sound location on the floor, I’m pretty sure I saw Vicky Taylor walking around in a black dress, and Matt was still on stage setting up of course(It seemed to me like he was up there working the most:P) and I also saw Hoppy working up there. :D My friend and I decided we would go say hi after the show to Dan. :P So finally it’s 8:20 and I think they delayed the start a bit to wait until everyone got to their seats because it was still pretty empty at 8pm , well anyways, the show finally starts around that time and it was just amazing! I had such a great time jumping and singing along to the music. I just couldn’t believe I was seeing Coldplay again, well I can believe it cause it happened of course but ah…it was just so incredible. I get this feeling every time I see them. I thought they sounded great, and they looked to be enjoying it for the most part, but I have to say that the crowd was pretty lame. :shifty: My friend and I stood the whole time of course and I didn’t care that the people behind me couldn’t see. I was not going to lessen my fun by sitting just for their benefit, they could have stood too. Anyways, everyone stood up only for Viva La Vida, but the ladies next to me were great and so were a few people around in my section, they were clapping and singing along the whole time as well and mostly standing. :D They performed Charlie Brown and ETIAW twice so I heard those two songs a total of 3 times that day including the sound check. I love those two songs so it wasn’t that big of a deal but I was really hoping to hear Shiver this time. Maybe next time I suppose. Also I thought Charlie Brown was better the second time around since more people were more into it and jumping than the recorded version. I recorded only two videos but they aren’t that great because I didn’t have a zoom option. They sound good though. :) My brother took some pictures as well but they aren’t like close up. The highlights of songs for me personally were Life Is For Living, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, and Viva La Vida. Well Viva La Vida is my favorite song so that’s self explanatory, and I just love Life is For Living so much. It’s such a nice song, and I never really thought I’d get to ever hear it live. As for GPASUYF, I just think it sounds amazing the way they play it now, it’s so energetic, and it just sounds incredible. It’s definitely my favorite version. :) Chris threw his guitar really high in the air this time at the end; I was actually afraid that it might break. :P Those were highlights but really Coldplay’s whole performance was just all around great for me. They had not fireworks in this show but they did have the confetti. Jimmy Kimmel also made an appearance for his tv show and was just explaining some things. He also jested at Chris though by saying that we understood nothing of which Chris had just explained to us. I understood everything Chris had said! :P Also during the show Chris said something about them being happy they finally got back to LA after 2 and a half years…and he also complimented the crowd about being great singers and that maybe that was the reason LA is known for all their talent…but I think he was just being nice to be honest…the crowd wasn’t that great like mentioned earlier. So anyways yes I had a fantastic time throughout the show just enjoying myself seeing my favorite band performing again and I can’t wait to see them again! :dance:

10:00pm- The concert ended around 10 something and here’s the thing I hadn’t mentioned earlier during my review for the actual concert…I had seen the back of Phil’s head next to Dan during the concert. I was pretty sure it was him just by his hairstyle, so I told my friend that I really want to go down there and meet him after the concert. Phil however left during one of the songs in the middle of the concert and I thought that was it for that idea but he returned about a song or two later. :D We waited until the last song ended and Coldplay did their bows, we grabbed our stuff, and headed towards the direction where Phil was. We quickly ran on the seats of people as it was easier than going all the way around and it was convenient because everyone was still standing. Once we were in the main aisle we saw that a mean security lady we had seen earlier was blocking one of the ways to get to Phil so we took another way very quickly. We were DETERMINED! :lol: So we finally got to Phil but he was talking to a couple; therefore I just waited patiently, and then they asked me to take a picture of them and so of course I did. :D Phil was about to turn around buy I asked him if I could please have a picture as well. He told me I could! We talked for a like a minute before he took the picture and he was telling me that it seemed that the bigger fans were in the back rather than the front, but I told him yeah that’s true but that I still had a great time nonetheless. He also agreed with me that the show was amazing. At that time I was just so happy that I was meeting him. I was kind of embarrassed though because my voice was kind of gone from all the singing and screaming during the show but he understood. :lol: He said he had to go so we took our picture and we shook hands. :D He was so nice! He’s also very tall and even more handsome in person as well. :blush: I was just so surprised that that encounter had just happened! It definitely made the night even better than it already was! My friend took the picture with her camera so I don’t have it to show but I will post it as soon as I have it! Wendy (my friend) and I quickly went to go get some confetti from the pit and we grabbed as much as our arms could carry because my sister had my bag. I saw my brother and sister soon afterwards back up on the seats and I went to join them and free my arms of things. Then Wendy and I realized we forgot to say hi to Dan in our excitement of seeing Phil and he was still in his sound place but the same mean security guard didn’t let us go down there to say hi to him and made us leave. :shifty: Well my night had already been made with Phil, and the only thing that could beat it now was to meet the rest of Coldplay, but that unfortunately did not happen this time…but I hope it will someday! I saw the other Coldplayers that I mentioned earlier on my way out, and I talked to Dianne and Tracey for a bit on the way to the parking lot. :) I’m really happy that you guys made eye contact with Will, saw Jonny’s amazing smile, and got a wave from Chris. :D It was really nice meeting you two. :)

So that’s my review, sorry for it being lengthy but I warned you guys at the beginning. :P Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday as well; I didn’t want my battery running out in case of an emergency or something since I was there practically there all day yesterday and had no way of charging it. Well it was such a fantastic day yesterday and the whole ride home I was just in a daze and replaying everything that had happened in my head. I’m still very happy today, and I can’t wait until the next time I get to relive something like this all over again! Thanks for reading if you somehow stuck all the way to the end. :lol:

Also I saw you Erick when I was leaving but you seemed in a hurry so I didn't want to bother you, but cool jacket! :D

you should have said hi!!!

OMFG someone grabbed you and asked you to sit down?? i would have went off on them... that is just ridiculous!

anyways, i still can't get over that i met will :D

dianne you should have ran back and met me!! ;) so you could have seen will!

Oh, don't think I didn't seriously think about it! But we'd just sat down at BJs, and unless you cornered him for like 15 minutes, there's no way :( I'll just have to find him next time! Congrats - He seems like such a nice guy.

Oh, don't think I didn't seriously think about it! But we'd just sat down at BJs, and unless you cornered him for like 15 minutes, there's no way :( I'll just have to find him next time! Congrats - He seems like such a nice guy.

yea. if only you would came with i said we were waiting but there was not guarantee that he would have came or anyone for that matter..

i'm so bummed i didn't meet more cpers!!! i only met one which i was lucky to be buy cuz we were rocking out!!

next concert fer sure!!!!!

you should have said hi!!!

I'm sorry, it's just that you were walking so fast towards the pit I think is where you were going and I didn't to stop you since security was starting to keep people from going in there and I just thought maybe you were trying to get confetti or something so I didn't want you missing out on the opportunity. But hey I saw you in person too. :P And that's so awesome that you got to meet Will!! You're very lucky indeed and you deserved to meet him since you were the only one to really notice him while you were waiting out there. :)

i'm so bummed i didn't meet more cpers!!! i only met one which i was lucky to be buy cuz we were rocking out!!

next concert fer sure!!!!!

:laugh3::laugh3: I was gonna sing and dance to make up for all those loosers just standing there in the pit!! :P I still cant believe 4 people left between us! Their loss and my gain, since my view got a little better.. hahahaha At least WE know how to have a good time and enjoy the concert! :D

:laugh3::laugh3: I was gonna sing and dance to make up for all those loosers just standing there in the pit!! :P I still cant believe 4 people left between us! Their loss and my gain, since my view got a little better.. hahahaha At least WE know how to have a good time and enjoy the concert! :D

seriously we had a BLAST!!!!

Hi everyone! I wanted to thank everyone on this forum because without you guys I wouldn't have been able to go to such an awesome concert last night! I was so lucky to have found this forum when I was desperately trying to find the promo code for the tickets. Last night was my first coldplay concert and certainly won't be my last! Thanks again!
welcome to coldplaying! ;)

seriously we had a BLAST!!!!

After a quick trip from Florida to Cali, and Dianne, keeping me awake most of the time I was there:laugh3: I woke up at 11am this morning and have to run out to get Birthday things for my daughters Birthday tomorrow, so I WILL be back with my review and take on the show:) All I can say at the moment is that Cpers are the best!!!:kiss:

Dianne.. Please let me know what you write, because I wanted to write as well. We could see Guy.. and that was it! A little of Will.. but only Chris when he was at the edge of the stage and never saw Johnny!! I am really pissed.. but have a situation at the moment where I am trying to keep my heart rate down... lol NOT HAPPY HERE! We were told FULL VIEW too and it was obstructed BIG TIME!

Hi Karalayne,

I sent you a PM with the email that I sent ticketmaster. I don't think there is really anything they can do but I did tell them that I think it was false advertising. Before the order history is gone, I also saved and also printed out a copy of my receipt that says our seats were "loge seating full-view."

After a quick trip from Florida to Cali, and Dianne, keeping me awake most of the time I was there:laugh3: I woke up at 11am this morning and have to run out to get Birthday things for my daughters Birthday tomorrow, so I WILL be back with my review and take on the show:) All I can say at the moment is that Cpers are the best!!!:kiss:

We had Coldplay to watch! And we did lots of driving around - welcome to California! I miss you!

My review, but before hand would like to say Thank-You to a friend who I'm sure will remain a lifetime friend all due to a little Brittish band. Dianne and her family graciously invited me to stay with her and pick me up from the airport, and this only knowing me for alittle more than 2 years. I felt part of the family as soon as we spent about 5 minutes together, so Thank-You!!!

The couple of weeks visiting the L.A. thread, chatting with people that were going was exciting and then finally getting to meet some of them.

Jason, Julie had VIP and kept keeping in touch with us through Dianne about the goings on behind the curtains, there was wine involved with every text Jason sent:lol:

Jason is a wonderful, happy guy, who was fun to be around, and makes you laugh!!!

Julie's heartwarming story concerning her child and the Mini Cooper that traveled the Viva La Vida shows has stuck with me since I first heard about it and saw the pics, she is a wonderful person who I am so glad to have gotten to know.

Imelda was such a sweetie, she was so shy when she walked up to us to say hello, and I am so glad she did, she was able to meet Phil and that was a great thing!!!

Kelly, well along with being an absolute beauty, she was so energetic, a fantastic dancer, and I looked like such a nerd dancing next to her, but we DID HAVE IT GOING ON and REPRESENTED CPERs ACROSS THE WORLD:lol:

I hadn't eaten and was startved so Dianne and I left our spot in line to go hunt for something for me, and I sat down in the UCLA's food court with a chicken sandwich and proceeded to eat about 3 bites, only to get a texted from Jason saying the boy's were now soundchecking.... Dianne said "Take it with you"...Hell no I dumped it all in the trash and we bolted across campus to reach them doing soundcheck. I tried to squeeze in, but there were too many people so I went around to the back and was able to peeked thru the slats in the netting and see them.

We headed back to the line and sat for another hour and then they let us in, there was a girl in front of me that was denied access due to the bar code not matching her name... I sure hope they let her in, she most likely was scammed:(

We headed in got our wristbands to drink, and ended up going down a sidewalk to find bathrooms, Kelly who had gone ahead and found them, came up to us and said she met Matt and Guy, and that the bathrooms were past the security guard. We all walked up to the guard and asked to use the bathrooms and she was very nice to let us go.

As Dianne and I waited our turn for the bathroom, here comes Miller, I spoke out and said "Hello Miller" and he smiled, said "Hello"and walked past with someone heading to the stage.

Diannes hubby, Mitch, casually said he was in the mens room with Guy, whatever happened in there, will remain His Story and his alone, we never asked for details.

I overheard 2 security guards state the Band was coming out in 2 minutes, so we waited for Dianne to emerge from the bathroom and we walked up to the top, so we wouldn't be in the way of them coming out.

Then they emerged, legs first were all we saw:D Chris, Guy, Will and Jonny looked our way and waved and were saying hello to us, they were going to meet the Head of the Grammy Folks and recieve some kind of trinket from them.

They headed back towards us, and I have got to say Jonny had the most incredible smile and was so happy looking, as well as Guy who had a huge grin on his face as if he had just scored one of those toy's in the claw machines:laugh3:

YES, WILL turned his head as we were cheering them and WILL made eye CONTACT with Dianne, it was so obvious, and made her night!!!!

Chris smiled ever so big and waved and then did the thumbs up, I would like to say he did that for me, since I yelled his name, but I didn't get eye contact like Dianne did, so maybe he did it for me, he just couldn't spot me due to Dianne being nearly 6ft tall and in my way:laugh3::kiss:

Time for a drink!!!!!!!

Found our seats, took a bunch of pics of the stage, almost cried knowing the arch next to the stage totally blocked Chris's sitting at the piano for me. Got pics of the roadies, Bash, Miller, Matt, and Hoppy, will post later.

Ended up sitting farther away, but still great seats, and Diannes 12 yr old daughter and friend on one side and Kelly and friend on the other side, made for some great dancing and singing!!

The Lady in front of me got a bonk across the side of her head from me :accidentally" while I was pulling off a Chrissy dance move:laugh3:, but it did lead to her standing from there on out, and getting into it, so I can say I helped her "Get in the Mood".

THE CROWD SUCKED.................. and all of us from the boards didn't sit together, but where ever we were we made it known we were all there representing, and had a great time never the less.

I have to say Chris had to sense the feeling of non Connection from most of the audience. Chris and Co. gave a great performance, strong, and entertaining, BUT his connection just never surfaced, the banter with his boy's on stage, down to his fuck-ups that we have all come to love, he messed his lines up once and just kept going, never acknowledging he messed up.

The start of the piano bit to Viva, we tried the 5 of us to start the Viva Ohhhh's, but nobody joined in, it was sad. The crowd perked up when it started, and again with Fix You, at least our whole section was loud.

Phil told someone all the fans were located in the back this time, so he noticed how the crowd was as well.

Jason, Julie, Dianne and her son and friend and myself all went to BJ's for pizza and chat, and had a great time, until Erick texted Dianne about meeting and getting a pic with Will:( Her tiredness and dry contacts took the wind out of her sails!!! I tried comforting her saying she MADE eye contact with Will, but I would have felt the same way if it had been Chris who was out doing the autographs and pics, so I felt her pain. By no means was she a Debbie Downer after this, just pissed she missed him, but very happy for Erick, as we all were.

One of the best get togethers overall that I could have experienced!!!!!!!!

Tracey

Hi Karalayne,

I sent you a PM with the email that I sent ticketmaster. I don't think there is really anything they can do but I did tell them that I think it was false advertising. Before the order history is gone, I also saved and also printed out a copy of my receipt that says our seats were "loge seating full-view."

dianne can you send that to me as well? i think i want to email them as well.

My review, but before hand would like to say Thank-You to a friend who I'm sure will remain a lifetime friend all due to a little Brittish band. Dianne and her family graciously invited me to stay with her and pick me up from the airport, and this only knowing me for alittle more than 2 years. I felt part of the family as soon as we spent about 5 minutes together, so Thank-You!!!

The couple of weeks visiting the L.A. thread, chatting with people that were going was exciting and then finally getting to meet some of them.

Jason, Julie had VIP and kept keeping in touch with us through Dianne about the goings on behind the curtains, there was wine involved with every text Jason sent:lol:

Jason is a wonderful, happy guy, who was fun to be around, and makes you laugh!!!

Julie's heartwarming story concerning her child and the Mini Cooper that traveled the Viva La Vida shows has stuck with me since I first heard about it and saw the pics, she is a wonderful person who I am so glad to have gotten to know.

Imelda was such a sweetie, she was so shy when she walked up to us to say hello, and I am so glad she did, she was able to meet Phil and that was a great thing!!!

Kelly, well along with being an absolute beauty, she was so energetic, a fantastic dancer, and I looked like such a nerd dancing next to her, but we DID HAVE IT GOING ON and REPRESENTED CPERs ACROSS THE WORLD:lol:

I hadn't eaten and was startved so Dianne and I left our spot in line to go hunt for something for me, and I sat down in the UCLA's food court with a chicken sandwich and proceeded to eat about 3 bites, only to get a texted from Jason saying the boy's were now soundchecking.... Dianne said "Take it with you"...Hell no I dumped it all in the trash and we bolted across campus to reach them doing soundcheck. I tried to squeeze in, but there were too many people so I went around to the back and was able to peeked thru the slats in the netting and see them.

We headed back to the line and sat for another hour and then they let us in, there was a girl in front of me that was denied access due to the bar code not matching her name... I sure hope they let her in, she most likely was scammed:(

We headed in got our wristbands to drink, and ended up going down a sidewalk to find bathrooms, Kelly who had gone ahead and found them, came up to us and said she met Matt and Guy, and that the bathrooms were past the security guard. We all walked up to the guard and asked to use the bathrooms and she was very nice to let us go.

As Dianne and I waited our turn for the bathroom, here comes Miller, I spoke out and said "Hello Miller" and he smiled, said "Hello"and walked past with someone heading to the stage.

Diannes hubby, Mitch, casually said he was in the mens room with Guy, whatever happened in there, will remain His Story and his alone, we never asked for details.

I overheard 2 security guards state the Band was coming out in 2 minutes, so we waited for Dianne to emerge from the bathroom and we walked up to the top, so we wouldn't be in the way of them coming out.

Then they emerged, legs first were all we saw:D Chris, Guy, Will and Jonny looked our way and waved and were saying hello to us, they were going to meet the Head of the Grammy Folks and recieve some kind of trinket from them.

They headed back towards us, and I have got to say Jonny had the most incredible smile and was so happy looking, as well as Guy who had a huge grin on his face as if he had just scored one of those toy's in the claw machines:laugh3:

YES, WILL turned his head as we were cheering them and WILL made eye CONTACT with Dianne, it was so obvious, and made her night!!!!

Chris smiled ever so big and waved and then did the thumbs up, I would like to say he did that for me, since I yelled his name, but I didn't get eye contact like Dianne did, so maybe he did it for me, he just couldn't spot me due to Dianne being nearly 6ft tall and in my way:laugh3::kiss:

Time for a drink!!!!!!!

Found our seats, took a bunch of pics of the stage, almost cried knowing the arch next to the stage totally blocked Chris's sitting at the piano for me. Got pics of the roadies, Bash, Miller, Matt, and Hoppy, will post later.

Ended up sitting farther away, but still great seats, and Diannes 12 yr old daughter and friend on one side and Kelly and friend on the other side, made for some great dancing and singing!!

The Lady in front of me got a bonk across the side of her head from me :accidentally" while I was pulling off a Chrissy dance move:laugh3:, but it did lead to her standing from there on out, and getting into it, so I can say I helped her "Get in the Mood".

THE CROWD SUCKED.................. and all of us from the boards didn't sit together, but where ever we were we made it known we were all there representing, and had a great time never the less.

I have to say Chris had to sense the feeling of non Connection from most of the audience. Chris and Co. gave a great performance, strong, and entertaining, BUT his connection just never surfaced, the banter with his boy's on stage, down to his fuck-ups that we have all come to love, he messed his lines up once and just kept going, never acknowledging he messed up.

The start of the piano bit to Viva, we tried the 5 of us to start the Viva Ohhhh's, but nobody joined in, it was sad. The crowd perked up when it started, and again with Fix You, at least our whole section was loud.

Phil told someone all the fans were located in the back this time, so he noticed how the crowd was as well.

Jason, Julie, Dianne and her son and friend and myself all went to BJ's for pizza and chat, and had a great time, until Erick texted Dianne about meeting and getting a pic with Will:( Her tiredness and dry contacts took the wind out of her sails!!! I tried comforting her saying she MADE eye contact with Will, but I would have felt the same way if it had been Chris who was out doing the autographs and pics, so I felt her pain. By no means was she a Debbie Downer after this, just pissed she missed him, but very happy for Erick, as we all were.

One of the best get togethers overall that I could have experienced!!!!!!!!

Tracey

i like your review and i wish we all could have met! wish you were all there to meet Will!